Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. NikhithaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I. Got. Diabetes from past 6 years taken some medicine but if I stop medicine it again arises it will be. In control only when. Medicine is taken is. There any permanent remedy for it kindly. Suggest.
As, I am having a sitting job for 13hrs in airport am not gaining weight but my stomach is getting larger and larger day by day. As I had a good figure before I joined gym but which is of no use and my stomach is not getting in a inches, plzzz help me out with an remedy.
I have a problem with my facial hair. It grows too fast. I have not even shaved once. What should I do? Help me.
My hairs are getting crack and rough thick. Plse hlp me how to stop this nd make my hair silky. I will use dove, head nd should shampoo daily.
Hi My 3 mnths old son has got his 2nd dose of painless Dpt hib (5 in 1). But he is feeling very restless;cries alot n hvng fever also Please advice what to do ?
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is more prevalent among women (in the age group between 25 - 60 years) than men. The condition often results in muscular and joint pain along with extreme tiredness. Further, there may be severe headaches, body stiffness, insomnia or sleeping disorders, high sensitivity to extreme temperatures, abdominal pain, Irritable bowel syndrome and also Fibro Fog ( a condition triggered by Fibromyalgia, whereby an individual is unable to concentrate on anything). In some, the condition can trigger severe anxiety, stress, and depression.
While discussing Fibromyalgia, it is important to mention about the Tender Points or Trigger Points. These are delicate points and areas located throughout the body where even a gentle tap or pressure is enough to cause pain. Some of these trigger points in Fibromyalgia include:
- upper chest.
- back of the head.
- top of shoulders.
- outer elbows.
Some of the common factors that play a significant role in triggering Fibromyalgia are
- Stress and Trauma: Fibromyalgia may be an outcome of extreme physical, mental and emotional turmoil (which often creates a hormonal imbalance) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Fibromyalgia may be linked to genetics and hereditary. People with a family history of Fibromyalgia are more susceptible to the painful condition.
- In some individuals, an autoimmune disorder such as Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be a contributing factor resulting in Fibromyalgia.
Acupressure to treat Fibromyalgia
People often opt for Alternative Therapy to treat Fibromyalgia. Individuals with Fibromyalgia benefit immensely from Acupressure. Acupressure is a popular alternative therapy that finds its origin in China. It channelizes upon the use of pressure at certain points in the body to ease the pain. Some of the acupressure points that are often used to relieve the pain, especially related to the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, in Fibromyalgia include:
- Stomach 36 (ST 36): ST 36 holds great significance in providing a soothing and calming effect in people with extreme stress and anxiety (one of the critical symptoms associated with Fibromyalgia). ST 36 is located in the depression of the tibia (lateral side), at a distance of about four fingers downwards from the patella or the knee. Gently and slowly massaging the point for 3-4 minutes is said to provide great relief.
- Ren 17: Another acupressure point that goes a long way to lower the anxiety and physical stress is Ren 17 or the chest center. This acupressure point is the middle of the chest (anterior midline), at the fourth intercostal space from the second rib downwards.
- Ear Shen Men: The Ear Shen Men is an important acupressure point in the triangular fossa, at the upper region of the ear. People with physical and emotional stress benefit from this acupressure point.
- Pericardium 6: The Pericardium 6 is in the mid arm region (lower and inner part of the arm) between the two tendons at a distance of four fingers from the wrist crease. In addition to a great soothing effect, Pericardium 6 is beneficial for people with nausea.
- Yintang: Nothing works more like the Yintang to relieve stress and anxiety. The acupressure point in between the eyes at the eyebrow level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Normally how many days a period can delay due to un protected sex. If so then what to do. The home pregnancy test also came negative. Please help
I'm 20 year old and on my face lot's of dark spots, I tried lot to remove but not possible please suggest me.
I have oily acne prone skin. and blackheads on nose and white heads. Pimples with pus also. Giv solution.
I am seeking the help for my wife. She is 27 years old and 157 cm height. She is now facing the symptoms of ulcer (previously onwards it is there). The concern is she is less weight (approx 48 kg). How can she achieve a weight of above 50 kg? If you can suggest, it will be a great help for me to sort it out.
I am 42 male I had a single vessel disease and angiloplasty was done, I have quit smoking, I never had bp, sugar, cholestrol so what diet can I have.
A dermatologist is a medical professional who is trained to treat disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails and genital diseases. Reddened skin, irritation, abnormal patches, blemishes on the skin etc. are the conditions affecting most people at some point of their lives. Hair loss, irritation on the scalp, dandruff, brittle nails are common as well and it is important to see a dermatologist if such conditions persist to prevent any major issue and for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some very common reasons that drive people to visit their dermatologist.
1. Acne - Acne is the most common skin woe among teenagers and it affects adults as well. Although people tend to self- medicate or use home remedies for treating acne, it is important to recognize its cause. If acne is one's constant reason of embarrassment, it's time to see a professional and get some customized medication.
2. Sun spots or mole - Overexposure to the sun can cause varied skin conditions among which sunspots and sunburns are most commonly seen. If the exposed area develops irritation and red patches, one should seek professional help. An early examination can detect adverse issues like skin cancer, Moles are also very common, some people have moles since birth, and some develop new ones later in life. It is a cause of concern if the mole changes size, color or if it bleeds scabs or pains.
3. Eczema - Eczema is a broad term used to describe certain chronic conditions of the skin. Eczema causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry and swollen. It leads to great discomfort and distress often ruining one's sleep and mental peace. Atopic Dermatitis is a most common form of Eczema usually seen in children. Proper treatment can cause it to subside. If you observe any symptoms of eczema, a visit to the dermatologist is a must.
4. Patches of skin lighter or darker than the normal skin tone - Often some areas of the skin change color and they are not always the result of sun exposure because sometimes the skin can also become lighter. These may be symptoms serious diseases like leprosy or even cutaneous lymphoma, a kind of cancer or a disorder in the connective tissue. A thorough examination will reveal its cause and treatment can be opted for, which will require a visit to a dermatologist.
5. Hair loss - Hair loss may be due to various reasons and a dermatologist is best to treat it.
6. Psoriasis - It is an autoimmune skin disease which causes red scaly rashes on the body. It is important to diagnose and treat it effectively and one should visit a dermatologist for the same.
7. Nail problems - Apart from fungal infection, there are many other conditions which affect nails and the only dermatologist can identify it. So if you have any issues related to nail, consult a dermatologist.
8. Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unprotected sexual intercourse can predispose one to many sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV, for example, genital herpes, molluscum, genital warts etc and a dermatologist is well trained for diagnosis and treatment of the same.