Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilangana Devi
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nilangana DeviYour feedback matters!
I got cataract surgery 1 month ago but unable to see objects which are nearby me after using the spectacle what should I do for a clear vision.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello. My name is nikhil. I am 16 years old. And my problem is I use to have big and attractive eyes. But now they are becoming small. And they are going inside. Please tell me some solution.
Eye exercises make your eye muscles more flexible, and bring energy and blood flow to the eyes to maintain optimal vision. Regular eye exercises combat eye strain and also improve focus as well as concentration.
•Hold a pencil at an arm’s length and focus on it. Slowly bring it closer to your nose and then move it farther from your vision until you can no longer keep it in focus. Repeat about 10 times a day.
•Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for a few seconds, and then roll them counter-clockwise for a few seconds. Repeat four or five times, blinking your eyes in between each set.
•Try eyelid fluttering by blinking your eyes 20 to 30 times rapidly and repeatedly, without squeezing your eyes shut. Finally, close your eyes and let them rest. You can also try palming, which is described below. Do this twice daily.
•Concentrate your vision on a distant object for a while. The best way to do this without straining your eyes is to look at the moon and focus on it for three to five minutes daily.
Perform one or more of these eye exercises on a regular basis, at least for a few months, to get encouraging results.