Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala PurohitYour feedback matters!
Appearance of dark circles is a sign of you going through stress or due to certain lifestyle habits. Choices like poor sleep or simply ageing can also be the possible reasons. There are a few procedures which will help you to get rid of these irritating dark circles. Read on more to find out all about them.
- IPL for dark circles: IPL or Intense Pulse Light therapy is an effective way of removing dark circles. This is recommended by the physician when blood vessels appear as blue or dark purple underneath the eyes. IPL deals with vascular pigmentation issues treating which, make the dark circles under your eyes disappear.
- Skin resurfacing; Chemical peeling or laser resurfacing helps in reducing dark circles by improving the rate of collagen production as well as decreasing pigmentation problems. They also help to improve your overall skin quality.
- Fat Injections: In this procedure, fat is grafted from another area of the body and via injection, is inserted in the tear troughs in order to treat dark circles. Fat injections are used generally when dark circles are caused due to tissue and fat loss in the upper cheeks or under the eyes.
- Treatment with Hyaluronic acid: Treatment with hyaluronic acid in which the chemical is inserted through injection into the tear troughs or upper cheek area is temporary as the chemical is absorbed by the body in a few months.
- Cheek lift: Lifting the cheeks surgically can permanently correct the problem of dark circles which are caused due to the drooping of cheeks, usually due to facial ageing.
- Surgery for eyelids: Blepharoplasty also known as eyelid surgery is the most recommended and effective way of eradicating dark circles. It is also a permanent solution for getting rid of dark circles. Multiple approaches exist to perform lower eyelid surgery. The results can be achieved after undergoing one or a combination of a few procedures such as placement of tear trough implants and the repositioning, addition, partial or complete removal of fat existing underneath your eyes.
All Ayurvedic treatments have their roots in hundreds of years of research and thus are extensive. The philosophy followed by these treatments is that every human being in governed by three doshas of forces - vata (air), pitta (fire) and kapha (earth). Depending on the force that is in highest proportion in an individual, all his psychological and physical attributes are determined. Hair loss is attributed to the pitta dosha which is concentrates on metabolism and digestion. The various methods to treat premature loss of hair, according to Ayurvedic principles are:
- Balancing the pitta dosha: Pitta dosha can be managed by eating less salty, fried and spicy food, consuming limited amount of alcohol, coffee and meat and reducing smoking habits. Certain herbs can curb excess pitta like shatavari or asparagus and bitter vegetables.
- Ayurvedic oil and shampoo: An effective remedy is oil made by boiling a cup of neem (margosa) leaves in 4 cups of water. The mixture is then strained and stored. If applied at night and rinsed off in the morning, hair loss can be prevented and your hair gets healthier. An Ayurvedic shampoo can be made at home by preparing a mixture of methi (fenugreek), green bean (mung dal), soapberries, lemon juice and curry leaves which need to grinded well together before applying on the scalp.
- Ayurvedic diet plan: Ayurveda believes that a well-balanced diet is the preventive measure to most ailments, including hair loss. Consuming vegetables with high protein and iron content like cauliflower, kale, pumpkin leaves, spinach, salsify, lentils, beet greens, string beans, dandelion greens, raisins, soybeans etc. proves to be helpful in this regard. This diet can also help to combat systemic diseases which may causes loss of hair and sizeable bald spots.
- Ayurvedic medicines: Four ayurvedic medicines are used extensively for the purpose of combatting hair loss. These are Thikthakam Kashayam, Thikthakam Grisham (regulates metabolism), Chyavana Prasam and Narasimha Rasayanam, which improves the strength and quality of hair).
- Combating other problems that cause hair loss: Using herbs like Brahmi (to manage stress), Shilajita and Jatamansi (for thyroid imbalance), cardamom (for chronic problems) and ashwagandha (for immune system disorders) can indirectly help when hair loss is a symptom or side effect of another disease.
Medicines are to be taken on prescription of a qualified Ayurveda Doctor Only. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
How to get rid of my hair loss & also from the graying of the hair its also getting thin. pls tell me what to do?
A good sunscreen with spf acts like oxygen to your skin. Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before going outdoors between 11am and 3pm when sun is at its peak and its rays the strongest it should be done every three hours if you have prolonged exposure to sun.
I have been prescribed the drug hetrazan 100 for treatment of eczema. Does it have any long term side effects that I should be aware of ?
I have problem phele me bohut gora tha per jab mere face pe pimple aaye toh mene melas cream lagai per do din mai mere face pe skin nilkalne lagi or face red ho gaya phir mene chhod di or ab mera face kala ho gaya so what should I do? Please advise.
Lybrate | Dr.Vanishree Vebin speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
My skin is oily. So I face too much problem in summer days. My face is full off pimples. What will I do?
Skin allergens such as immune system disorders, medicines, food, and infections can trigger an immune system response that characterizes in the form of a skin allergy. Although skin allergies such as bumps, itchy rashes, red patches and other conditions are commonly seen, identifying their cause isn't as straightforward sometimes.
Homeopathy identifies and treats the root cause of the allergy with oral medication instead of superficial medicines such as topical creams and treatments. To treat a skin allergy or problem, homeopathy keeps in mind the sufferer, not just the allergy or skin.
Common skin allergies can be effectively treated with suitable homeopathic treatments as listed below.
Eczema - Also known as dermatitis, it affects children more than adults. Characterized by the red, itchy and irritated skin, an infection may cause the development of fluid oozing bumps. Eczema of the scalp affecting children can be treated with Calcarea Carb whereas Rhus-Tox (Toxicodendron) is used to treat red, itchy and swollen eruptions caused by eczema.
