Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. P C P GuptaYour feedback matters!
How to get maturity, still got fear ,childish ,no response of life ,I am OK with my friends but starting a new relationship is sucks for me especially with girls ,how to overcome this .
I had been in a serious condition of backache and smoking habit I stop smoking since last 3 month but whenever I see ciggerate I attract to it what should I do now.
I was a very good student with sharp memory power. But ftom last 2 3 years my memory power is decreasing I am not able to remember things properly even not lectures. It is effecting my studies my exams my grades. Please give me some suggestions so that I can bring my memory power back. It is effecting my mental as well as social life.
I do handjob twice within a week. Also watch porn. I do not want this please help me to avoid this. Also tell disadvantage of this.
Depression is an addictive state, which is hard to get rid of. Everybody who suffers from it encounters it in an unexpected way, yet we all agree that it can be a major well-being issue. It makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when you can't demonstrate your feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with your productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Never Say 'You're Too Much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much," particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful.
- Try not to Shame People for Being Negative: Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do Understand That Depression Doesn't Mean "Trouble": Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Do Validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs.
Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular.
Related Tip: "How To Recognize Depression In Adults"
I am taking peri cr. 25 for the last 6 months I feel better in the morning but by evening I start feeling giddy and anxiety. Ambulax m doesn't help. I am retired. But I exercise daily get good sleep. Noon and night. I don't contemplate on any issue. My children are well settled. What I can't stand is argument or long discussions. Which my wife has the habit. I take 2 drinks daily and feel better. My head is generally heavy. Otherwise I have no money problem. Have own house and cars. At times I want to break out and go uphill on my own and be by myself.
Hello doctor, my aunt is suffering from a mental illness. She blabbers loudly throughout the day, she feels she is superior to all and everyone is trying to get her down. She is highly superstitious. She also gets hallucination and trust only people who praise her. She has immense amount of energy compared to a women of age of 55. What kind of syndrome is this? What can be possible treatment as it is very difficult to take her to a doctor whole day she keeps on screaming loudly in house please help.
I have a body pain every time and leg pain also without painkiller its very painful for me but I don't want to take painkiller but not possible then what should I do and why is it paining.
Since 13 days her behaviour has changed, she talks in different languages and doesn't recognise people. She is under medication past 4 days.
I'm not studying from last 2-3 years, I have lost my touch with study, I can not concentrate on my future, I do not know what should I do im very confused please help me.
I have started to take fludac20 to cure the adverse reaction of alcohol. I want to know how long I have to take this. How can check my serotonin level. Can I take 60 ml once in a week. I am getting better result with this med. So please guide me about it beneficial usage and precautions and continue timing. Please answer of three of my queries.
I always try to leave at people's expectations. Always try to please people. This is hampering my quality of life. I have had quite a depressive life. If anyone around me looks down on me (may it be stranger or dear one), I fall down in my own eyes. Even after I know it shouldn't be life this I can't help. I don't want to have this feeling anymore. Can anyone help.
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression. These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.