Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen Kumar. TYour feedback matters!
We all think brushing is the best favour we could do to our teeth and mouth, right? No! Incorrectly done, brushing can do more damage than good. It is always advisable to check with your dentist if you are brushing the right way. In fact, a lot of periodontal diseases and issues like abrasion are due to improper brushing techniques.
Let us look at some common issues related to brushing both good and bad.
- Tooth brush: Pick the right one. Firstly, the length, you should be able to reach all parts of the mouth, especially the last tooth, without having to open the mouth wide. Softer bristles are always preferred.
- Duration: If you brush 2 to 3 times daily, each brushing should not last more than 2 minutes. Divide the mouth into 4 quadrants upper right and left, lower right and left – and spend 30 seconds on each quadrant. Longer hours of brushing can lead to wearing of the enamel.
- Technique: A forceful front-and-back motion can cause a V-shaped notch at the gum line, leading to a condition called abrasion. The ideal way to brush is to begin at the gumline and go about in circular motions. Ensure all surfaces, outer and inner, of all teeth are covered.
- Force of brushing: The idea of brushing is to remove the soft deposits of plaque, which comes off very easily with brushing. Do not exert a lot of pressure in an attempt to remove plaque. The hardened tartar or stain can anyways not be removed with brushing and will need to be removed by the dentist.
- Habit: Most of us are habituated to begin at the same place and go about the same routine to finish brushing. Dentists advise that it is good to begin at different places each time. As you near the end of your brushing time, you are usually tired and just want to get done with it. Changing the start and end points gives all the teeth a fair chance of getting cleaned.
- Storing: Do not store your toothbrush in the toilet area and with a whole lot of brushes. Both contain enough bacteria, and your brush can do without it.
- Timing: If you have had acidic food, wait for about half an hour before you brush. The acidic environment softens the tooth and brushing it immediately can lead to easier wearing of the enamel.
- Changing brush: Any time the bristles lose their flexibility, it is time to change, usually about 3 months.
Never thought there are so many things to do and avoid with brushing? You are not alone, hopefully you can plan your brushing better the next time onwards. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
I am having swelling in the teeth and when I bite it is paining sevear after taking antibiotic also it is still as it is what to do.
My x-ray of one front tooth indicates bone loss of the root and infection around it. This tooth was damaged when I was a kid (45 yrs back). I am told that the only way is to do an implant. Is it so?
Hi Please confirm whether foul smell comes from mouth after bleaching/polishing of tenths? few people complaining of the same.
I am struggling to mouth smell from last four months. I do not have any cavities and I have clean teeth. So please suggests me to cure my problem.
My Uncle is having Radiotherapy (previously have chemotherapy) of mouth, instead giving relief it is cause him more pain and abundance of mouth sores too. These MOUTH SORES are a real big problem, what should we do.?
My upper and lower front teeth overlap excessively. Space available for upper and lower teeth is not sufficient. What does it mean? And how to fix it.
I have rct done and implant placed in lower right posterior 7. As there is less space for crown the dentist cut some part of gums and place implant. I have very much pain after 2 days. Of treatment. Please suggest? will pain subsidies? after how many days?
I am 19 years old I am suffering from tmj problem. I cant open mouth. I have facial pain. I have headache. I cant chewing food. Bcoz I feel pain. Dentists said me for hot and cold pack on tmj but no improve in conditions please tell me a right solution.
I have a mouth ulcer. Please advice me what I have to do to overcome this problem. I am facing this problem since last 10 days.
To look good is one of the best ways to help yourself feel good. With the help of the latest technology, we now have cosmetic solutions to our appearance related problems and these are available at numerous salon or in jars that can sit on our nightstand, ready for regular use. Yet, there are more long-term solutions with greater efficacy that one can get from a cosmetic surgeon. Facial implants are one such solution which can help us in many ways.
Here are the various benefits of facial implants.
- Augmentation: One of the main benefits of getting facial implants is that these will help in significantly augmenting your facial features, especially your cheeks. If you have a weak chin which seems slightly receding or too chubby cheeks, then this is a good cosmetic option which can help in giving better shape so that the features are well augmented with better definition and fullness. This will render a fine balance to your overall appearance and make your face that much more attractive as well.
- Reconstruction: Sometimes, we lose the shape and definition of our features to age and weight as well as other factors like a stressful lifestyle where eating and sleeping patterns are less than ideal. In such a scenario, we can reconstruct the facial features, restoring the contours and bringing back the original proportions of the face. This will make the features look like they really fit in with your face which gives a good appearance in the long run.
- Rejuvenate: These implants can also help in rejuvenating and adding a more fresh feel to your overall appearance. With the help of these implants, you can actually bring back the distinction between areas like the jaw and the chin, as well as the cheeks so that your face looks more well proportioned, well defined, and even younger.
- Correct deficiencies: If you have any facial deficiencies in terms of the contours as well as the definition of your features and the blend of the same, then you can turn to facial implants. These implants will help in better contouring in a way that will fix these imperfections in your jaw, chin and cheeks. This will give you a more polished look.
- Facial symmetry: One of the best benefits of facial implants is the fact that it renders greater symmetry to your face. After this procedure, your face will actually have features set in a proportionate line which creates a pleasing and perfect look. If you feel you cheeks are too large or your chin and jaw are literally merging in with each other, then a facial implant will help in bringing in greater symmetry for your face. These procedures are also quite quick to perform. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.