Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Namratha NallaniYour feedback matters!
I had my periods on feb 22 23 and 24. And its ended after 2 days means date of 26th I had unprotected sex with my partner. After having sex I got periods for 2 days its on 26th and 27th. This it mean that im not pregnant. If yes please tell me what pills should I intake to avoid pregnancy. Its has been month already.
My progesterone level on cd 23 has come as 7.69 .what does this indicate abt ovulation and is the level sufficient to conceive. Shd I go for progesterone supplements. I am trying to conceive. Pls help.
According to Unani, the act of eating is considered as life-giving, which is essential for both physical and mental health. Hence, Unani recommends a particular set of guidelines as to how, when and what foods should you eat to achieve a balance in the body. And, this includes eating freshly cooked foods for every meal because leftover foods are devoid of “Prana” which is the vital energy, so it restricts digestion and can disturb your well-being.
But we all often tend to store leftovers in the fridge and eat it either because it is easier than cooking every meal or because we end up making more than required and thus have to store it to avoid food waste. But it is an unhealthy practice. Read on to know more in this regard.
- Leftover food is the breeding ground for numerous microbes: None of us refrigerate the foods immediately after cooking. The food is left to be consumed first, and then the leftover is brought down to room temperature and is then refrigerated. This creates an ideal environment for the micro-organisms to multiply at a fast pace and spoil the food. This is the reason why leftover food sometimes doesn’t taste good enough. The classic example of this is cooked rice. The issues with leftover rice primarily arise from the way in which it is stored. According to the reports of the Foods Standard Agency, uncooked rice tends to contain spores of harmful bacteria which are sturdy enough to survive through the initial process of cooking. When the excess amount of rice is not stored at the right temperature, the spores will start spreading and multiplying leading to various digestion problems when consumed.
- Storing contaminated food can lead to cross-contamination: When you are storing foods rich in high bacterial load in your fridge, other foods can also get contaminated with these bacteria. Therefore, the chance of spoiling the foods increases at a fast pace while growing kids are likely to fall ill due to the different doshas occurring in the body.
- Leftover food doesn’t contain any nutrients: Most of us cook foods in high flames which causes a total loss of nutrients. Then we refrigerate it for long hours which worsens the condition of the foods thereby making the foods lack in most of the essential nutrients. Especially, Vata individuals with weak digestion should avoid leftovers altogether as it might cause stomach upset.
Though there are such compelling reasons for not eating leftovers, it cannot be avoided as well in our busy lives. So, in such circumstances, it is advisable to finish the leftovers within 48 hours at the latest. But in general, Unani recommends eating freshly prepared meals with fresh produce as much as possible to maintain overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an unani practitioner.
Uterus is normal in size .the endo and myometrial echoes are normal .right ovary is not delineated. Left ovary shows a follicle measuring 20×17 mm ,mild free fluid in pelvis-? Cause .no adnexal mass lesion seen. It's my scanning result. Is any problem to get baby ?8 month back I got married but still no baby.
Hi. I did not get my periods from 3 months. I did my blood test and urine test too. And I did my ultrasound as well. The doctor told me everything fine but my b12 is low so what should I do?
Hi, I am DR Sowmya Nair, an ayurvedic physician with more than 13 years of experience in Ayurveda. I am specialised in Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatment. Today I am going to speak about cervical spondylitis.
Cervical spondylitis, Lumber spondylitis and Ankylosing spondylitis. So these are the lifestyle diseases and are very common these days. It is a lifestyle disease because we are sitting in front of the computers for long time and not maintaining our body postures, using mobiles, playing tabs.
How to prevent these lifestyle diseases?
- First is diet, try to avoid too much junk and oily food in order to maintain the body weight.
- Second is to maintain the correct posture. Sit straight while using computers. Sit in such a manner that the monitor or laptop should lie in eye level.
- Third is to indulge in regular exercises. Doing yoga helps us to stay healthy.
In all the spondylitis changes, the major change is the dignity of the neck. So, the main symptoms like neck stiffness, neck pain, pain in arms, headache. Back pain is also a major problem, difficulty in walking in Lumber spondylitis. In Ankylosing spondylitis, the rigidy and stiffness will be more.
In Ayurveda, we are offering Panchkarma treatment for all these ailments.
The main Panchakarma treatment for;
- For Cervical Spondylitis are greeva basti, greeva bicchu, abhyangam, potli massage and nasyam.
