Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nindra ArmugamYour feedback matters!
What is the symptoms of cancer and hepatitis b. Please help me. What medicine should be take for that disease.
What are the symptoms of skin cancer. If a person suffer from the skin cancer. How can he will be safe from the skin cancer and what is the limit of the skin cancer.
My father is suffering with neck cancer, he has gone through radiation 7 chemo last year, but 3 months after completing the radiation he had breathing problem and thus has gone through trachestomy, but since trachestomy has been done he is suffering with lots of pain in the neck and we also have to do suction every hour or so, can you advise some medicines or device which can reduce his pain & problems.
My gf suffering from breast pain from last 1 year. She is a medical student. Now she so depressed that she thinking this due to breast tumor. She feels like its due to tumor but till now she not tested .any help. She is suffering so much pain.
My grandfather is suffering from cancer in gall bladder from last 8 months. The treatment is undergoing in Command hospital (Military). He is medicated with chemo (3 times done. Vomiting & pain is regular. There is no relief by this treatment.
What are the symptoms of uterus cancer how can we detect it and remedies to control it by home remedies.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I have prostate mild enlargement and weight is 31gms. So what can I do for this problem? If it's neccesory to surgery? Or avoid by tablets?
Is it possible to know now whether I am going to get some disease like cancer or something else in the future? If there are any such tests then how much do they cost approximately.
I am a 62 years man. I had a complete executive check up a done 15 days back. Everything ok, except marginal enlargement of prostate that the doctor said was tolerable for the age. However my right side of the neck region gets sore when in air-conditioned room in this summer. Why?
Does Chewing tobacco causes any chronic disease (cancer etc). I have heard from many old people stating that "i have been chewing tobacco from past fifty years and nothing harmful has happened to me" Even people are saying that if you chew for 10 minutes for 10 times day then I won't be harmful. Please clarify my doubt. Thank you.
New research on urinary and sexual outcomes could eventually help prostate cancer patients decide on their course of treatment.
“The ultimate goal is to develop a predictive tool that lets patients decide which treatment is right for them based on the symptoms they have beforehand, and their tolerance for any change – even temporary – in those symptoms,” said researcher Matthew Johnson, MD in a press release. Dr. Johnson is a resident physician in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
Dr. Johnson and his colleagues presented their study findings in September at the American Society for Radiation Oncology’s 56th Annual Meeting.
Their data came from two study groups of men with prostate cancer who received one of four treatments: intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), low dose rate brachytherapy (LDR), post-prostatectomy IMRT (PPRT), or radical prostatectomy (RP).
Using questionnaires, the researchers assessed the men’s symptoms at baseline and after treatment.
One group of 3,515 men completed the American Urological Association Symptom Score, designed to evaluate urinary symptoms. Over 14,500 surveys were completed. Lower scores on this tool indicate better urinary function. This group was followed for a median of 28 months.
For patients who received IMRT, follow-up scores were slightly lower than baseline. PPRT patients had similar results. LDR patients tended to see an initial score increase when compared to IMRT patients, but fell back to comparable levels after 34 months. Men who underwent RP had lower scores at baseline and after treatment.
The Sexual Health Inventory for Men (SHIM) questionnaire was used to evaluate sexual symptoms in a group of 857 men who completed more than 2,600 surveys. Higher SHIM scores are associated with better sexual function. The median follow-up time was 18 months.
The scores of men who were treated with LDR and PPRT were not much different from those treated with IMRT. However, men who had had RP had the largest score decreases between baseline and follow-up.
These results could help clinicians counsel patients with prostate cancer, the authors noted. In this way, patients could have a better idea of what to expect in terms of urinary and sexual symptoms.
American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
Johnson, M.E., et al.
“A Comparison of Urinary and Sexual Function Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) Among Treatment Modalities for Prostate Cancer (PCa)”
(Abstract presented at ASTRO’s 56th Annual Meeting. September 16, 2014. Presentation #180)
Fox Chase Cancer Center
“Fox Chase Study Helps Identify When and How Much Various Prostate Cancer Treatments will Impact Urinary and Sexual Functioning”
(News release. September 16, 2014)
- See more at: http://www.issm.info/news/sex-health-headlines/prostate-cancer-treatments-and-urinary-sexual-functioning#sthash.Tym9DcEt.dpuf
Doctor my aunt is suffer from last 4 days I don't know which disease it is but it's look like a tumor which is at chest below to left Brest it look yellowish ready hard muscle or like tumor. At earlier their is no pain but still it become very painful by this time entire Brest is paining now .she is using castor oil but isn't giving good result .Please help n suggest us.
For neurofibroma or cysts TO whom (which type Doctor) do I consult? I have that since 14 years one in My hand another one on waist. Is there any chance of cancer from that? If yes please analysis. Thanks.
Usg thyroid impression: 1. Bilateral heterogeneous sols, of concerning for suspicious nature.(suggested fnac) 2. Prominent lymph nodes bilaterally. Please help.
I am 66 years old. I am a cancer survivor of adenocarcinoma. I have undergone surgery, radiation and chemo. It has passed three years now that I have undergone the ailment. Now I feel well and I gained weight also upto 8 kilos. I am getting periodical checkups and so far so good it is OK now. I fear some times about recurrence of the decease. I am maintaining well on diet and other activities. What are the chances of recurrence?
My wife had some pain in left breast till some 8 months ago. Now there is no pain. No lump as well. Is it normal?
My farther suffered with multiple myeloma doctors said to me check you also. Is there any chance to son get this Cancer.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.