Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nazia AfroseYour feedback matters!
I have an eye irritation I tried many eye drops but I'am not able to recover from it. Tell me any solutions.
My son is 15 years old. He is suffering from lymphangioma by birth. Initially it was concentrated at upper lip. Cured by surgery. Now it has spread at right eye and there is bleeding at occ. Ational times with some swelling. Is there available an effective treatment for this disease in ayurveda or any other treatment
I use my movie and computer too often and now I feel like my eyes hurt and I feel blur sometimes if I bring my phone little bit closer to my eyes as they hurt me I was having this problem before as I am home at most of the time so I spend most if the time with move or computer.
I have a pain in my eyes and tears too, sometimes I have pain in one side head n feel so weakness, and also pain in left side of my heart in once something 6 days ago. That time I'm so afraid something from 2 months ago I hv pain in my legs like joint pain and yellowness of my urine.
Whenever I use my smartphone late at night next day I use to heavy pain on my right eye, it feels like that something fire is burning behind the eye and it continues to pain for 3 days and gradually my eye use to get small in size. I use to feel problem with sound and light, what is the reason behind this? Is it migraine?
Sir mujhe eyes ke upper wale jaha eye bro hai waha sojan rahne lag gayi or mujhe pairo ke taluo me bhi pshina aata hai please tell me suggestion.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.