Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. NiranjanYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from full body pain since last night which tablet I take to get rid out of this kind of body pain.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I feel like there is nothing left in me. I just want to cry all the time and by crying also I do not feel satisfaction. I want I could sleep forever I could not feel pain anger. I could not feel me. I can not tolerate noise my mind start disfunctioning I start tremouring whenever I see something emotional or noisy. I shatter whenever I encounter this kind of situation .my parents always quarrel there's financial problem also .my mother is only earning member. I had 5 operations of hip replacement inspite of this I have pain I have to take painkillers I feel helpless when im not able to walk and rely on others. I want to end up everything im fed from all this. I'm not able to sleep properly I just sleep due to painkiller I take. It is narcotic kind. Im. Empty inside my situation is this that I do not want any solution I just want to sleep forever. Is this depression kindly elaborate this if this is so. Help me.
How to overcome from depression, stress and negative thoughts. Plyz help me sir. I was severely suffering from them.
Dr. I am suffering from pulse rate problem it grows very high although by a little work done. I have taken BP ECHO PFT THYROID etc and other checkup but the Dr. Said that it's only due to depression and hard work and weakness and prescribed me medicine but it has gone 11 days already but there is no improvement and I am still facing this problem and so anxious about it. Therefore I request you to tell me what should be the best treatment for my problem.
How to cure stammering? I do not have speech therapist, psychologist in my vicinity. Suggest some proven ways to cure stammering?
Failure to strike a healthy work-life balance can see your health going on the downswing. Several studies have time and again highlighted the fact that working too much can be bad for you. The major factor that is at play when you work too much is stress, which negatively impacts both your mental and physical well-being. A joint study conducted by Stanford university and Harvard business school has revealed that workplace stress can ruin your physical health by as much as 90%.
Read on to find out the ill effects of all work and no play.
- Working overtime can increase your risk of developing cardiovascular problems by about 60%.
- While working too much can see your risk of experiencing a heart attack rise by about 13%, over 55 hours of work time every week can increase your chances of getting a stroke by about 33%.
- Consistently working overtime can lead you to face mental health problems.
- Over-working can cause your learning ability and memory power to fail as you don't get the required amount of rest time.
- Working for over 11 hours a day can increase your chances of suffering from depression.
- Working for over 40 hours a week can increase your risk of gaining weight, and indulging in alcohol and tobacco abuse.
- Working for over 50 hours a week can bring about a reduction in your sleep time to less than 6 hours a day, which can have an adverse impact on your work performance.
- Working non-stop in front of the computer can cause you to become prone to headaches and blurred vision.
Here's how you can prevent the negative effects of working too much from impacting your health:
- Take a short trip: Being physically away from your workplace and going on short vacations can help your health considerably as it reduces work-related stress to a great extent. It also helps in the rejuvenation of your mind and body, thereby improving your overall health.
- Meditate for a calmer self: Meditation is another helpful way in which you can cut down the harm that too much work can have on your body. Spend a few moments each day to de-stress and calm your agitated mind.
- Don't bring work home: Once you're at home, avoid the impulse of checking your phone or email for work. Furthermore, avoid bringing your smartphone with you to the dinner table and don't discuss work while eating.
- Go for regular checkups: Visiting a doctor regularly is another preventive measure that you need to take very seriously. Screening tests for stroke, heart disease or high blood pressure should be undertaken from time to time so as to prevent yourself from falling prey to such problems.
Despite your heavy workload, you still need to take out time for yourself. It is imperative that you do so in order to create a better work-life balance and consequently, a healthier self. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I lost someone three month before. Her memories disturbs me a lot. I feel very depressed and want to overcome this depression. And I am also addicted to watching porn and masturbation at mental level I wanna overcome it. Please help me.
Dear sir/ madam I am a 46 years old guy. I cannot remember the names of characters of any story book I read. I have to reread them. I am losing my focus. This happens in my day-to-day living also I at times forget how much I paid at a shop and how much I was returned. I have OCD and I feel very abnormal due to all these issues. Please suggest a remedy Rgds Monty.
I have memory problem its difficult to memorize things please suggest me remedies so that it is beneficial to me. I see you very soon.
Hyperacidity, psoriasis, migraine, ibs, chronic fatigue are some examples of stress induced disease.
