Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naval Chandra
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naval ChandraYour feedback matters!
Amenorrhea is a common menstrual disorder and this term is used to denote the following situations.
- No onset of menstruation by the age of 16.
- Very scanty flow once onset has happened
- This is known as primary amenorrhea and is usually due to underdevelop female reproductive organs.
- No menstruation for up to 3 months in normally menstruating females, who is not otherwise pregnant or breastfeeding
- In elderly women (prior tomenopause), lack of menstruation for up to 6 months
Any of these conditions should immediately raise suspicion and be investigated. Some of the common causes of this secondary amenorrhea include hormonal disturbances, stress, underlying disorders of the uterine organs, eating disorders like bulimia, and prolonged use of oral contraception.
Homeopathy believes that lack of menstruation is a symptom with deeper medical imbalances within the woman’s body. Some of the common remedies used aim to restore this balance.
- Graphites: In addition to the lack of menses, the woman would be constipated and examination would show hardened ovaries. It is more commonly used in the elderly women.
- Pulsatilla: Similar to Graphites, but this is used more in the younger age groups. Even if there is flow, it would be very scanty, irregular, and clotted. There could also be bouts of a headache, abdominal emptiness, complete lack of thirst, weepiness, and highly irritable.
- Cimicifuga: this is useful when the woman also is nervous and has rheumatism or arthritis-like symptoms.
- Natrum mur: These women would have no menses or very scanty flow. In addition, splitting headaches, morning weakness, patchy tongue, extreme weakness, abdominal heaviness, depression, and extreme pessimism are some associated symptoms.
- Kali carb: These women would have a complete absence or very little flow where the blood would be pale and very light. The woman would also be anaemic with water retention, excessive perspiration, puffy eyes, anxiety and nervousness. The cold weather worsens the condition, which is worsened during warm weather.
- Ferrum metallicum: in addition to amenorrhea, when the woman also has a sickly appearance with palpitations, paleness, flushed appearance, and ankle puffiness, this is used. This is useful for initiating the onset of menses.
- Sepia: This is usually used when there the menses do not resume after pregnancy. Excessive use of birth control could also lead to this condition. In some women, the flow could be very scanty and pale in color.
Emotional symptoms include indifference, indifference, and lack of sympathy, physical exhaustion, and muscular weakness. Cool compresses and physical exercise help in relieving the symptoms. Sepia is very useful in these women. While these are commonly used, it is always advisable to check with a doctor before taking any. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!