Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NarmadaYour feedback matters!
Influenza or flu is a contagious respiratory infection that affects the lungs, throat, nose and occasionally, the ears. It usually does not require treatment but Paracetamol can provide relief from most of the symptoms. Rarely, influenza can lead to severe complications like pneumonia, sinus problems and asthma. Annual vaccinations can prevent these complications even if you do get a mild flu.
The influenza virus is air borne and can be spread through coughing, sneezing, skin to skin contact, or indirect contact like touching a contaminated object. Type A, Type B and Type C influenza viruses affect the respiratory organs.
People with weak immune systems are infected more easily than others- children under the age of 4, people above the age of 60 pregnant women, obese people and those who are suffering from kidney disorders and diabetes are at greater risk of infection. Air pollution also aggravates the problem.
There is also little chance that your body has the necessary antibodies to fight the virus if you have been infected before. This is because the influenza virus modifies constantly and new strains of the virus appear rapidly. So, the antibodies that work against one particular variant do not work effectively against the others. This is why vaccination is also not a foolproof preventive technique against this disease.
The symptoms of influenza begin to show within a few days after infection. In a few cases, the infection may be asymptomatic. When they do show, the symptoms are very common- high fever, shivering, a blocked and runny nose, frequent coughing and sneezing and chest congestion are the predominant signs. In the later stages, there are headaches, body aches, general fatigue, reddened and watering eyes, throat pains and difficulty in speaking.
In the cases where the patient is a child, there are a few other symptoms like digestive and gastrointestinal disorders such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. The last two are especially common in children who have been infected by influenza virus Type B.
Aged people often have low resistance to the virus. This is why the flu quickly escalates and the complications like primary viral pneumonia or secondary bacterial pneumonia. In such cases, there are sever symptoms like breathing problems, the presence of blood in the sputum, red and itchy skin and petechial rashes (caused by minor punctures in the capillary blood vessels). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What is betel nut?
- Betel nut is the seed of a type of palm tree.
- It has a long history of being the being chewed for its mood-enhancing effects in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
- Modern research shows many health risks associated with its use, including oral cancer, an incurable jaw disorder, and reproductive issues.
A deep red or purple smile is a common sight in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
But what’s behind it?This red residue is the telltale sign of the betel nut, which is chewed by millions of people across the globe. In its most basic form, betel nut is a seed of the Areca catechu, a type of palm tree. It’s commonly chewed after being ground up or sliced and wrapped in leaves of the Piper betel vine that have been coated with lime. This is known as a betel quid. Tobacco or flavorful spices may also be added.
History of a habit
Betel nut has a long history in South and Southeast Asia and the Pacific Basin. In Guam and other Pacific islands, its use can be traced back as far as 2,000 years. A habit passed down through generations, chewing betel nut is a time-honored custom for 10–20 percent of the world’s population. Today, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that around 600 million people use some form of betel nut. It is one of the most popular psychoactive substances in the world, in fourth place after nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine. But while betel nut is an important cultural and social tradition in many countries, growing evidence points to serious health effects from regular use.
Oral cancer and other dangers
A study reports that betel nut users are at a higher risk for oral submucous fibrosis. This incurable condition can cause stiffness in the mouth and eventually the loss of jaw movement. Regular chewing of betel nut can also cause gum irritation and tooth decay. Teeth may become permanently stained deep red or even black.Betel nut may interact with other drugs or herbal supplements. It could cause toxic reactions in the body or reduce the effects of medications.
Medical conditions associated with betel nut use with tobacco:
- oral submucous fibrosis
- oral cancer
- reproductive issues, including low birth weight in newborns
My gf does not get periods on the same date of the month. Everytime it is late gor her. What should I do.
My lmp jan: 27 th, 13 th day scan follicle 18.5X14mm, 14 thh day HCG injected, 16th day of scan one follicle ruptured other 2 are RO14X11mm, LO 17X14mm in ovary. 17th day I cannot able to intercourse. How many days stay in egg? When is most conceivable day of mine?
Hello, I am Dr Shobha Gupta. I am a director at Mothers Life IVF centre and here at Mothers Life IVF centre, we are treating the infertile couples.
So, first of all, we want to tell you, what is infertility?