Along with medicines patients should learn to manage stress. Improving self awareness is first step of it. Mindfulness meditation is very useful to improve self awareness. Because of this awareness person can choose thought to ponder or to ignore. It is important learning.
Irrational thoughts are the main culprit for our anxiety and stress. Mindfulness helps to slow down internal clutter. Mindful walking. Mindful eating changes default mode of our brain. Our brain is always thinking. It is similar to computer. If there are too many files opened simultaneously the computer will get slowed and crashed. You should scan it and close some open files. Similarly our brain is stressed due to continuous thinking.
Meditation helps to shut down some files in our brain for some time. Five to ten minutes of meditation will revitalize your brain.
Meditation is non religious. Anyone can learn it and experience it's benefits by one month regular practice. There are many research papers published worldwide on effects of meditation. Dr. Herbert benson from howard university named it as relaxation response. He found that meditation is helpful on many stress induced disease. Meditation can be learned by online coaching. There is no need to meet so called spiritual or religious guru. It is better to learn it from doctor because he can synergistically teach meditation with psychotherapy.
I am , 22 years old but still am not behave like matured to my age. Low memory power, absence of mind, no concentration on anything. No responsibility at all.
I need psychological help. I don't know whether these are the symptoms of depression or not, but I feel so that I am getting depressed day by day. I feel sad, I always cry. Sometimes I feel like I want to commit something wrong but then I control myself. Yes I am in a relationship and we fight. But then whenever this situation comes where we fight, I get very weak. I cry a lot, can't sleep till 5 am and when I sleep. I sleep too late. Infact I sleep a bit too much. I feel that I am a lonely person, I feel isolated. Whenever I get to smile for a reason, I get scared along with. So that I do not get to cry again at the end of the day. Sometimes I want to cry my heart out, I want to cry out loud, but I can't. Yes I have self harmed many a times. Please help me out.
I am taking medications of anxiety and depression. And doing meditation daily I wanna know when meditation will start working and I will be able to control my mind and thoughts?
I hear sound that someone is saying or speaking something but can get the words clearly what they are speaking unless I concentrate on them and if in between any other sound comes the I get distracted and thus can't hear the person at that moment at all.
Pregnancy is a journey in itself where you tend to go through physical changes, psychological changes and social changes as well. While the body struggles to cope with the hormonal and other major changes, the mind also tries continuously to adapt and cope with emotional as well as mental stress. Teenagers are considered to still be in a maturing stage when they have difficulty dealing with factors such as peer stress, emotional ups and downs, identity issues, personality building challenges and psychological barriers.
So, getting pregnant at this stage can be very traumatizing. Issues such as postpartum depression have become very common among teenagers.
Psychological Barrier in Teenage Pregnancy: As per the Pediatrics Journal, teenage mothers tend to have higher rate of depression compared with adult women who experience pregnancy. This may be due to various reasons like difficulty to face the society, unplanned pregnancy, immaturity to deal with pregnancy and related symptoms, own social involvements, which come between pregnancy and a whole lot of reasons.
However, the psychological effects and stress, which account for these barriers are sometimes quite severe and according to researchers, teen mothers often show symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which may sometimes lead to suicidal tendencies.
Signs and Symptoms of Stress and Trauma:
- Some of the major stress signs in teenage pregnancy either in the prepartum or postpartum period may include anxiety, depression, concentration difficulties, eating disorders, insufficient sleep, sadness or mood swings.
- Already teenage pregnancy leads to excessive mental stress and if there is a complication in delivery or premature birth before 37 weeks, the level of depression tends to get higher.
- There is a distinct difference between postpartum depression and baby blues. While baby blues are similar to stress and sleep problems, eating troubles, mood fluctuations seem the same as postpartum depression, they tend to go off within two to three weeks, while depression lasts.
- Excessive fatigue resulting into a brittle mood.
- Sudden attacks of panic are also quite common.
- Difficulties in bonding with baby or having patience with baby's demands.
This type of stress and trauma may lead to child abuse, neglecting children or depression. Lowered self-confidence and irritated state of mind are also some of the common complaints. Therefore, to avoid the postpartum stress and major difficulties, teenage pregnant moms can consult psychiatrists for help and advice.