Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NirmalaYour feedback matters!
Since my friend had miscarriage at 6 weeks, it is safe to have intercourse after 1 month using protection or she shud avoid it for next 3 months?
I am on combined pill crisanta which I take at the same time regularly. I had sex on 3Rd 4th 5th June. I used condoms while having intercourse. But I was worried that some precum may have come in contact before having sex when he touched his penis and touched on top of vagina but not inside. So I took a beta hcg test on 12th June and on 23Rd June. Both came negative with <1.20. My withdrawal bleed also occurred on 20 th. Is there any chance of pregnancy left? Do I again need to take a beta hcg test?
I am 27 years old. I observed light spotting at middle of my cycle. After 10 days I have periods like indigestion, cramping and backache with bleeding. Every time I have periods at 28days.
Hii. I am married from 7 months. Since from my marriage my periods are delaying for 2 to 3 months every time of period and pregnancy test is also negative. Can you please tell me because of this periods delaying can affect conceiving. I want to conceive.
Just wanted to confirm. Is it safe to have sex while periods without protection? I just had and worried about the STD or HIV. Please help me with this.
She is facing problem from last many years but not yet prescribed to any doctor regarding her irregular periods and pain in lower stomach. After 5 6 days of her period cycle again bleeding occurs. Kindly prescribe me some medicine to get her cure.
After second delivery I got stretch marks on stomach, thighs and hips so please tel me how to get rid of it ?
The Smartphone addiction has got all hooked. With millions of apps catering to your different needs, smileys, emoticons and memes instead of relying on words to express what you feel and getting to know the whole world at one tap, you feel severely addicted to your Smartphone. But, is that a healthy sign? On introspection, you will probably find that you spend more time over the virtual domain through the social networking sites rather than having a heart-to-heart with your family and friends.
Of late, smartphones are being held responsible for causing depression as a result of increased isolation. Let’s find out whether the theory is well propounded or not.
- One of the major signs of depression is lack of adequate sleep. Sticking to your smartphone till the wee hours of the morning affects your level of concentration, resulting in anxiety and a bad temper.
- When you spend a lot of time on the gadgets, you slowly compromise on your thinking capacity. You take everything internet serves you as granted without clarifying. With every piece of information available on the internet, there is nothing left for you to imagine or create.
- Addiction to social networking sites is taking away all your creative potentials; and on one fine day, when you discover this, you might feel increasingly disillusioned, resulting in depression.
- One of the worst causes of depression is cyber bullying. The virtual world might welcome you with all kinds of threats and humiliation and this happens majorly on the social networking sites. As a result, you feel your self-confidence is at stake, resulting in severely low self-esteem and subsequent depression.
- Abandoning your smartphone completely is utopian, because they serve needful purposes as well. But, what you can do is limit the time you spend on the device and replace it with something creative. Otherwise, it might not be too late before you start silently sliding into depression.
My friend is married and she has a 3 years son. Actually post pregnancy her periods are regular, but it is only for 2 days. Is she having any problems as her periods are for only 2 days or this is normal. please suggest.
If a boy put his penis inside nd do just 2 times in out not so badly but he does. Does that sperm comes out so is there any chance of pregnancy
Helo doctor. I had unprotected sex on march 23rd. I took (postpone 72) pill only one pill within 10 mints. 23,24,25th continually 3 days per day 2,3 times we had unprotected sex. Aftr 23rd I did not take any pill. April (1st -4th) 4 days I got bleeding. Its not heavy flow its average flow. Too much of thick blood clots substance released along with period. March 13th to 16th I got my normal period already. Nw my doubt is any chance for pregnancy? please dnt saz do UPT. Go to gynec get scan etc etc etc. I want straight, clean detailed answer. please help me. Thanx in advance.
I used Trito medication for 5 days doctor told that in next 5 days period will come. But it was 14 days completed but the period still did not come. Can you please suggest what may be the problem, and suggest any other options & home remedy.
Dear Sir/Madam, please advice what precaution should take while planning for pregnancy i.e.food. As I am working so please guide. Is there any special care from Ovulation period till periods date as I want to conceive. please advice about excursion too.
How to treat vaginismus at home or suggest some meds. Me and my bf trying to have sex. It just never happens. I think m suffering from vaginismus.
She have left ovary cyst, length 8 cm. From past 3 years she is taking tablet (Loette) for regularizing periods ,now they are planning for marriage. Very much worried about fertility issue & cyst treatment. Please advice without removing cyst can she get regular periods.
4 Types of irregular periods and their causes
Menstruation is a cyclical process when at a certain time of the month, the lining of the uterus is shed and vaginal bleeding occurs. Sometimes there can be abnormalities in this cycle. Irregular periods in women are abnormal variations in the length, volume, duration and quality of menstrual cycle. Irregular periods aren't uncommon among menstruating women.
Abnormalities in periods can be of the following nature:
- Varying time between successive periods
- Loss of more or less blood than usual
- Varying length of your periods
Based on these categorizations, the different types of periods are:
1. Irregular menstrual bleeding - Irregular menstrual bleeding is characterized by bleeding that takes place for more than 20 days in a solitary cycle, which can lengthen over a period of a year.
2. Absent menstrual bleeding - In this type of menstrual bleeding, a woman does not get her period at all within a span of 90 days.
3. Heavy menstrual bleeding - This involves excessive blood loss that may intervene with a woman's physical, psychological and social quality of life.
4. Heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding - This is less common than heavy menstrual bleeding and is different from in terms of duration. A different type of therapy is required to treat the condition as it is more severe in nature.
5. Light menstrual bleeding - Light menstrual bleeding is characterized by less blood loss than usual.
Irregular periods can be caused due to several reasons. Some of them are:
- Switching from one birth control pill to another or taking certain medication
- Excessive exercising
- Breastfeeding or pregnancy
- Polycystic ovary disease (PCOS)
- Uterine fibroids
- Getting an IUD (intrauterine device)
- Gradual thickening of uterine lining or the development of polyps on the uterine lining
- Scarring of the lining of the uterus can also be a possible cause
Changes in the body's level of hormones can also disrupt a woman's periods. Estrogen and progesterone are the chief hormones that play a crucial part in the menstrual cycle and influence the flow as well, thereby giving rise to abnormalities if their balance is disturbed.
When it comes to treating irregular periods, modifying your lifestyle, treating the underlying issue behind an irregular cycle, changing your birth control pills (if that is the cause), opting for hormone therapy or even surgery are viable treatment options.
Related Tip: Effective Ways to Ease Heavy Bleeding During Periods