Of the couple is unable to conceive after one year of unprotected sex and they are unable to conceive and pregnancy is not happening you must go to a specialist and infertility specialist basically an IVF centre, where all the facilities are available.
What are the causes of infertility in females?
It might be a tubal blockage and the tubes are not working and they are blocked, irregular menstrual cycle. Ovulation is not happening at the proper time and the couple is unaware about the fertile period and certain myths are there. In males, the basic problem is in the sperms either the decreased sperm count or the decreased motility is there. Lifestyle plays a vital role in causing infertility these days and stress is the main problem and also the diet and us after seeing lot many cases of PCOS i.e, Polycystic ovarian Syndrome, where the cycles are very irregular and the females are getting obese. There is hirsutism, that is unwanted facial hair and unwanted hair on the body and irregular menstrual cycle and they are not ovulating at the proper time. So these are lifestyle disorders. So you have to manage your weight. You have to improve your lifestyle. You have to manage your stress and then you have to consult an infertility specialist and go to an IVF centre so that all the tests are being done at the single time and where the problem is diagnosed and you are treated properly.
What are the treatment options available?
Suppose, the lady is not ovulating at the proper time so we do certain medications so that you can ovulate and then we do the follicular monitoring and then we tell you the fertile period. If the sperm count is less and the ovulation is not proper, then we can give you certain injections so that the egg ruptures and we can do IUI i.e, Intra Uterine Insemination . The Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is second option if the tubes are blocked and if the infertility is more than 3 to 4 years of duration. You can go to an infertility centre like an IVF centre we can do an IVF i.e, In vitro Fertilization, where we extract your eggs, match with your husband’s sperm and create an embryo and transfer in the uterus of the patient and they can conceive.
These days the success rate of IVF is very good and especially at our centre, it is brilliant because we treat you. Basically, we modify your lifestyle also we modify your stress level and then we treat you and the success rate is very good. In cases of male infertility, the Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is a very good technique to be opted for. In this, we inject the sperm directly and then we create embryos into the wife’s womb and they conceive very easily. So Intra- cytoplasmic sperm injection is the basic technique which should be used in like olygospermia where the counts are decreased and motility is decreased.
So, I am also available at Lybrate . If you want more information and any help our center is having all the facilities available.
You can consult me at lybrate , you can take appointment. You can consult me online; you can give a phone call.
All the best and stay healthy.
My periods were already late. In that case after how many days of unprotected sex should I check pregnancy test.
My wife's libido is very low since couple of months because of mental stress, is there any tablet that she can have which can make her feel like having sex. Pl advice.
Hi. Maim before 12 years 3rd sizzering pr hm ne family planning b krwa diya tha recanolization k liye hsg test b karwaya hsg report pr sorry kh diya doctor ne .Age 36 running kia ivf is month karwasakti hu husband ko daibeties h 3 years se advoic me plz.
Take 50-70 ml of warm oil, and rub it all over your head and body. Gently massaging the scalp with oil can relieve your stress, as well as help prevent headaches, slow balding, graying of your hair and it will help induce sound sleep. Oil massage improves circulation, calms the mind, and reduces excess vata. The skin of the entire body becomes soft, smooth, and brightened.
Best Oils by Body Type
For Ayurvedic oil massage, use one of the following oils, according to your constitutional type:
- Vata = Any oil with base of sesame oil (Teel oil)
- Pitta = Any oil with Aroma like Chandanadi oil
- Kapha = Nimb oil, mustard oil
This is the first time I am experiencing the change. I am trying to have a baby. I am staying with my husband since 4 months (he works out of india).in this 4 months; 2 months I had regular periods. Then the 3rd month there was no periods as well as no positive pregnancy, late after 28 days I got my periods. This month once again my periods are 10 days late. I had a pregnancy test on the 7th day and it was negative. I so want to be pregnant please help me. I am not staying in india fr now and I am not financially so good to take up the tests in this country as they r too costly. Please help. My bisa end my next month. What shall I do.(i always had regular tym to tym periods)
Dear Doctor, We have done unprotected sex yesterday, i. E. 2nd october evening for pregnancy. My wife (she is 33) period date in every month 7-10. So there have any chances for pregnancy? Please suggest us what time is the best for sex for pregnancy?
