Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nirmala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NirmalaYour feedback matters!
1) Oral sex and anal sex are 100% safe
Yes, to your surprise, it is a sex myth and the truth is that all sexually transmitted diseases that are transferred through unprotected vaginal sex can also be caught through all kinds of anal or oral sex. Medical science has proved that there are more chances of catching an STD infection through unprotected anal sex as compared with oral or vaginal sex.
2) First time sex will not make you pregnant
You can never foresee when odds are against you so you should not take the risk. A woman is as likely to conceive with first time sex as she will do anytime in her later life provided she does so in her fertile days.
3) Having sex during periods will never make you pregnant
Logically speaking, there are no chances of getting pregnant when you have your periods but if someone has a longer cycle or bleeds between the periods, it is quite possible. Moreover, when a woman has a short cycle and she has sex by last two to three days of her menstrual cycle, she can conceive because sperms will stay in her body for up to 72 hours.
4) Two condoms work better than one
One condom is enough to get the job done and there is no need to use two. In America, they test each latex condom for holes before packing it to the box. Regular and correct use of condoms will save you from many sexually transmitted diseases and other sex consequences.
5) Drinking alcohol guarantees better performance in bed
No, this is not true because alcohol takes out your ability to make sensible decisions and you can make risky choices. When you’re drunk, you can decide to have sex with someone you don’t want otherwise. It will not spice up the experience rather it can give you regrets.
Hi I am 7 months pregnant and this is the start of my 8th month. I have been told by numerous people to be extra careful. What extra precautions to take in this month. I am working and have to travel to office for1 hr each way. Kindly advise.
Now I am 25week pregnant. Placentavs breech position, uppersegment grade 2 maturity. How the baby moments will be either high or low if the baby is in breech position?
I missed my period in January (Jan 28), but I wasn't sexually active so I ignored it. I had unprotected sex on Feb 11 and took ipill within 24 hours and got my period the same day I.E Feb 12. Had sex again on 18th Feb, condom broke so took pill again. After 10 days had period like bleeding for 3 days on 28th Feb. Last had sex on March 9 (protected, but I doubt). No sex after that. Did urine test on 4th, 18th & 30th march. All negative. On someone's advice I did blood hcg on 30th march again negative. But I'm confused that I bled on 28th Feb for second time. Was that my period or the one I got on Feb 12th? If 28 is my actual period date then Have I got that blood hcg done too early? Or should I rely upon the tests?
I had an unprotected sex for three times with my girlfriend ,after two days she had her periods ,will this effect for any pregnancy. If any negative side the pls suggest me how many days before and after periods it would be recommended for sex to get pregnancy.
I am 25 years old and I had stopped white sticky stuff in my vagina from last 2 months. I am virgin. Please help me out. Is this serious? or not.
Which oral pills are best available in India to take for the whole month every day, which helps not to get pregnant.
I asked about a very easy problem related to women that what we should do when female of aged 42 is suffering from the problem mild dysplasia and chronic infection in utres.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin which in total has 8 compounds, of which only one compound is useful to humans. This is also known as alpha-tocopherol and plays a vital role in antioxidation process and is believed to improve the overall ageing process.
Read on to know more about its benefits, functions, and sources.
- Vitamin E that is absorbed by the intestine is transferred to the liver, from where only alpha-tocopherol gets re-released into the system in small amounts. So, if your diet contains the other 7 variants, they are excreted by the liver (not required in humans).
- This active vitamin E controls the oxidation process in cells and prevents the release of free radicals, which is the culprit in all inflammatory processes. These can cause heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and stroke. This process is also accelerated by the environmental factors like pollution, UV rays, smoking, etc.
- Vitamin E is also shown to dilate blood vessels and prevent platelet clogging.
- Vitamin E is useful in preventing and treating diabetes and its related complications. Of note, diabetes is also considered as a chronic inflammatory process.
- The nervous system diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and epilepsy can benefit from Vitamin E. It reduces overall cognitive declines and helps in these disease conditions
- Women are particularly benefitted from vitamin E, including premenstrual cramps, painful periods, hot flashes with breast cancer, eclampsia during pregnancy, and pregnancy complications
- Given their role in energy formation, they help improve endurance, energy levels, and improv muscle strength and reduce muscle damage.
- The antioxidant effect is useful in reversing ageing skin changes including wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E is used widely in skin care products including creams and lotions and helps in regeneration of skin and tissue.
- It is useful to control hair loss, which could be due to multiple reasons, including chemotherapy or side effect of drugs.
- It is useful in treating allergies, asthma, respiratory infections, and skin allergies.
- Eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration which are generally age-related can be controlled with adequate intake of vitamin E.
- Taken with other antioxidants like niacin, it is helpful in controlling the buildup of cholesterol.
Natural food sources contain enough amounts of this vitamin to meet normal daily requirements, and so consume the following.
- Green leafy vegetables, legumes, and vegetable oils
- Whole grains and fortified cereals
- Fruits and nuts and seeds
- Seafood, poultry, and meat
- Dairy products including fat-free or low-fat milk
Given its wide availability, deficiency is rare, but supplements may be required for premature babies with low-weight and in people with some genetic disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.