Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naveen
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. NaveenYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam, There is one small chicken bone sticked in my right upper side of tonsil. And I had done my neck X-Ray and CT SCAN of neck but doctor had said to me that there is no chicken bone, but I can touch that bone from my tongue. And my neck is paining too much from 3 months. Sir what should I do now. Please give me solution.
Hi Since yesterday evening I felt throat issue now this morning I felt body pain even though currently I don't have fever but it seems that it will come in a hour already my son had fever since 3 days please suggest.
Hi, my sister is aged 34 and she has been facing pain in her throat when she breathes. Though it is not continuous but I just want to knw what could be a reason. She do not have any historic problem anytime.
Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) is a device surgically implanted to help people suffering from a loss of hearing. Most conventional hearing aids transmit sound through air conduction. The BAHA device is suitable for conductive or mild-moderate mixed hearing loss.
Problems with hearing in the middle or outer ears can be helped with the BAHA device. The sound waves received by the BAHA device bypass the middle ear and get delivered straight to the functioning cochlea in both ears.
A BAHA device comprises of two parts:
- The processor
- A fixture which is surgically implanted behind the ear in the bone.
The implant is embedded in the bone. The processor, which remains outside, is attached to the implant. There is a microphone on the processor that picks up sounds. The sounds are passed on to the implant. The implant vibrates which triggers the Cochlear. You can consider wearing a BAHA implant if other conventional hearing aids do not work for you. BAHA implants are also given to people with collapsed or irritated ear canals.
A complex, small electronic device that helps hearing in people with severe hearing loss or deafness is used in the Cochlear Implant Surgery. The cochlear implant comprises of an external piece behind the ear and another piece that is surgically implanted under the skin. A cochlear implant comprises of four parts:
- A microphone which picks up sounds from the surroundings
- A speech processor which chooses and arranges the sounds the microphone picks up
- A receiver/stimulator and transmitter that picks up signals from the speech processor and changes them into electric impulses
- An electrode ray, a bunch of electrodes, receives impulses the stimulator sends and transmits them to different areas of the auditory nerves.
The implant does not cure deafness; it only gives you a useful portrayal of sounds in the environment and considerable aid in understanding speech.
The surgery is done in the following way:
- The area around the site of the implant is shaved or cleaned
- The patient's vital signs are monitored through cables, patches and monitors attached to him or her
- General anaesthesia is administered through IV or through a face mask
- After the device is implanted, the patient is taken to the recovery room for the anaesthesia effect to lessen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Sir, I am just 21 years old and sometimes I feel dizziness as well as a pounding heart beat. I have done many tests including 2 ECG. .But all reports are normal. .doctors said to me that there is nothing wrong with my heart. .Now what I should do? Please advice me..
I am having blocked nose, head ache at part above eyebrows. And also coughing and sneezing since past 2 days. What should be done?
I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I was asked to take thyrox100 mg by my doctor. After 2 months suddenly one I started vomiting a lot and then I was admitted to a nearby hospital and there a doctor said that I am not having thyroidism. Then I started feeling certain symptoms like dizziness while sleeping, heavy head, weakness in legs ,weight loss, a mark on my stomach which neither ached nor gave a burning sensation, I also feel burning sensation on the back of my neck. Can you explain what are these related to? I am a 47 years old lady and my occupation is teaching, and by birth I am allergic to dust.
Why is my mother's nose bleeding suddenly? blood starts to nose why? Is it for summer? Or other reasons?
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection (learn more About Acute Respiratory Infections). It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes (know about the impacts of smoking on your organs) and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.