Something white white like ovum is releasing from my vagina. Continuously from 3 days. What should I do ?
Sir am 24 years old, married women. Yesterday during sexual intercourse with my husband, I got pain in my vagina and suddenly blood came from vagina. From that time till now am getting abdominal pain and lightly bleeding, why it happen like this am scared abt this, can you suggest any medication, sir or madam please ans for my question? i am ful scared about this please
Dear Sir, Mam, Yesterday doctor collected my wife's egg from the tubes and on the time of egg collection there is little bleeding. Doctor said its normal. I provided my semen also and doctor says come again after two days and she put these combination in the tubes for final IVF process. Its harmful or not because my wife feeling pain in that area.
Wife is 23rd week pregnant but her hemoglobin level is getting down to 9.6 from 13.5 in 1st month .Is this common and what initiative we should take to cure this problem.
1. Diabetes:- bitter gourd has multiple health #benefits. It is mostly consumed for triggering the blood sugar level. Diabetes is a common ailment that affects many people today. Regular intake of bitter gourd juice helps prevent the rise of blood #sugar levels. It also helps cure insulin resistance without taking any external medication.
2. Antioxidant: - karela juice is an excellent natural antioxidant. An antioxidant is essential for removing toxins from the body. At the same time, it helps to rejuvenate the body cells and prevents free radicals. The juice of #karela is the finest tonic for those who are addicted to smoking. Taking karela juice helps to cleanse the nicotine layer from the system.
3. Asthma:- asthma patients can highly benefit by having karela juice. It helps cure a chronic cough and breathing problems by removing the sputum that accumulates in the lungs and the respiratory tract.
4. Skin:- karela juice is excellent for the skin. It helps to remove the fine lines from the upper surface of the skin. Having this juice will also prevent premature ageing. It helps cure and purify blood from within the system.
5. Digestion:- karela juice enhances digestion. It increases the production of enzymes that aid the digestion process.
6. Weight loss:- bitter gourd is excellent for weight loss. Karela benefits to weight loss are attributed to its high fibre and low carbohydrates and calories content. It makes an ideal diet for those who are on a weight loss program.
STDs or diseases that spread due to the exchange of bodily fluids and most of them are treatable in nature, but one should get them treated as soon as poosible and should not ignore them as them can turn fatal as well. And, yes STDs can also spread without having sex. Some of the most common way of getting STDs without penetrative intercourse is mentioned below.
The most common way of contracting Sexually transmitted disease without sexual intercourse is:
1. Pucker up: Kissing can also cause STDs. Infections can be transmitted through the saliva if you swap your spit. Diseases like Mononucleosis and STD’s like herpes can be transmitted through kissing. This can cause cold sores and infections in the mouth.
2. Oral sex: If a person has an STD, he or she can easily transmit the disease to their partner by having oral sex. During oral sex, fluids from the genitals can flow to the mouth and vice versa. For example STDs caused by herpes simplex virus 2 can be easily transferred by oral sex. Chlamydia can also be transferred by oral sex. This can cause infections and immense discomfort in your throat. STDs can be prevented by wearing a condom or using a dental dam during oral sex.
3. Contaminated foods: You can also develop STD like Hepatitis A from food which is contaminated. If a person infected with an STD prepares your meal without washing his or her hand after using the restroom, it can easily contaminate your meal thus, transmitting the disease.
4. Touching bases: Skin to skin contact or indirect contact with a person who already has an STD can make you prone to contracting STDs. It can be caused by using an unwashed sex toy with an infected person and also with hand to genital contact.
5. Tanning salons: STDs can be easily spread from person to person by means of a tanning bed. If the surface of the tanning bed is contaminated by someone who has STDs, the risk of developing an STD increases for the next person who ends up using the same bed.
6. Razors and syringes: Sharing a razor or anything which pierces or cuts the skin is an easy and common cause behind contracting an STD. If the razor cuts the skin of an infected person and is contaminated with blood, the next person using that razor can develop STD due to blood contact. The same may be said of a syringe where users share them. Many people, especially drug users shared common syringes which resulted in large scale transmission of HIV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.