Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Epidemiologists in India. You will find Epidemiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Epidemiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagaraju Kovuri
Submit a review for Dr. Nagaraju KovuriYour feedback matters!
Hii doctor I 19 years old and I am suffering from cold and cough before 5 days so tell me that what medicine should I use for this.
I am 66 years old female. Problem of cold and dry or cough with phelgum. I can not eat cold and milk product. If I eat these product even ice cream or fruits like apple guava. With in hrs cough starts suggest some aurvedic medicine.
I am suffering from fever cough cold I have consulted doctor and I want to know that whether I can take junk food or not? What medicines I have to take so that I can write my exams not in a sleepy mode.
I have shifted from Delhi to Bangalore and I have got cold and cough due to change in climate. What medicine should I take?
Know About Ebola
Ebola virus diseases were earlier known as Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever and are caused by the virus belonging to Filoviridae family. This is a disease known to spread from animals to humans. The RNA virus infects the wild animals such as gorillas, monkeys, chimpanzees and fruit bats and can also spread to humans. According to World Health Organization, this disease is transmitted through direct contact with the body fluids such as blood, secretions and organs of an infected animal or person. Migratory populations are most likely to get the infection and they may transmit the Ebola virus.
The early symptoms may appear one week after the virus infects your body. The symptoms include headache, fever, rashes, nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, body ache, cough, etc. It is difficult to identify the disease in the early stages as the early symptoms are similar to the symptoms of other diseases. The diagnosis is usually made on the basis of tests for antibodies against viral DNA and Ebola.
Within a few days of the patient expressing the early symptoms, the later symptoms appear. Later symptoms include: impaired liver and kidney functions, redness of the eye due to internal and external bleeding, bloody vomit and bloody diarrhea, etc. The patient may experience cardiovascular collapse and finally death.
Who Is At Risk?
The persons with high risk of Ebola infection are family members of the infected persons and the health workers who is in close contact with infected individuals and mourners of the deceased person who have direct contact with the body. People who are handling the meat of the infected animals are also at the risk of exposure to the virus.
The Countries Affected By the Virus
The present Ebola virus outbreak is the largest outbreak reported and is mainly limited to West Africa. The African countries like Guinea, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Libya has reported more than 1600 cases of Ebola till August 2014. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises to avoid all “nonessential” travel to these West African countries.
I am 17 years old boy I am suffering from cold and cough so please suggest me good medicine so that I come well as soon as possible.
My daughter 4 years old having flu cold frequently, now some swelling (like mosquito bite red patch, itching problem in her body, that will disappear after 15/20 minutes also. Pls advise.
I have been getting cold and cough for around 2-3 days I think I am suffering from TB can you consult me, what are the symptom of TB?
I have cough and cold with fever. I meet a local doctor and he advice me with medicine with regular 5 days to take it. I do it properly but today is seventh day but I have same problem except fever. What can I do. Can I meet another doctor?
I am 36 years old male. I am suffering from allergy since 19-20 years. Day by day it increase and some times start as cold and block chest. Feeling sound in breath. My weight is 83 kg and night 178 cm. Presently medicine used (telecast please and foracort 100) one per day from 6 months. Is there any permanent treatment for this.
What are the symptoms of bird flu and the medicines to cure it. And also the food to avoid in bird flu?
Cold is one of the most common diseases in the world. It is a communicable disease, mainly occurring during seasonal change, even though it is not chronic in nature. And homeopathy has the most effective medicines which treat common cold without the side effects.
Read on to know which are those:
- Natrum mur: This medicine is effective for a runny nose, with initially clear snot thickening after a period of 24-48 hours.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is advisable for the known symptoms of common cold such as headache, fever, fatigue, drowsiness, shivers, etc.
- Eupatorium perf: This medicine is effective in case of recurring thirst, sore muscles and bones, and immense headache that get worse on any kind of movement.
- Arsenicum iod: If you are experiencing continuous sneezing with burning sensation and a nasal discharge, this is the medicine you should take.
- Aconite: This homeopathic medicine is recommended when the most preliminary signs of common cold appear, such as getting thirsty frequently and being overly-anxious.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is for more severe signs of cold, such as high fever and persistence of a throbbing headache.
- Ferrum phos: This medicine is also given at the preliminary stage, when the onset is slow, with mild fever, which gets worse especially with the approach of night.
- Pulsatilla: When you have a nose with dense discharge and blocked ears, remember that these symptoms may worsen at night. This is the medicine best suited to your cold in such a situation.
- Nux vomica: Nux vomica is effective for constant sensation of chill, with warmth not felt even in the comfort of the bed. It is also effective for headaches, blocked nose, body-aches, and nausea as results of the cold.