Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N.V.Ramani
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N.V.RamaniYour feedback matters!
I had been diagnosed with a cyst in right ovary of size 40.9 mm diameter, 3 years ago (2015) in a regular Sonography suggested by my gastroenteritis (visited due to recurring stomach infection after eating junk food every time). I got a sonography done today (2018) but the cyst is still there. However, the cyst size reduced to 35 mm. (Internal echoes-++-? Haemorrhagic/? endometriosis) Should I be worried that the cyst has persisted for this long?
Hi if I am 2 weeks pregnant and not even tested pregnancy .if masturbated during 2 nd week affects the chance of pregnancy? whether it leads to miscarriage.
We are trying for baby from 9 months .few days before my wife did her sonography. .it is normal. My semen report is also normal .one doctor suggest us to do the HSG hysterosalpingogram test. I want to ask that is this test is necessary or is there any options available?
Hello, I am 24 years old female, married.I am advised to take Susten 200 and Duphaston 10 mg from 18th day of cycle, I just want to know how many days I can take this medicines becoz Dr. given 20 medicines each for 20 days but if I get period in between what can I do then, can I continue taking if period comes or stop this. I am just confused please suggest.
My wife is pregnant 4th semester running. She is suffering on dry cough continues. Please suggest medicine.
What is the correct method for blood test for pp n fasting what time one should eat dinner for fasting test next day? Two n half hours from the first bite or the last bite for pp? Pl clarify! and what should be the breakfast and dinner before going for blood sugar test?
Heavy or prolonged bleeding during menses is medically known as 'menorrhagia'. It is more common as you approach menopause but can occur at any age. The bleeding has to be severe enough to interfere with your daily activities.
The cause could be hormonal, pregnancy complications, bleeding disorder or a structural lesion like a fibroid, polyp, endometriosis or adenomyosis.
In advanced age cancer of the uterus or cervix has to be ruled out.
Symptoms of heavy periods
- Soaking a pad or tampon every 2-3 hrs or less in a day
- Passage large blood clots during menstruation
- Your period lasts more than seven days
- You become anemic due to excessive blood loss
How to manage excessive bleeding
- Maintain a record: Maintain a record of the no of days and pattern of heavy bleeding.
- Increase your intake of fluids and salt: You should increase your intake of fluids and especially salty fluids during heavy menstruation. You can have vegetable juices like tomato juice as well as salty broths during such times. This will help you especially when your blood volume goes down (which is characterized by dizziness or pounding of heart) when you get up after lying down. Your body would need more than four to six cups on such a day.
- Increase the intake of iron: Increase your iron intake through natural sources like green vegetables, egg yolks, red meat, liver and dried fruits like raisins and prunes. You can also start an iron tablet once a day for faster recovery from anemia.
- Visit your gynecologist: A good history, few blood tests, and a simple ultrasound generally leads to the diagnosis. Sometimes a biopsy is required to rule out cancer. Multiple new drugs have been added in the last few years which have avoided the need for surgery.
An early diagnosis ends up with better results. Hence, it is important to act early. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.