Find numerous Diabetologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Diabetologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Diabetologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Nageswar Reddy
Submit a review for Nageswar ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 67 year old. Feeling pain in penis when passing urine. Burning sensation in feet and hands. Sweeling legs and hands. Urine culture and sensitivity report- no growth of any microorganism. X-ray k. U. B- report-renal outline are well made out. My blood report as on 27/04/2015 are as follows: fasting=94, pp=116, bun=14, creatinine=1.2, uric acid=4.6, cholesterol=148, usg of k. U. B=rt. Kidney: measures 95mm, a52x33mm cyst noted. Lt. Kidney=107mm. A 26mm cyst noted. No hydronephrosis or detectable echo reflective calculas in both the kidneys. Prostate measures 3.7x2.9x2.8cms. Wt. 16 gms. Total psa ii= 0.53ng/ml. Normal voiding pattern, uroflometry=qmax 14ml/sec, voided vol 598ml, post void residue 51ml. If the reports are normal then why feeling this type of uneasiness. Please Advise.
Sir I am 59 yrs. My sugar level is as follows: PP after 2 hrs 235 and after 4 hours (i.e. At 12.45 p, m. Before lunch) sugar level is 65. The same reading is reached every day. I am taking following medicines: Gemer P1 OD (Before breakfast) Gulvas met (Vildagliptin and MetforminHCL) OD (Before dinner) Telmisartan 20 mg BD, Rosvas 10 mg OD, After 5 PM also the sugar level false to around 60. The sugar level is high after 2 hrs of breakfast. The sugar level falls very fast but after two hours of breakfast and before lunch. But before two hours the sugar is high. Is any change of medicine required, if so please advice. Should I take one tablet of galvus met before breakfast also. Any other advice is welcome thanks nkjain.
Unexplained weight loss of 5 kgs in 25 days. Suffering from diabetes, pain in joints and back and fingers. Diffuse pain in the abdomen.
Almost every person salivates over desserts and sweets. One does not need a special occasion to get their sweet tooth going. While the lip smacking sugary delight might impress the taste buds, it is sure to affect the health in a big way. If you thought that sugar was only bad for your waistline and general health, then you need to know that it is equally harmful for your skin. In fact, it can lead to serious dermatological conditions.
Harmful effects of sugar on the skin
A lot of what we eat reflects on our body externally. A number of internal changes can influence the external appearance of the body. Excessive intake of carbohydrates, starch and sugar can have an adverse effect on the skin. It can also accelerate the ageing process. But what triggers these complications needs to be understood and discussed in detail.
Carbohydrates can be simple or complex. Simple carbohydrates (cake, bread; to name a few) break down and convert to glucose rapidly. Increased glucose level implies increased insulin level, and causes inflammation, which affects the whole body. The enzymes produced during inflammation breaks down important proteins, namely elastin and collagen, leading to wrinkles and saggy skin.
Acne problems mainly arise from Glycation (the process through which digested sugar attaches permanently to the collagen). Glycation plays a significant role in accelerating the ageing process.
Complex carbohydrates, on the other hand, is good for health. When ingested, complex carbohydrates break down at a much slower rate. As a result, there is no abnormal increase in the insulin level.
Corrective measures to check the harmful effects of sugar on the skin:
With a little care and preventive measures, the deleterious effects of sugar on the skin can be minimised.
- Supplement your diet with foods rich in antioxidants. Lean proteins, fibrous foods and diets rich in good fats are highly recommended. Include beans and nuts that have low glycemic value in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Food items containing high amount of saturated fats (cheese, ice creams, fried foods; to name a few), and with high glycemic value should be strictly avoided.
- Do not compromise with your sleep. A sound sleep and a stress-free life is the mantra to a glowing and youthful skin.
- Practice meditation and yoga diligently. The rewarding and positive outcomes will leave you in awe.
- Do not skip your meals or indulge in overeating. Have small servings at regular intervals.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a diabetic and also BP but my blood pressure is under control but when tested I found my pulse rate at 95 what will be the reason I am on amaryl 1 mg and angizar 25 mg what is the normal pulse rate what can I do to bring the pulse rate lower please help my pulse rate is not taken while resting.
I am 42 years female suffering from diabetes from past 5 years, I am taking medicines but now I am feeling very tired energy loss. What should I do to increase my energy level.
I am 43 years old man and had a CABG (bypass surgery) before 4 months i.e. On 11-06-2015. I have well managed diabetic problem also. Can I use 'Tadalafil' tablets now which was prescribed my diabetic doctor before my surgery.
At present 3 out of the 5 people are suffering from diabetes and it is the 7th leading cause of death worldwide. Moreover, it is no more restricted just to adults and affects children as well. Diabetes is a metabolic disease resulting in increase in the level of glucose in the body. Glucose is a source of energy for the cells making up the muscles and other tissues in the body. But if the level of glucose goes up, it shows the sign of danger. Diabetes is of 2 types:
- Type 1: Body fails to produce insulin.
- Type 2: Body fails to produce enough insulin which is required by the body.
There are no definite signs of diabetes. It simply varies from person to person. In many of the cases it goes unnoticed. Such signs are as follows:
- Sudden weight loss: You might experience a sudden weight loss of 5 to 10 kgs within a month. This happens when sugar metabolism ceases very quickly. Insufficient insulin prevents the body from taking in glucose in the body cells from the blood to use as energy. In such a scenario the body starts burning fat and muscle for energy. This results in weight loss.
- Intense hunger: The cells in your body might not get enough energy either due to absence or improper functioning of insulin in your blood. This makes you hungry quite often.
- Excessive urination and thirst: Due to diabetes, the glucose level in the body goes up. The kidneys are overloaded with the burden of working overtime for filtering and absorbing the excess glucose in your body. The excess sugar, which the kidney cannot store is excreted out of your body. This makes you urinate frequently. Due to frequent urination the body gets dehydrated which makes you feel thirsty more often.
- Blurred vision: Due to the high level of glucose in your body tissues gets pulled away from the lens of the eyes. This results in vision issues. If not treated on time, it may even lead to blindness.
- Increased fatigue: The cells in your body might not get enough energy either due to absence or improper functioning of insulin in your blood. This makes you restless more often and you may even feel too weak to do your regular activities.
If you notice any of these signs, get the level of sugar in your checked and take the required remedies. It is good to get it treated as early as possible rather than facing immense trouble in future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.