Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
With all the parties, late nights and heavy food, the festive season is notorious for weight gain. Along with a decorated tree, Christmas is synonymous with Christmas cake that tastes wonderful, but does nothing for your health and waistline. Store bought Christmas cakes are loaded with sugar and hence if possible, it is always better to bake your Christmas cake at home. As with any other type of food, home cooked food is always healthier than store or restaurant food. This is because you get to control the ingredients of your cake.
So here are a few tips on making a healthy Christmas cake:
- No added sugar: Unlike other cakes, Christmas cake does not really need additional sugar as the fruit inside it adds natural sweetness. Do not sprinkle the fruit in, but maintain a high ratio of fruit to flour. You can include all types of dried fruits, berries, apricots, dates, prunes, pineapples etc. in your cake. Traditionally, these fruits are used in their candied form, but for a healthier version of this cake, try using them in their natural or dehydrated form.
- Almond meal: If you buy a cake, it is likely to be made with refined flour. Refined flour has negligible nutritional value, but is very high on calories. Hence, when you’re baking a cake, consider replacing this flour with almond meal. Almond meal is lower in calories, gluten free and adds moisture to the cake. It is also rich in vitamin E, magnesium and potassium.
- Fresh fruit juice: Along with the pieces of fresh and dried fruit, the juice is also an essential element of Christmas cakes. Avoid opening a can here and instead use freshly squeezed juice as far as possible. Fresh fruit juice has no added sugars and is loaded with vitamins as compared to canned juice. It is also free from preservatives. You can also include the pulp that is extracted while juicing fruits like oranges into your cake.
- Coconut oil: A little oil is a must in cakes to make them moist and spongy. Replace your refined oil with coconut oil when baking a Christmas cake to make it healthier and more wholesome. Coconut oil has a high level of good cholesterol and when used wisely can also reduce the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Sides: Christmas cake is usually served with custard or ice cream; both of which are loaded with sugar and are unhealthy. Consider replacing these sides with natural yoghurt that has been sweetened with a drizzle of honey. Alternatively, you could also try some flavoured greek yoghurt and almond flakes. This will make your dessert light on the stomach and easier to digest.
Home Remedies for Wrinkles
With age, skin cells divide more slowly, and the skin's inner layer called the dermis, begins to thin. That starts to undo skin's stretchiness and structure. Aging skin also starts to lose its ability to hold on to moisture, makes less oil, and is slower to heal. That all contributes to the wrinkling process.
Natural home remedy using egg whites:
1. Egg whites contain vitamins, which help tighten skin.
2. Apply egg whites on wrinkle prone areas.
3. Leave for 20 min.
4. Wash with lukewarm water.
Natural home remedy using avocado, fresh cream, flaxseeds, and honey:
1. Crush and make a paste of half an avocado.
2. Add 2 tbsp of fresh cream.
3. Add 2 tsp of flax seeds.
4. Add 1 tbsp of honey.
5. Mix well
6. Apply on the skin and leave it for 1 hr.
7. Wash with cold water.
8. This mixture is a natural moisturiser.
Natural home remedy using papaya and banana:
This remedy is especially for men.
1. Blend papaya and banana together.
2. Apply on the skin.
3. Leave it for 20 min.
4. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Papaya has chemicals, which remove dead skin cells. Banana provides necessary nutrients for healthy skin.
I had fungus issue on my skin I tried many antibiotic cream and medicine but its not going wht should I doAnd due to all medicine my body become heavy how should I reduce my body fat.
I am 35 years old and suffering from mild pain at back side of pelvic region. Pain do not stay for long. If I remain standing position for long then it starts.
Dear doctor, my sister 21 years of age is suffering from back pain for 1 week. She is very thin and 1 year back her blood level in body was low. What may be the reason for her back pain and what shall she do now.
I am suffering form hair fall now a day I lost my hair day by day and it get thin now. I consult my family doctor who recommend me to eat this medicine hair fall its a capsule and one more but I didn't remember than medicine name n he also suggest me kesh king oil but it did not work for me then I prefer to my nearest doctor who is aruvidic she told me that to eat vegetable. Drink lots of water. She also suggest me that ayurvedic oil n shikakai shampoo. But still I am in the same situation mam or sir please help me out just becoz of this I lost my selfconfidence and I feel weird whenever I go outside. Mam I forget to tell you that mam when I was in 7 std I am suffering from tuberculosis (tb) so mam from that time till now I ams suffering from hairfall but I complete the full treatment and now I am fine. Mam now I am in 11std. So please help me to figure out this problem and suggest me something. And I want to thank this aap through this I wish I could find my problem so soon so possible. And thank for giving to your precious time mam or sir. Khan ayesha.
Whether you have a toddler or a teen, I believe, five of the best strategies to improve nutrition and encourage smart eating habits in kids would be :
1. Have regular family meals.
2. Serve a variety of healthy foods and snacks.
3. Be a role model by eating healthy yourself.
4. Avoid battles over food.
5. Make eating a playtime and probably a way of spending quality time with your kids.involve them in the process.
Kids who take part in regular family meals are also:
- more likely to eat fruits, vegetables, and grains
- less likely to snack on unhealthy foods
- less likely to smoke, use marijuana, or drink alcohol
You could Follow these basic guidelines:
1. Work fruits and vegetables into the daily routine, aiming for the goal of at least five servings a day.
2. Make it easy for kids to choose healthy snacks by keeping fruits and vegetables on hand and ready to eat. Other good snacks include low-fat yogurt, peanut butter and celery, or whole-grain crackers.
3. Serve lean meats and other good sources of protein, such as fish, eggs, beans, soya, tofu.
4. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals so kids get more fiber.
5. Limit fat intake by avoiding fried foods and choosing healthier cooking methods, such as broiling, grilling, roasting, and steaming. Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy products.
6. Limit fast food and low-nutrient snacks, such as chips and candy. But don't completely ban favorite snacks from your home. Instead, make them "once-in-a-while" foods, so kids don't feel deprived.
7. Limit sugary drinks, such as soda and fruit-flavored drinks. Serve water and low-fat milk instead.
And above all ----- Be a Role Model Yourself!
The best way for you to encourage healthy eating is to eat well yourself.!!!!
That's all for now, for my next dose(article) ...stay tuned!