Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. NiranjanYour feedback matters!
Hello, My Height is 5.7" Weight - 53kg, Age - 23rd, I have bad habits first of all, 1) I like to eat sweet things like Gulaab Jamun, Rasgula, cake, sugar, many more 2) masturbating is the second one, I want to leave both bad habit, Please tell/help me.
I'm feeling very low, slightly going into depression, I've lost my way lost my dream, I lived in a family for 20 years where were no emotions, no support, bad environment. Which affected me badly, now family conditions are improving but I'm lost. I'm not on the way where I should be, I got frustrate too early, I couldn't make a good relationship, not good friend, I'm alone. I feel like a loser who never played.
I live a very isolated life, I work from home, hardly there is a need for me to leave home. Once in a couple of weeks I go outside, I am happy with my life, but I get scared at times. I get scared because I think will it affect my level of confidence, am I loosing something because of it, why should I leave home if there is no need, am I too scared to leave my comfort zone, I am just confused. I get depressed regarding my future. Is it unnecessary fear or is it something really to be worried about?
Hello, I think I am in severe depression. Nothing is good happening or I ws not even happy in my whole lyf. So, I am thinking of suicide all the time. I am tired of this bullshit lyf. M the unlukiest person in the world I think I am suffering from RA N HYPERTENSION n no one is bothered or concerned about this. Why I am still alive I do not no. Pointless lyf.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain tumours, injury, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.