Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Nagaraj BYour feedback matters!
I am 42 year male and I am having been a Diabetes mellitus for past 10 years and on treatment regularly with anti diabetic drug along with Human Insulin Actrapid 15 units only in the morning, with regular check up now it is in good control. Now please kindly let me know taking cough syrup COREX/TUSSEX regularly will lead to any complication and any danger in my life? So kindly answer me.
I have a disease of heart prblm, diabetes, TB, vey high uric acid. Which diet should be taken for health recovery? please advise me.
I suffer from GErD from past 4 years as well as cervical spondylosis. From past 2 days I feel shortness of breath, like suffocation and looks like there is no air surrounded and will stop breathing in sometime.
Sir, I am thalassemia minor patient but I am having major complications like shortness of breathe while shower, climbing stairs, walking at slow pace and I have developed osteoporosis having pain in the wrists, ankle, all toes, elbow, shoulders and has difficulty moving joints n holding heavy vessels. Can you suggest me some remedy ?
I am 27 years old. My father condition not good. My father ill asthma disease & headache pls provide suggestion at better condition.
I am taking medicine to cure tuberculosis from one month, still I have to continue for another 5 month. I am gaining weight too much. Day by day m looking fat. Is This normal? Pls advise I'm worried too much.
My son has cough and running nose. I have given him nebulisation. Is there anything else I should do? he is 18 months old now.
I am suffering from cough, whenever my cough starts it does not go, it last for around 20 days although I take medicine n precautions but my cough does not go. If I have any other prob. Like fever or etc. Then also along wid that cough starts n last for many days.
I am 55 years, male. Since 25 years I have diabetes, asthma and psoriasis. Is there anyway to cure or reduce the issues which seem to increase with age? I underwent a bypass surgery five years back.
I have tonsils from last 7 months according to ent doctors it is due to falling of mucus in my throat and their is no relief from antibiotics what to do.
I am asthmatic patient. I regularly used inhaler asthalin or bacalate 200. Tell me these medicine having side effect in my body.
I am facing severe mucus inside head, so that while breathing heavily, mucus comes to mouth and Pain in a single spot in right eyebrow.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.