Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. NarasimharaoYour feedback matters!
I've done sphincterotomy for fissure in ano last week along have pain in anus and medication needs and rest? Pls suggest.
For the past week and a half I have been having anal issues. Its red on the inside and swollen. Itchy. Bleeds and has white and sometimes clear stuff coming out. So swollen I can not poop. What is this?
I am 26 year old boy. My urine routine test show 2-3 puscell in urine. Is that possible I have mild infection. I have frequent.
Suddenly yesterday night onwards I had the urge of passing Urine often .Any idea as what is te reason?
Sir, I am sick from enlarge prostate gland. I go to toilet again and again near about in a day 8 times. Please advise me.
Is milk and curd. And beetroot good for kidney stone. Please tell me some seasonal fruits so that we can eat for maintenance of our health because I have to sit in completion. Can I have dry fruit please kindly list do not the name what to avoid and what to have as much you can please it will be very helpful to me.
My girl of 3.5 years have stone of 6mm in her gall bladder. She is not facing any problem. What should I do should I wait to get operated or she should get operate immediately. If there is any medicine to cure her stone. Pls advise.
From yesterday for weight loss my friend is drinking more water but after drinking water in 10 minutes he have to go to toilet to urinate.what should i do?
In night my wife have felling of urine that never end, she is continuously going to urine. In day or evening she is fine.
How do the kidneys work?
Illustration of the anatomy of the kidney
- The body takes nutrients from food and converts them to energy. After the body has used all the food components that it needs, waste products are left behind in the bowel and in the blood.
- The kidneys and urinary system help to excrete the waste products and also keep chemicals, such as potassium and sodium, and water in balance. Kidneys filter and remove several toxic materials from the body that are the products of food metabolism. These waste materials can cause several problems to the body if they build up. The kidneys also control the fluid and acid-base balance in the body
- Two kidneys, a pair of purplish-brown organs, are located below the ribs toward the middle of the back. Their function is to
- Remove liquid waste from the blood in the form of urine
- Keep a stable balance of salts and other substances in the blood
- The kidneys remove urea from the blood through tiny filtering units called nephrons. There are about one million nephrons in each kidney, located in the medulla and the cortex. Each nephron consists of a ball formed of small blood capillaries, called a glomerulus, and a small tube called a renal tubule.
- Once the urine is formed, it passes through the nephrons and down the renal tubules of the kidney. Urine collects in the calyces and renal pelvis and moves into the ureter, where it flows down into the bladder.
- In addition to filtering waste from the blood and assisting in the balance of fluids and other substances in the body, the kidneys perform other vital functions. The kidneys:
- Release hormones, such as renin, that help to regulate blood pressure and heart function
- Produce erythropoietin, a hormone that aids formation of red blood cells
- Convert vitamin D into a form that can be used by the body's tissues
- Interact with corticosteroids (produced by the adrenal glands that sit on top of the kidney) that help to regulate kidney function and the body’s inflammatory response system
What is nephrology?
Nephrology is the branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the kidneys, and doctors who specialize in kidney disease are called nephrologists. Other health professionals who treat kidney problems include primary care doctors, pediatricians, transplant specialists, and urologists.
What causes problems with the kidneys?
- Aging. As we age, changes in the structure of the kidneys can cause them to lose some ability to remove wastes from the blood, and the muscles in the ureters, bladder, and urethra tend to lose some of their strength. However, this alone does not cause chronic kidney diseases.
- Illness or injury. Damage to the kidneys caused by illness or an injury can also prevent them from filtering the blood completely or block the passage of urine.
- Toxicity. The kidneys may be damaged by substances, such as certain medications, a buildup of some substances in the body, or toxic substances such as poisons.
About kidney and urogenital diseases
Diseases of the kidney and urinary tract remain a major cause of illness and death in the United States. The National Kidney Foundation states that more than 26 million Americans are affected by kidney and urologic diseases, and millions more are at risk.
What are the symptoms of kidney disease?
The following are the most common symptoms of kidney disease. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently. Symptoms may include:
- Frequent headaches
- Itchiness all over the body
- Blood in the urine
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Puffiness around eyes and/or swelling of hands and feet
- Skin may darken
- Muscle cramps or pain in small of back just below the ribs (not aggravated by movement)
- High blood pressure
The symptoms of a kidney disease may look like other conditions or medical problems. Always consult your health care provider for a diagnosis.