Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. P Geeta RaniYour feedback matters!
What is the best time to have sex without condom with my wife. So she doesn't conceives. Atleast during 1st day of menstruation if intercourse is done. A lady doesn't conceives. But apart from that time. Any other time we can have loving time?
Most women attain menopause between the ages of late 40s and early 60s, the average age being about 51. This is an important milestone in a women's gynecological history. One major change is altered female hormone levels, and this leads to a lot of physiological changes. From hot flashes to mood swings, there is also increased predisposition to osteoporosis and uterine cancer.
If you have not had your menstrual cycles for close to 12 months, chances are you are into menopause. So, that means absolutely no vaginal bleeding anymore whatsoever. However, if you experience bleeding, even spotting, be on the alert. It is not normal and needs to be examined, and if required, diagnosed and treated.
Postmenopausal bleeding or PMB, as it is popularly called, can be due to a variety of reasons. While it could be something as trivial as inflammation of the uterine or vaginal lining, it could also be an indication of more severe issues like cancer.
- Atrophic vaginitis: Decreasing hormonal levels lead to increased dryness and therefore inflammation of the vaginal and uterine tissue. This is one of the common causes of bleeding after menopause.
- Endometrial atrophy: Also caused by lower hormone levels, the lining of the body of the uterus gradually thins down and can get inflamed.
- Polyps: Noncancerous growths in the uterus, cervix, vulva, or vagina can also lead to bleeding.
- Infections: General infection of any area along the uterine tract could lead to occasional bleeding.
- Cancers: Though only 1 in 10 PMB cases turn out to be cancers, the prognosis improves with early diagnosis and intervention.
Diagnosis: As repeated above, reach out to your doctor if you notice postmenopausal bleeding. Diagnostic methods could include the following:
- Physical examination
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- Endometrial biopsy
- Dilatation and Curettage
Treatment: Needless to say, this would depend on the diagnosis. For very minor cases with diagnosis like altered hormone levels, no treatment may be required other than modification of the hormone replacement therapy. For endometrial atrophy and atrophic vaginitis, use of estrogen creams and pessaries would be sufficient. Polyps would require removal followed by cauterization (application of slight heat) to stop the bleeding.
Cancer: This would depend on the type and location and require a combination of chemotherapy and surgery. Removal of the uterus also may be required in some cases. So, if you have had bleeding of any sort after a year of menopause, do not ignore it.
Hi, I'm 34 years old. I got married on 31 years. After my pregnancy I gained lot of weight. I was 50kg 4 years back. And my baby is 2 years 5 months now. I had c section. Then in 2 months I went for another sugary which gallbladder. After that I started putting on weight. I was very thin. I'm trying my best to reduce but nothing working out. I do lot of work at home. Please help me.
I get irregular periods. Sometimes after 1 month. Sometimes the flow is not proper as always. Can I get trouble in future due to this in having baby? I do masturbation too. Does it effect my periods?
I have oily skin of face and usually regular periods. This time they got delayed by around two weeks. I am having hair fall and acne or pimples. Please how to resolve naturally.
Sir, myself 39 years of age-female. Due to infertility problems I couldn't conceive after 10 yrs of married life. Now I didn't menses though last mp is 09 Feb'15. Today is 21 March'15 and pregnancy home test is negative. Kindly confirm how can I confirm pregnancy and what should I do?
Will you please tell me viagra 100 is used for vat purpose. My husband was using this medicine bt he did not tel me ever. Is this have side effects on conceiving baby. Bcz m facing the problem for conceiving.
I had sex with my girlfriend just now half an hour ago, I didn't use condom or anything it was heat of the moment and I couldn't control myself so I did it but now I am worry tat she will get pregnant we are just gf and bf no one knows about our relationship in families if she gets pregnant me and her life will ruin, I am in urgent need doctors please help me please what I can do to not make her pregnant.
I have in a relationship for 6 year. Never use protection when having sex. From last year she take pill for not to get pregnant. Is it possible she had any problem when she got with someone. E.g pregnancy and any other issue.
Hello doctor, Whenever my partner and I have sex my periods date is keep on reducing mean consider if I have date on 26th after sex it will be on 22nd. Why is this? And also the leakage during menstrual cycle on 1st and 2nd day is kind of black clots.
Hello Doctor, Tomorrow is my expected due date of period. And from past 2 days I am getting thick white discharge which is not sticky but it's is heavy. Normally it should be dry as I have observed. I never had such discharge. I am trying to conceive. I do have some light cramps on my left side of lower tummy. Period symptoms are quite lower as compared to previous cycles. What may be the reason of discharge.
Diabetes is a disease that affects the way your body deals with glucose in the blood and the glucose absorbed from the food you ingest. Diabetes is generally of two basic types - Type 1 and Type 2. Apart from these two types, there are other kinds as well including gestational diabetes that some women suffer from during their pregnancy. Type 2 Diabetes is a condition where the cells of the body do not make proper use of the insulin being produced by the pancreas.
Living with this kind of a condition may seem debilitating at first, but here are a few things you can do to make life easier despite Type 2 Diabetes.
- Weight: Being overweight is one the foremost side effects and sometimes, even cause of Type 2 Diabetes. To make your life easier, you can lose weight so that the complications involved are that much less. Diet and exercise are key for appropriate weight loss. Watch your diet so that you can eliminate high cholesterol as well. This can ensure that unnecessary amount of fat does not stick to your muscles and organs, which in turn will fuel better functioning of the same.
- Health Care Providers: Being fit with Type 2 Diabetes does not merely mean staying within your normal weight range. It also means taking care of your medication and insulin doses so that you can function in a more normal way. Make your family and friends your support system as you go about life so that people can help you and recognize symptoms when something goes wrong. Be in constant touch with your health care providers and the general physician you see so that they are in the loop and you know exactly what to do in case there is an emergency.
- Exercise: Being active is a great way to keep your blood sugar level low even as you ensure that you heart is in good condition. This will further eliminate the risk of heart disease, hypertension and high cholesterol. Sweating it out also helps the insulin work in a better manner within your body.
- Balance: While you may be asked to remove sugar from your diet, there is no need to stay away from proper meals. You can have a fiber rich diet that also has plenty of fruits and vegetables so that you get your due nutrition to maintain a fit body.
Watching your lifestyle is the main thing you need to do if you are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.