Urticaria - Better known as hives, this condition is caused by the inflammation of the skin due to leakage of blood vessels. Those who suffer from itchy, swollen bumps or thickened skin as in the case of chronic urticaria, can be treated with Arsenicum. Hives with heavy menstruation may be treated with Belladona, while Urtica urens is better suited to hives of gastric origin.
Psoriasis - It is characterized by red, itchy patches of skin covered with silvery scales. Plaque, guttate and pustular psoriasis are differentiated on the basis of location, appearance and severity. For guttate psoriasis, where the plaques are rounded and flakey, Arsenicum iodatum and Arsenicum album can be used while sulphur and graphites are also commonly prescribed.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for clear skin
I am 33 years old male and have lots of lipomas on my body. What should I do for treatment of lipomas without any surgery.
My skin is fully tanned. Because I have been playing in hot sun these days and I have to become little fair too. What are the natural remedies we should do? Please advice.
I am 20 years old. I can't grow a beard on my cheeks and even near the chin I cant grow facial hair. I have gynecomastia gr. 1. Is there any oil or an ointment which can grow facial hair. Pls reply. It is very embarrassing for me. Thankyou.
I am 19 years old I want to grow tall what should I do? And my skin is not clear it as got pores how can I cure it?
I have a lot of acne scars on my face. How to get rid of them n also how to reduce the sperm count. I masturbate daily twice.
Hw to get rid of acnes is there any treatment for it I m of 19 nd still having this problem my skin type is oily.
Causes, symptoms and preventive measures for Acne
Hi I am Dr Rohit Goyal. I am Ayurvedic skin specialist. Today I will discuss about acne.
Acne is a very common skin disorder in adults. Basically acne is an inflammatory disease due to excessive secretion of oil. It's an inflammatory pills biases gland disorder. Usually acne affects face, but also affects shoulders necks and backs. Commonly starts with mini papules blackheads whiteheads How to convert it into nodules cysts permanent scars.
Today I will give you some tips about how to prevent acne?
- Drink a lot of water. Water helps to detoxify your blood to excrete urine.
- Don't touch or pinch your pimples again and again.
- Don't wash your face more than 2 times a day. Because dry and oily both type of skins are prone for acne.
- You can also take green tea and antioxidant probiotics also help to improve acne.
- Don't take excessive antibiotics. And isotretinoin and derivatives for preventing acne. Because it also helps to prevent acne but also affects your liver and kidney.
So I will give you some tips how to treat acne.
- You can use tea tree oil or clove oil in 1% 2% concentration For local application and
- also use Neem chirayata Tulsi In form of capsules powders And decoctions
- also use Some vitamins like vitamin A Vitamin E Omega 3 fatty acids Primrose oil Primrose capsules also prevent acne
- Don't use excessive cosmetic on face.
- Use moisturizer every time after wash and
- if you are constipated please remove your constipation through a lot of liquid.
- Drink hot milk in night time.
- Take Triphala.
So this is it. If you want to consult me this topic and other diseases. You can consult me on lybrate or Ayur Skin Clinic. Thank you for watching.
1. Keep it lukewarm
Winter is the time when your skin and hair need maximum attention. Though the idea of piping hot water is very tempting, stick to a lukewarm water bath every day. Make sure to use a mild non-drying soap or a moisturizing soap.
During winters, the varying temperature outdoors and indoors can have a major effect on the skin. While taking a shower, get into the habit of exfoliating with a loofah so as to remove layers of dead skin and make way for new healthy skin cells.
3. Make moisturizer your daily companion
Needless to say, choose a really good moisturizer to keep the skin moisturized and soft. Pay special attention to the exposed parts (and the most affected areas) like your hands, nails, feet and lips. Keep them well moisturized at all times. Use a lip balm to keep your lips soft and supple.
4. Sunscreen is not just for summers
Wear a sunscreen when you step out in the open. In fact, it should be a part of your daily routine throughout the year and especially during the winters. This is the time when it may seem that you don’t need protection from the sun but you really do!
5. Avoid excess use of deodorants
As you hardly tend to sweat during winter, it’s best to restrict the usage of deodorants which contain high alcohol content. These products tend to strip away the skin’s moisture leaving your skin dry. Go for alcohol-free products instead.
6. Conditioner is a must
Since you don’t sweat much in winter, don’t shampoo too often as it may dry out the scalp and hair. Use a mild shampoo and lukewarm water as very hot water can be harmful to your hair and scalp. And don’t forget the conditioner. If you want to go natural, coconut milk is an excellent conditioner.
7. Oil your hair regularly
However busy your schedule is, don’t skip the oil your hair needs. It will help regulate the blood circulation and keep your scalp moisturized.
8. Style wisely
Say no to hair dryers/ flat irons/ curl irons. These hair styling instruments work on the principle of heat, which when used during winters make matters worse. Instead use the cool setting of the dryer which though may take longer to dry but it would retain the moisture. Choose wooden hair brushes or combs instead of plastic. This is to fight the static hair caused by absence of moisture. If it fits in your schedule and budget, visit a good salon for protein treatment.
9. Cover with care
While woolen caps, scarves and stoles may make a style statement, it can also be the cause of hair breakage especially at the nape of your neck or forehead. Don’t try to be over-protective by wearing them tightly around your head. Leave sufficient space for air circulation in the scalp.