- For Lumber spondylitis, we are providing kati basti, kati bicchu, basti.
- Dhanyamla dhara for Ankylosing spondylitis.
All these are the treatments available with us. So, we treat these lifestyle diseases from the roots.
In case of more details about Panchakarma treatment or any other treatment for lifestyle disorders, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Hello Doctor, Last month, I started doing more exercise. Lost around 1 kg and around abdomen. But now I am delayed on my period by 10 days. Did 5 home pregnancy tests and all are negative. Not involved in unsafe sex last month. So, attributed my delay in period to rigorous exercising. But pimples like never before. And some light white vaginal discharge. What is this discharge about, should I be worried for pregnancy. Also, I was diagnosed with mild pcod. Also, there was a small spotting last month around 14th day.
My 9 month has started I am 36 week pregnant and my tummy seems ohk in full size but mostly people use to say I am carrying high I feel every movement from my child .i have heard that baby comes in lower position at last and baby at lower position face very less time in labour. Is that so. Pls suggest me I am tensed if my baby is in upward position then I have to face more labour is that true. I am having swelling also in my legs I use to do lil exercise in the morning stretching and all.
Hi doctor, please advise what type of recent / latest contraceptives are available in the market for women's which are more comfortable and gives complete freedom without any health issues. What should be the best one. I am 34 years old male and have 2 kids (10 & 6), my family is complete. Please suggest better options that gives freedom. Thanks.
Hi, my name is Dr Hmanshu Verma. I am a Vascular and endovascular surgeon.
Dialysis aaj kal bohot he common hai. Renal Failure aaj kal bohot he common hogya hai. Aur ek point pe kidneys certain damage ke beyond hojati hai to uske baad patient ko permanent dialysis ki zarurat hoti hai. Dialysis ke liye normally gale me line daal kar usse blood ko dialysis machine tak lejaya jata hai. Aur clean blood ko wapas body me daalte hai. Lekin unfortunately in lines ko bohot zada der tak body me nahi rehne dia ja sakta hai. Kyuki isse infection ka khatra rehta hai aur sath he yeh lines ander ki nerves ko block karne lagti hai. Iske liye AV Fistula surgery ki zarurat hoti hai. Ideally hume ek aisi khoon ki nass ki zarurat hoti hai jisse khoon ko body se nikal kar dialysis machine tak lejaya ja sake aur wahan se clena blood ko wapas body me daale.
Aisi koi khoon ki nass actual me exist nahi karti hai jiske lie 2 khoon ki artery or vein ko surgery karke aapas me jod dete hai. ise AV Fistula surgery kehte hai. Ek baar AV Fistula surgery karne ke baad 5-6 hafte me vein badi hojati hai size em aur usme khoon ka flow badh jata hai, tab yeh fistula taiyar hoti hai.
AV Fistula surgery baaki surgeries se isliye alag hoti hai kyuki yahan pe koi cheez bana ke dete hai apko jisk baar baar needle daal ke istemaal hota hai. Kisi bhi jagah hum bar bar needle daalte hai to wo 6 months ya saal bhar me damage hojati hai. Isliye we talk in terms of ki AV Fistula ki ek life hoti hai. Isliye agar AV Fistula agar fail hojati hai to doosri AV Fistula ki zarurat padti hai. Agar failed AV Fistula aap sahi samay pe pehchan jaae to fir usko bachaya bhi ja sakta hai. Ek chalti hui AV FSIstula me bhi kahi baar complications ho sakte hai.
AV Fistula ki wajah se kuch patients ko haath me swelling aane lag jati hai. Adhiktar humne dekha hai ki in patients ki jo chaati k ander ki jo nerves hoti hai, unme narrowing hoti hai. Un narrow nerves ki wajah se haath me swelling ane lag jati hai. Aise mareezo ke liye typically Angioplasty ki zarurat padti hai. Angioplasty ke results bohot he acche hote hai aur within 6-8 hours hath ekdam normal hojata hai.
Apne dekha hoga ki bohot baar patients ko yeh boldia jata hai ki apka Fistula nahi kia ja sakta. Hum is tarah ki expertise rakhte hai jin patients ko bata dia jata hai ki koi naya Fistula nahi kia ja sakta hai.
So, har wo patients jinhe AV Fistula ke options mana kardia jata hai, unme bhi kuch na kuch AV Fistula ke options bache hue hote hai, ye thode un common hote hai, normal fistula se thodi badi surgery hoti hai. But since AV Fistula ek Dialysis patient ki lifeline hot hai, un patients ke liye in options ko explore karna bohot he important hota hai.
Baisilic vein transposition and AV Graft, ye bohot he common procedure hai jinko in patients me kiya ja sakta hai. Agar aap in patients me se hai jisnke liye AV Fistula ke raste band ho chuke hai, aap hume contact kar sakte hai Lybrate ke through ya fir aap humare centre pe personal appointment ke liye bhi aa sakte hai.
I am 21 years old. I often get stomach pain on the 10th day of my menstrual cycle. Please let me know the solution.
I have two daughters 7,5 years old.After the second child's birth my wife did the surgery and stop the pregnancy.Now we need a another child,can she pregnant now with the help of surgery. She has 32 years old.
Mam I'm 21 years n I got period in last month 11th n on 17th I had sex now I'm not getting period and getting light bleeding am I pregnant if I got pregnancy how to abort please tell me I don't want pregnancy I have limited blood also but I'm not getting period please tell me how to abort.
I had intercourse on the fourth day (last day) of my period. Today is my fifth day and I am thinking to take UNWANTED 72. Will it help me in stopping my pregnancy ?
I want to become pregnant. Please suggest me good tips. I have 4 year kids. I am not using any growth control tablet also. But till now I have not pregnant for second time. Is it any serious. I am 34 year old.
Sir/Madam: my ant doesn't come period since 3 months while groundex tests comes negative. Please advise us.
The usage of “9 months” with pregnancy is almost universal. However, it is not always that all women go through the entire 9 months with the baby. Most often, delivery happens during the 37th to 40th weeks. This allows for the complete growth of the baby within the mother’s womb. When delivery happens before the 37th week, it is known as preterm delivery or premature labour. These babies may not be completely formed and may have temporary or long-term difficulties after birth.
There are many reasons which can induce premature labour, and while some are preventable, some may be inevitable.
- Smoking: One of the first things to do when planning a pregnancy or as soon as you realise you are pregnant is to quit smoking. It is way too damaging for the mother and the baby within.
- Alcohol consumption or street drug usage: These again can cause not just premature labour but also developmental abnormalities.
- Multiple pregnancy: Women pregnant with twins or multiples often have premature labour.
- Health problems: Medical conditions like hypertension, diabetes, infections, etc.
- Abnormalities: Developmental abnormalities in the newborn like Down’s syndrome, chromosomal abnormalities, etc.
- Weight: Being either obese or underweight can cause premature labour.
- Infection: Vaginal or urinary or fever and even dental infection.
- Prenatal care: While preparing for pregnancy or as soon as you confirm it, ensure you put yourself in the hands of a good gynaecologist. This will ensure you (and your baby) get the required care.
- Less gap: Reduced gap between subsequent pregnancies can also induce premature labour.
Warning signs of premature labour
In some women, the doctor might be able to predict the chances of a premature labour and give enough suggestions to look out for warning signs. This will help the woman to be mentally prepared when it is time.
A low backache, which is constant and does not go with usual relief measures.
- Frequent pelvic contractions (about every 10 minutes)
- Vaginal leaking (fluid or bleeding)
- General ill-feeling with symptoms of nausea, cramps, and vomiting/diarrhoea.
- Inability to hold down fluids for a full day
- Abdominal cramps, similar to a period
- Pelvic pressure, a feeling of the baby descending down
What to do?
As mentioned earlier, if your doctor had warned you of the chances of a preterm labour, watch out for them after 35 weeks.
- With any of the above symptom, do not indulge in any activity and rest on the left side for a while.
- Drink about 2 to 3 glasses of juice or plain water.
- If the symptoms get better, continue to rest for the day.
- If they do not, call the doctor. Usually, the doctor will ask you to come to the clinic.
- In some cases, the baby might be delivered and require neonatal care for some days (to weeks) depending on development and symptoms.
If your waters break, or you start having contractions before 37 weeks of pregnancy, contact your doctor or hospital immediately. Even if it's the middle of the night, don't wait until morning, get on the phone straight away!
You will almost certainly be asked to go to the hospital immediately. Don't drive yourself. If you have nobody to give you a lift, call an ambulance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.