Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Narasimha RaoYour feedback matters!
Nails are an important part of your physiology, although they are mostly used for either utilitarian purposes such as gripping or for beauty purposes such as nail decorations. Nails themselves can go through infections which need not have underlying causes and thus can cause damage to that part of the tissue. One such disorder of the nail is onycholysis.
What is onycholysis?
This is a disorder where the nail on the finger or the toes starts to separate from the skin below. This happens little by little and usually starts at the tip and then progresses backward. The further back it progresses, the more nail tissue it destroys. While the entire nail may not be detached from the nail bed, parts of it may chip off, showing the tissue underneath.
Symptoms of Onycholysis:
- Jagged border between the pink flesh of the nail bed and the yellow edge of the nail
- Detached nails become opaque, yellow or may turn green in color
- Nail may become irregular in shape and size
- Bits and chunks of nails can break off easily
Primary Causes for Onycholysis:
Let's look at some of the primary causes of onycholysis:
- Frequent Trauma - If you have a profession or work at home where you constantly require tapping away, it might cause minute injuries to build up within the nails and the fingers. Tapping on keyboards is one area where you could get repetitive trauma like this.
- Manicure Problems - Many salons may aggressively try to clean the underside of the nails and in the process, slowly dislodge the nail form the nail bed and cause onycholysis. This has known to be the case with many people.
- Water Immersion - If you have work where your nails are immersed in water for long periods of time, this could also affect the development of onycholysis.
- Skin Diseases - Certain skin conditions can also end up giving onycholysis. Psoriasis and contact dermatitis are other conditions that may lead to onycholysis as a consequence.
- Allergy to Nail Glue - Many makeup artists and customers have complained that certain brands of nail glue can also cause allergies resulting in onycholysis.
- Medications - Medications meant for the treatment of other ailments within the body can have the unintended consequences of causing onycholysis.
The underlying problems need to be corrected which may cause onycholysis. Once the underlying problem is corrected, onycholysis usually corrects itself. The nail may take some time to re-grow but will grow back on its own eventually and may take 4 to 6 months to cover the entire affected area again.
Hi im 21 year old female and have been suffering alot in last two months for not having clear menstruation. Every year out of 12months I hardly have periods for 4/5months a year n cause of that im having lots of pimples. I wana have periods regularly. Please help me out.
Why my nose has plenty dark heads and my cheeks have black scar and I am age of 18 years .Please give me a solution for my problem.
Hello Dr. my name asif Sir my face is black. please increasing white colour. please I am wi8 4 you r msge. Pls solve my prblm. Any medicine for prblm solve.
From past one month I am having something which looks like warts and I am pretty sure it is a warts in the opening of the rectum on the body surface. So pls tell me what will be the treatment.
I am 23 years old girl, Looking for some pre bridal tips on what nutrition to take and how to take care of the skin and what treatments to do fo.
I am 30 years old and since one year I have started with hair fall mainly hair breakage. Please suggest.
My name is vedhavathi. I am very irritating for the problem of allergies problem. Which ointment is good to me?
What are all things home remedies for acne? How to prevent acne without antibiotics? How to find out stages of skin diseases?
I have black spots on my face from long tym I need your help how I remove n make glow on my face. Bcz these spots make me feel eberasing in society. Plzzz help.
I'm a student and often I catch cold, and evn after taking medication it doesn't seem to really help. I wanted to know if these is due to allergy or any other reason?
I am 32 years old and I have an itching problem very badlyIt increases when I take shower after shower I am not able to even wear clothes fo 30 35 minutes please advice me what to do I m really in painYhanks.
I have white hair problem since I was 16 year age it's start slowly whitening. Now almost 60% hair are white. Generally dye hair but now fed up want some real household solution. Also from last one year hair on chest, nose, under body etc are slowly getting white. Please help.
Skin covers us from top to toe and has three layers that is Epidermis, Dermis and Hypodermis. Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Many people find their skin losing its radiance at an alarming rate. Unhealthy and dull skin can affect a person's confidence greatly. Do not panick and insomniac over it.
A few healthy habits, if practiced daily, can work wonders and help in restoring the skin pH acidic 5.5 balance and skin radiance. Here are few of them:
- Go the healthy way: Unhealthy eating habits can damage your skin immensely. To look healthy, you need to eat healthy. Include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Avocados, broccoli, berries are a rich source of antioxidants and should be taken regularly. Make a habit of eating at least one fruit daily. Citrus fruits are highly recommended. Salads are equally beneficial.
- Stay hydrated: One of the golden rule is to enjoy a flawless skin is to keep your skin hydrated. The skin pH acidic 5.5 is very important for a healthy skin. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of water daily and feel the difference.
- Sleep well: If glowing skin is what you desire, sound sleep is what you need. A good 6-8 hours of sleep can do your skin a world of good.
- The power drink to flawless skin: Skin problems are an amalgamation of many internal as well as external factors. The toxins that accumulate within our system act as a catalyst. If not flushed out, the toxins can deteriorate the skin tone and texture, resulting in acne and other skin problems. Thus, detoxification becomes very important. Drink a glass of warm lemon water every morning. It helps to greatly detoxify the body.
- The sweet route to skin problems: Cakes, pastries, ice creams, pizzas, beverages, can satisfy your taste buds, but they will do your skin no good. Excess intake of sweets and sugar greatly accelerates the ageing process. When it comes to acne problems, the Glycation (attachment of the digested sugar to the collagen protein) process is the main wrecker in chief.
Winter can be harsh for your skin. The cold makes your skin dry with white flakes shedding from arms, legs and everywhere. Even the face loses its moisture and glow. To make your skin supple and soft in the winter months and restore its natural glow, use these simple natural remedies and say goodbye to dry skin this winter season.
1. Honey and rose water tonic
Rose water and honey provide excellent nourishment for the skin. Full of nutrients they make the skin soft and supple. Add a teaspoon of rose water to a teaspoon of honey and mix thoroughly. Apply on your face regularly.
2. Papaya power
Papaya is a great treatment for dry skin. It brings back moisture into the skin and also lightens scars. You can make a paste of papaya pulp and banana and apply it on the face and body. Leave it for ten minutes and wash.
3. Aloe vera aid
Aloe vera is not only beneficial when consumed but also works beautifully when applied on the skin. You can take a small piece from the plant and extract the gel. Rub it on your face and leave for 10 minutes. You will get rid of your dry skin within a few days.
4. Almond oil with milk mix
Almond oil makes the skin supple and milk moisturizes the skin.
You can add a teaspoon of dry milk powder to a teaspoon of almond oil and blend to form a paste. You can add a few drops of lemon to remove winter tan. Apply this paste daily to bring back moisture into your skin.
5. Olive oil sheen
Olive oil is a great moisturizer and you can make a smart combo by adding sugar to it which will exfoliate your skin. Mix together 2 tablespoons of olive oil with half a cup of sugar to make this scrub. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to give your skin a luxurious feel. Apply and leave for few minutes and then wash it off.
6. Oatmeal soak
Oatmeal has been known to be highly effective moisturizer, cleaner and even anti inflammatory remedy for the skin. You can soak your whole body in oatmeal to get a super hydrated and moist skin. Just blend 1 cup of oatmeal in a mixer to get a fine powder. Add to water in a bath tub and soak yourself for 15 minutes. Dry yourself and get a great skin.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.