Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Narasimha
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NarasimhaYour feedback matters!
My daughter age is 7 years. Since one month, pus is discharging from her left ear with bad smell. Already consulted an E.N.T. Specialist. He suggested to use candid ear dropsfor 10 days. But invain.
A cochlear implant is an electronic device that is used to restore hearing ability in people who suffer from hearing loss due to inner ear damage. Unlike hearing aids which amplify sounds so people with hearing loss are better able to perceive them, cochlear implants directly transmit electronic sound signals to the auditory nerve. They work by compensating for damaged cochlea, the part of inner ear that converts sound waves into neural impulses which are perceived by the brain.
- A child who cannot hear will also never be able to speak.
- Inability to hear and speak puts a person at disadvantage in society.
- Simple tasks like talking on the phone which we take for granted become impossible.
- Conventional methods of learning like attending a classroom lecture become impossible.
- Brain development and intelligence is closely linked to development of speech and language.
- Inability of parents to communicate with child leads to emotional distancing.
- Integrating a hearing disabled person in to society becomes a frustrating experience for all involved.
- Cost of integration per capita in much higher when compared to cost of Cochlear Implant.
- Children with Cochlear Implants are fully integrated in society with normal hearing & speech.
- Children with Cochlear Implants can attend regular schools & colleges
- Early identification of hearing impairment gives children a better chance of developing speech and language skills, and of making the most of social and emotional interaction from an early age.
Cochlear implants offer a multitude of benefits to people experiencing hearing loss, especially infants and children with severe hearing loss who are just starting to process language and speech. Some of these benefits are:
- Hearing and communication – Cochlear implants improve hearing significantly, especially to a level where normal communication can be restored. It enhances the person’s ability to hear speech without relying on visual cues such as lip reading or hand signs. It makes telephonic conversation a lot easier. Cochlear implants also help people regulate their own voice and volume so that it is easier for others to understand them.
- Quality of life - It can help people with hearing loss listen to and enjoy music and also watch television with sounds. It helps people listen to sounds in a noisy environment and differentiate soft sounds from loud ones.
- Safety – Cochlear implants enhance the individual’s safety as it allows the person to be able to hear warning sounds like honking cars or ambulance sirens. This will allow people to navigate public spaces in a much safer way.
- Society - For children with hearing loss, cochlear implants can help them adjust a lot better to regular schools instead of requiring special institutions.
- Brain development - It can help infants with cochlear damage develop their speech recognition and speaking skills much faster.
- Only device of its kind that can restore a special sense.
- Consists of 2 parts-
- One part is surgically implanted in the body
- Second part is worn behind the ear and communicates with internal part using wireless signals
- Persons of any age can get a cochlear implant, from less than one year old children to 90 year old persons have received implants all around the world.
- Cochlear implants can be done for partial hearing loss also, know as Hybrid implant that preserves the residual natural hearing and augments hearing only in certain sound frequencies in which hearing loss is present.
- Are being used for indications other than hearing loss also like Tinnitus.
- Surgery is a day care procedure for most patients.
CochlearConsult a doctor to get a clear assessment of whether you would be an eligible candidate for a cochlear implant and what to expect from the procedure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The following factors are most predictive of a healthy marriage.
A. Growing up in an intact, functional family
B. Parents were a good marital model
C. Both parents functioned well psychologically
D. Atleast 21 yrs at the time of marriage
E. Marry for positive reasons to share your life and not driven by thoughts such as fear of loneliness, parental or peer pressure or to rescue someone.
F. Know your partner for atleast six months
G. Commonalities in terms of sociology, economic class, race, religion, education, common interests
H. Physical attraction with potential to develop an intimate relationship.
I. Discuss important life organization issues like, work, money, children, to live with parents of your spouse or separately and life goals.
J. Support of family and friends is essential building blocks in a healthy marriage.
K. Consider your spouse as respectful and trusting friend
L. Sharing important information about self, taking each other's opinion for significant decisions.
M. Marital bond of respect, trust, and intimacy grows stronger in first three years of marriage.
N. Wait for atleast two to three years before birth of a planned child.
O. Maintain positive, realistic personal and marital expectations.
If atleast 50% of the above is also implemented it will give both the spouses a lot of contentment and motivation to build a strong bond and improve each day.
By Dr. Sharmila majumdar, senior consultant sexologist, psychoanalyst
Avis hospital, clinic of sexual health, mental health. Hyderabad
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated for the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
Hi, My son is 11 months old. From past 1 month I have been observing my son. He is having shortness in breathing, snoring and breathing from mouth. I then consulted my family doctor he asked me to do a test which I did and it says XRay NASOPHARYNX LAT. VIEW Increase soft tissue shadow seen along the posterior wall of the nasopharynx indenting the air space in the region Enlarged adenoids.
Hi doctor. Am a mother of 5 month old baby. I am very much worried about hitting his head on my head or shoulder and accidental hitting of his head with my elbow. Is there any problem with small hitting. And what about soft spot?
Meri baby 14 months ki hai vo rote rote 1 mint ke liye behosh ho gyi hath per mud gye phir hosh aane par rone lagi tej tej kya ye normal h?
• It is less common in breastfed infants.
• Less exposure to sunlight.
• Dark skinned infants.
• Dietary deficiency of vitamin D.
• Chronic liver disease.
• Renal osteodystrophy.
• Calcium wasting.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
– Prominent forehead.
– Delayed closing of anterior fontanels (normally closes by 6 months of age).
– Frequent rocking movement of the head.
– Temporary teeth usually appear late.
– Excessive sweating over the forehead.
– Beading of ribs (rachitic rosary), at the junction of the ribs and cartilages.
– Prominent sternum (Pigeon`s Breast).
• Spinal column:
– Patient has hump in the back (Kyphosis).
– Bow legs.
– Knock knees.
– Outwards curving of bones of forearm.
– Dwarfism in severe cases.
– Green stick fractures can occur in severe cases.
• Ligaments and muscles:
– Weakness of legs.
– Delayed walking and standing.
– Over extension of knee joints.
– Pot belly due to weakness of abdominal muscles.
• Digestive system:
– Indigestion due to liver and spleen affection.
• Nervous system:
– Restless at night.
– Rocking of head on the pillow.
– A predisposition to titanic convulsion.
• Respiratory system:
– Adenoid and tonsillar hypertrophy.
– Pharyngitis (inflammation of mucous lining of the pharynx).
– Triad of tetany.
– Laryngismus strides.
– Convulsion may be expected in low calcium type of rickets.
• Avoid bony injuries, to prevent factures.
• You should have sun bath for at least 1 – 2 hrs every day.
• Consume foods rich in vitamin D:
– Animal food: egg yolk and fish liver oils are riches source.
– Liver, veal, beef, oyster, salt water fish – mackerel, kipper, herrings, salmon, sardines and tuna.
– Dairy products like – cream, butter, cheese, fortified milk and margarines.
– Plant foods are low in vitamin D – vegetable oils, fruits, nuts and green leafy vegetables.
• Reduce calcium intake (reduce but do not completely avoid calcium as it is needed for maintenance of our body):-
– milk and sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
– Should avoid custard apple and banana as they are high in calcium.
• Breast feeding should be continued.
• You can take vitamin D supplements – cod liver oil, fortified milk.
• Consult physician if you have any of the above sigh and symptoms.
• Associated illness should be treated.
• Vitamin D injections can be injected under the guidance of your physician.