Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil ChowdaryYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old and continuously there is a pain in my back for last 3 days and have pain in eyes also. Please help.
My eye problem. When I sit on computer table to view on screen then I feel very tribal and. After 3 or 4 our I can't see unread. So how can I do noe.
Sir I have myopia of -2 in right eye & -0.75 in left eye. Sir, please suggest me how can I improve my vision.
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.
My elder brother's is suffering frm barin hamarage. Dct said to take out of assam n see a goof dctr. So cn any one suggest me best doctor for it in india. With doctor name and where can I visit him. Its urgelyt. please hlp.
Recently there is a problem in my eye at times I could not see some colours. Is there chance of colour blindness?
Hello sir, I contiguously suffer from headache and near eye sight. My doctor consulted me to eat Migrabeta plus. What should i do?
I am suffering frm swollen eyes problem pls suggest a remedies to prevent it further or to suppress it right away.
I am not feeling well. Eyes are becoming reddish in colour. As I feel body temperature. Not in normal i am unable to breath easily because of cough an cold.
I have problem of eyes being red due to excessive use of devices which I cannot quit. What should I do?
Planning for a cataract surgery in the family. Here are the must know and eye opening facts.
Common public is often sensitized by marketing executives to go for expensive lenses in hospitals without thinking whether patients actually needs them or not as the lens mrp is 2 to 10 times the actual cost price or patient is implanted a extremely low cost lens usually in name of free surgery in charitable hospital.
Lens is major factor which determines the cost and quality of cataract surgery and its price varies from Rs. 500 to Rs. 50000.
Another important factor is the expertise and experience of surgeon which is a major determinant of surgical outcome.
Charitable surgery by charitable hospital exists only where external implants are put in patients like eye, orthopedics etc and not in neurosurgery, ent, general surgery, plastic surgery where mostly removal of the diseased part is done or modification of the surgical site is done. Charitable surgery by eye hospital is supported by vision 2020 of who.
The chances of eye infection increases if your surgery is listed lower down as compared to the first surgery on that day.
Patients are advised to have their surgery listed as first or second case. With improving standards of ot and sterilization of instruments, the infection rates have decreased drastically but why take a chance.
Once there is an eye infection following cataract surgery, there is little hope of return of vision.
Patient is advised to choose his doctor and institution or hospital where he is getting the surgery done based on its doctor's past reputation and the reputation of institution and should not get lured by free surgery camps and unless he can't afford to pay, since infection following cataract surgery needs at least 48 hours to manifest and its risk is extremely high in eye camps despite taking various measures due to unavoidable circumstances. Its your eyes after all!
Now patient should be aware of various types of iol (intraocular lenses) and its benefit over other lenses.
Cataract is also called'motiyabin" in hindi. Phacoemusification also called phaco is the most common procedure done for its removal.
Here is a complete summary of type of lens implanted in cataract surgery and it's pros and cons.
Monofocal lens- here you will need glasses to look at the near objects after cataract surgery.
Accommodating monofocal lenses (crysta lens)-a newer option, accommodating monofocal lenses, can shift from near to far vision in response to movements of the ciliary muscles in your eye, similar to the natural lens in a younger eye. These lenses offer excellent distance and middle vision, but they aren't as reliable for near vision. Eye exercises can help you get used to them, but about half of people who receive them still end up needing reading glasses.
Toric lenses-these specialized monofocal lenses are designed for people with astigmatism. Toric lenses offer focused vision at a single distance and correct your astigmatism, so you might not need distance glasses after surgery.
Multifocal lenses-like the bifocal or progressive lenses used in glasses, multifocal lenses have different areas designed for distance, intermediate, and near vision. The brain and eye figure out which part of the lens to use. The main drawback of multifocal lenses is they can distort bright light, creating more glare and halos at night.
Aspheric lens-designed to improve contrast sensitivity and visual clarity under certain circumstances.
Monovision-this implant technique uses a monofocal lens with a different power in each eye so that you don’t have to use glasses for most of your daily activities. Your dominant eye is generally set for distance, and the other eye is set for near. Many people successfully use monovision with contact lenses. Successful monovision requires cataract surgery to each eye.
One should remember that all that glitter is not gold in this commercialized world
Doctor has done 10000 phaco surgery and 50000 eye surgeries since 1986 and has pioneered phaco surgery in 1995 in bihar and jharkhand and was second person to do this surgery in whole of east india.
Consult online/book physical appointment/take a second opinion or get contact details on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh. Stay anywhere in india, get honest and unbiased advice from us.
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh, Patna
Email- drarjun53@gmail. Com