Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil ChowdaryYour feedback matters!
I have eye sight of 7 and I am getting stressed for watching computer for less than an hour I am getting small pain in the eye.
Sir /madam ,as am 21 years old ,i have been stopped watching tv because I can not see it properly ,say me any good treatment that my eyes can properly see like which I was before. Or say any medicine or ointments of eyes etc .plz say me.
My father is suffering from glaucoma. He daily use eye drop for his treatment. I als check my eyes and doctor says pressure is ok. Am I at risk.
Are there treatments for my red eye condition? When should the treatment start and how long will it last? What are the benefits of this treatment and how successful is it?
I have black shadow below my eye. I have use various types of cream, it still remin. What should I do?
I was suffering from conjunctivitis from 4th of November till 25th of November now eyes look normal but my vision is not at all clear I am not able to read from one eye and can't see properly which drops should I can use now to clear my vision. I was using pyrimon, genticyn, vigamox, and ciplox.
I am Tausif Ahmed. I am 17 years old. I am suffering from a eye problem. The problem is eye floaters. I have too much floaters. So how can I reduce eye floaters. please Suggest me.
I am 20 year old boy who have a myopia for almost a year now. Whats the best thing I can do to improve my eye?
I am facing a little problem I have red eyes for two days. I used ciplox twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
My red eyes now is right. My red eyes now is right My red eyes now is My red eyes now is right. My red eyes now is right My red eyes now is right My red eyes now is right. Fine sirr. Dnt mind.
I have some problem while study my head is paning n words are not seeing clearly so how to cur it plzz tell me?
Yaa hii I want to know it sir/mam when I do more work my eyes are paining so much and get get out some water in my eyes can you please help me for this sir / mam.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.