Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. P Janaki RamreddyYour feedback matters!
He snores heavily very loud already consulted doctor but coud not get a correct answer for it? What s it?
I have pain in my nose, head and above the eye. I am also having a running nose. And red colored mucus and some bleeding from the nose when I blow the nose. Please advise.
My name is Akshay My age is 22 I got sinus n doctor told me that is increased in bone in my nose so is it safe to do operation as I am very tense about it.
My father has some problem with his throat and lever. I think because of too much drinking. Can you please help me out so that he can recover soon?
I have been diagnosed with allergic rhinitis and sinusitis (ethmoid as well as frontal), 15 years back. I tend to have sneezing, runny nose, and nasal congestion frequently. I have been taking cetirizine 10 mg 1 tab every day for more than 10 years. Started consulting a homeopath (9 months back and continuous consultations with him) and my symptoms improved and I was able to cut down the cetirizine to half tablet every other day. I started having the symptoms (sneeze, runny nose, severe nasal congestion, and mild headache) for the last 10 days. Any long term solution?
I am feeling little dizzy now and then for the last 5 days especially when I close my eyes for few seconds or shake my head. I had my BP checked that showed only little below normal. What could be the possible causes and remedy?
I have 101 temperature from last tree days and my tonsils are too much infected. I did gargle with disprin many time sometimes I feel better but my temperature is as it is. What should I do?
I am suffering from cold and cough I am not able to talk now to any one because my throat is painting so please tell me what I should take precaution to be safe?
The inflammation of the tissues around the sinuses is a condition known as sinusitis. This can be triggered by a number of factors including a common cold and pollen allergies. The symptoms of acute sinusitis are -
- Facial muscle pain
- Stuffiness of the nose
- Running nose
- Loss of smell
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating sinusitis without causing any other side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda.
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Nasyam - Nasyam is one of the five therapies of detoxification according to Ayurveda. It treats sinusitis by administering medicated oils or herbal juices through the nostrils into the body. Nasyam acts by attacking and removing excess humor in sinus cavities. This improves the flow of oxygen in the body, and thus also helps treat the pain that is a result of your sinusitis.
- Ginger-Garlic - Ginger and garlic have a number of medicinal properties. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, create a concoction with crushed garlic, turmeric, and honey, in the ratio of 1 tsp each of garlic and turmeric and 2 tbsp of honey. Have 1 tsp of this concoction daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Change your diet - Ayurveda is a lifestyle and hence diet is a very important part of the treatment. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of lemon juice and water is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Processed foods, chocolates, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when treating sinusitis with Ayurveda.
Related Tip: Ayurvedic Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction?