Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NamrataYour feedback matters!
If you are in a commitment, relationship or a marriage that is sex-starved marriage one probably can feel the blues. Whether a person is one with a high desire or one with a flat sex line it is a must to improve the relationship in which the person is.
Here are 6 tips which can be discussed with the partner who has a low sexual desire:
1. A satisfying relationship should be a priority: There are two main reasons to make sex life better and pay attention to it. First reason is that relationship with the spouse and the marriage depend on sex to a large extent. There is no successful relation unless there is a satisfying sex life. Second reason is that unless the intimate act is not enjoyed a person is just cheating themselves.
2. Medical Checkup: A visit to the gynecologist or physician can be planned for the spouse. Hormone replacement therapy can be considered. Evaluation and assessment should be done to see that effects are not been caused due to medication. Certain herbal and dietary changes might be helpful.
3. An appointment with a therapist experienced in the area of sexuality should be scheduled: A certified sex therapist can help overcome the difficulties faced by you or your partner - whoever - faces a low sexual desire. Drugs, like Viagra could be prescribed by the therapist.
4. Consider the spouse's feelings: Though you might have a low sexual drive but do make sure that you take care of your spouse's feelings as they can be rejected and hurt. The spouse's mood can be elated by flirting and telling them that they are special to you.
5. Exercise and running: Daily exercises leads to an increase in the blood circulation and thus the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act. Exercising also lengthens and strengthens the orgasm. Also, while exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
6. Improve self-esteem: In some cases a poor body image might be a hindrance from indulging into sexual activity. These personal issues should be given time and dealt with in order to boost the self-esteem. One can start by exercising to improve the body image. Also, lifestyle modification and cutting down on cigarettes and alcohol helps. A new hobby can be taken up to relieve mental pressures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Scenario one: Mr PS, 35 years old, married for 5 years, now planning to have a child, suddenly felt that his erection of penis is not as good as it was earlier. initially he tried medicines shown in TV and newspaper and then many treatments through internet. but his problems persisted. Finally when he came to doctor, he was diagnosed to have ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION. Finally after checking, when doctor advised him blood test, it revealed high blood sugar and then he was advised anti-diabetic drugs. After starting this, his sexual performance improved much better.
So, what went wrong? Erectile dysfunction may be an early indication of diabetes. So, if you feel such probems, never ignore it and never feel ashamed to talk to doctor. If you try medicines shown in TV/ newspaper, your problem will persist and the diabetes may go to such point that your life will be threatened. So, never ignore such problem, however embarrasing it might be.
Scenario two: Mrs AM, a 42 years old lady having two children, gradually feeling of low sexual urge. Her husband tried many things but nothing worked. She also had repeated attacks of vaginal infections. After trying many things by themselves, they consulted doctor. And the cause of her LOW SEX DRIVE and VAGINAL INFECTION was found to be uncontrolled diabetes. And the story was same. She was put on insulin therapy and her conditions improved. But if she came earlier, she could have avoided insl=ulin therapy.
So, if any male or female is experiencing low sex desire, he or she should not try various types of treatments by themselves. Proper diagnosis is necessary, so that life threatening diseases are not missed. And as you all know, diabetes can sometimes be life-threatening. So, just imagine, a situation for which you feel embarrassed to talk to doctor, can endanger your life.
Scenario three: Mr MQ, a 30 years old male, is feeling pain and discomfort during intercourse and also sometimes during urination. He thought it may solve automatically after marriage. But it did not. And then he also had bleeding sometimes during intercourse and the pain increased. When he presented to doctor, doctor diagnosed it as a case of tight foreskin or PHIMOSIS. And the next day blood sugar was found to be very high. He was cured by circumcission after controlling blood sugar level with insulin. But after that he was found to have problems in retina and kidney. These are all because of diabetes. had he not ignored Phimosis, he could have avoided these complications of diabetes (retinopathy and nephropathy).
So, if you feeel any problems, particularly infections in private parts, do not ignore them Consult doctor and try to find out the cause.
Scenario four:. Mrs AR, 32 years female, having REPEATED MISCARRIAGE in previous three pregnancies. No apparent cause was found. Then blood sugar test was done properly and she was found to have very high blood sugar. Then she was advised to avoid pregnancy until sugar was controlled. She follwed the advice and then conceived fourth time when blood sugar was normal. Then she delivered a baby who was totally normal.
So, if any couple is experiencing repeated miscarriage, they should test for diabetes first.
So, never feel that diabetes is merely a disease of sugar. It can affect every organ and system. So, if you feel any problems in personal or conjugal life, however embarrasing to you it might be, never feel ashamed, rather consult doctor and have proper diagnosis done. A stich in time saves nine.
I am 20. My weight is 65 and my breast is 36D it is more than my weight. Which exercise helps me to reduce my breast size fast?
Doctor, Below is my complete case details please read in detail. I am a 28 year old guy a sexually active person. On 1st October 2015 I had a risky exposure a brief unprotected sex with a CSW post which I got scared and did the following tests. 1.4th Generation Test after 7 weeks. 2.4th generation test after 12weeks. 3 4th generation test after 22 weeks. 4.4th generation test after 25weeks. All these reports came negative. I don't do drugs at all neither I donate blood technically I haven't risked myself with a CSW again however I Had unprotected sex with my GF on 15th Oct 2015 26Dec 2015 nd 31st Dec 2015. She is 100%HIV negative. Below is my questions. 1. In my case having sex with my GF last 3 months ago can it cause late seroconversion? Having sex with an HIV negative person is it a possible risky exposure during window period? 2. As per your expertise what are the chances of late seroconversion in my case. 3. Help me in the details of accuracy 4th Generation Test. 4. Can HIV testing be a risk for me I got Tested at Metropolis Lab a well known pathology. 5. I am 99% convinced I have no issues however 1% of my mind says to get tested in August and than in October but honestly I do not have the guts. Do I need further testings. 6. To sum it up as per your expertise what to do you advise me Am I 100% HIV free do I need to get tested again. Why are these thoughts bothering me so much I get very stressed because of this.
I have unbearable itching in vagina and burning sensation during urination from the last few days. I am using V wash to rinse vagina daily.
Hie I am 26 years old n I hv 2 children first is normal delivery a boy and second is baby girl with c section now I wanted to lose my weight so my baby is 10 month old what should I do to lose my weight please help me.
I am 17 years old female. Recently I am suffering from periods irregularities. It never comes on the actual date, not even 1 or 2 days after. Sometimes its after 5 days, sometimes 10 days. This time, I did not have my period for the month of May. Can there be any problems?
I have manturecycle problem. Please tell me the solution My period come after 2~3 months irregular I m very upset.
I have heavy bleeding. I get my periods irregularly. I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Can you please suggest an answer that helps me recover.
Sir, my period happen on 29th but this month I do not get my period , 12th I tested pregnancy test but it was negative what can I do now?
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello, I had sex with my girlfriend a week ago. I put condom upside down and then put it on right. I'm scared maybe there was my precum. For 4 days she had abnormal pain in stomach and vaginal discharge- brown, white, clear, and one day white with red. Before sex we masturbate each other but then I went urinate and wash penis head before we started. What are the chances of pregnancy?
Avoid unnecessary accumulation of water and waste. This will be a breeding place for larvae of aedes and anopheles mosquito. Also if one has high grade fever with swings along with bodyache then one should avoid taking self medication and should visit a doctor. Similarly cough, cold with fever and headache should warrant urgent visit to a doctor as it can be a early presentation of influenza. It is always safe to receive a single shot of flu vaccine in this season. Prevention is a always better than cure.
The usage of “9 months” with pregnancy is almost universal. However, it is not always that all women go through the entire 9 months with the baby. Most often, delivery happens during the 37th to 40th weeks. This allows for the complete growth of the baby within the mother’s womb. When delivery happens before the 37th week, it is known as preterm delivery or premature labour. These babies may not be completely formed and may have temporary or long-term difficulties after birth.
There are many reasons which can induce premature labour, and while some are preventable, some may be inevitable.
- Smoking: One of the first things to do when planning a pregnancy or as soon as you realise you are pregnant is to quit smoking. It is way too damaging for the mother and the baby within.
- Alcohol consumption or street drug usage: These again can cause not just premature labour but also developmental abnormalities.
- Multiple pregnancy: Women pregnant with twins or multiples often have premature labour.
- Health problems: Medical conditions like hypertension, diabetes, infections, etc.
- Abnormalities: Developmental abnormalities in the newborn like Down’s syndrome, chromosomal abnormalities, etc.
- Weight: Being either obese or underweight can cause premature labour.
- Prenatal care: While preparing for pregnancy or as soon as you confirm it, ensure you put yourself in the hands of a good gynaecologist. This will ensure you (and your baby) get the required care.
- Less gap: Reduced gap between subsequent pregnancies can also induce premature labour.
Warning signs of premature labour
In some women, the doctor might be able to predict the chances of a premature labour and give enough suggestions to look out for warning signs. This will help the woman to be mentally prepared when it is time.
A low backache, which is constant and does not go with usual relief measures.
- Frequent pelvic contractions (about every 10 minutes)
- Vaginal leaking (fluid or bleeding)
- General ill-feeling with symptoms of nausea, cramps, and vomiting/diarrhoea.
- Inability to hold down fluids for a full day
- Abdominal cramps, similar to a period
- Pelvic pressure, a feeling of the baby descending down
What to do?
As mentioned earlier, if your doctor had warned you of the chances of a preterm labour, watch out for them after 35 weeks.
- With any of the above symptom, do not indulge in any activity and rest on the left side for a while.
- Drink about 2 to 3 glasses of juice or plain water.
- If the symptoms get better, continue to rest for the day.
- If they do not, call the doctor. Usually, the doctor will ask you to come to the clinic.
- In some cases, the baby might be delivered and require neonatal care for some days (to weeks) depending on development and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Symptoms of Postpartum depression and ways to deal with it!
Hi, my name is Dr. Armaan Pandey and this talk that I'm going to have maybe very beneficial if you are a to be parent or you are a new parent. So I'm going to tell you about three aspects of postpartum mental health. Postpartum refers to post delivery, as a lot of you might know. The first thing I want to talk about is a very serious medical condition which is called as postpartum depression. So right before or after the birth of a baby a mother's body suffered through a massive hormonal changes and often these hormonal changes can result in depression. Like we see in depression too the symptoms are very very similar like loss of interest in everything, feeling sad all the time, doesn't want to take care of the babies also at time, doesn't feel like worth living, disturbance in sleep, disturbance in appetite, crying spells, suicidal thoughts and sometimes even thoughts of hurting the baby. So yes your hormones can do this to your brain. Solution is quite simple. A short course of anti-depressant therapy is very very helpful, very efficient in taking away these symptoms. The symptoms go away very quickly and it is quite safe as well.
Another aspect that one must be aware of when it comes to postpartum depression is a milder form called as postpartum blues. Here the woman experiences mood swings, often crying jags, easy irritibality, but these are very short lasting. So most of the days the woman is fine, the mother is fine but sometimes she may display these things and usually postpartum blues gets better on their own, you don't have to do much about it. But it is advisable that you go to a doctor, get yourself checked out and if it is depression then get treatment and get better. The second aspect of mental health, when it comes to mothers, usually when new mothers are concerned is that you have to be aware of something called as mother's guilt.
Now this has got more to do with how the society treats new mother's than what biology does to you. When you deliver your first baby, or even second child for that matter, you are loaded with a barage of instructions, you are supposed to do this, you are not supposed to do that. And these instructions comes from every corner of the world. Your spouse tells you something, parents tell you something else and your in-laws tell you something else, your doctors are also advising you, your neighbours, your relatives and even your maid servants at times. What do you do in that case, and sometimes the advises are contradictory. So, the mother has the burden of making small, tiny decisions for the baby. And every tiny decision she makes she feels guilty that maybe what I'm doing for my child is not right. You need to be aware of this, there is nothing like a perfect mother or a perfect parent. All you have to do is be a good enough parent, a good enough mother. You cannot make sure that your baby is 24x7 happy or comfortable. Your baby is going to cry when she is not comfortable, when she is hungry, when she has some pain and this is going to continue till she can vocalise or verbalise her feelings better. So, do not feel absolutely guilty if you are not able to soothe your baby immediately or if someone tells you otherwise. You have to make a decision, sometimes you have to be assertive with other individuals. Don't be aggressive, don't break into a fight but do not take everything passively too.
The third aspect that is important when it comes to mental health, especially for new parents is that you lose focus of your relationship at times. Because the baby is the centre of the family now, you start ignoring your relationship with your spouse, probably you are more engaged in taking care of the baby for the first two years, which is required, it is inevitable. But during this time a lot of couples experience distancing and people who have problems later on in their marital life often report that this was the turning point. So one has to be mindful. What I can advice you is like you treat your relationship with your partner as your first child, because your relatonship is something you both have created together. It requires constant nurturing, it requires constant attention from you. So if you have another child after your first child you are not going to ignore this first child because you are having another baby.
Of course you can't pay as much attention but you can't neglect it. So for your partner also take out some quality time, do certain small things for them that makes you happy and whenever you can find time do spend quality time together bonding with each other. Remember this fact that you are becoming parents because you are together so you have to take care of this relationship as well. If you are aware of these few aspects of mental health and a lot of other things as well pertaining to parenting I'm sure you are going to enjoy parenthood rather than be stressed about it.
For any further advices or consultation you can book an appointment through Lybrate.com .