Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. N SrinivasYour feedback matters!
My mom has foot pain where she can not even walk properly we took an appointment and have done several test but no one suggested for an x-ray should I take an x-ray all t detect the reason for pain Thank you.
I have back pain problem and due to this I am not able to sleep from last 2 days. Please guide me for necessary things which should be followed for relief.
Hi, I am Joginder, My wife Ms. Sangeeta 25 years old, has affected with irritability and pain her belly and also pain in arms and legs very much. Kindly advice, what should I do?
I am getting knee pains and above my right knee getting swelling I am a diabetic, but under control.
I am suffering from severe back pain due to the laparoscopy done to me to clear the cyst formed on the right ovary. This is my old health issue now a days I am also suffering with heart palpitations and breathing problem. I have done checkups both chest X Ray and ECG reports were found with no abnormalities. My doctor suggested me with multivitamins Minerals capsules I am using right now. I want to know what tests to undergo for the back pain and reasons for palpitations and difficulty in breathing.
Hi iam farooq iam 25 year old my xry is normal problem is back pain and 12 th rib pain last 6 month what can I do?
Mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region is known as lumbago or back pain. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic, if it has lasted over three months. People who do a lot of physical exertion are often affected by it. Also back pain occurs as you age
There are a variety of reasons for back pain. Some of them are listed below
- Strain: Majority of the cases related to back pain occur due to strain in many parts of the body. These include:
- Strained ligaments
- Strained muscles
- Improper lifting
- Lifting something too heavy in an incorrect posture
- A muscle spasm
- Abrupt or awkward movement
- Structural problems: Problems such as bulging discs (a disorder of the rubbery disk within the bones of the spine), arthritis, abnormal curvature of spine (a condition in which the spine curves downward), osteoporosis (bones becoming brittle and weak) and ruptured discs (almost similar to bulging discs).
- Cauda equina syndrome (a condition in which the spine nerve roots get compressed)
- Infection in spine
- Cancer in spine
- Sleep disorders
- Awkward postures
Symptoms of back pain include:
- Stiff back
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, characterized by pain in the hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression in a slip or intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
- Numbness in legs
How to treat it
Treatment for back pain is dependent on the type and severity of pain as well as the patient’s medical history. A large majority of cases of back pain take a recovery time of around six weeks without surgery. Exercises for relieving back pain are common elements of a treatment plan. Typical treatment of back pain involves use of muscle relaxants, pain killers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and cease of activity would cause the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest might lead to weakening of muscles and hence, prolong the back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapy is used to reduce inflammation and it is utilized according to the patient’s preference.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available, such as Acetaminophen and Diclofenac. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. It is to be noted that every medication has its own risks and side effects.
Role of Physiotherapy in Treating Back Pain:
In physiotherapy, the general goal of this treatment is to reduce pain in parts of the body; be it in the arms, legs or back. In the age we live in, where most of us are sitting in one place, hunched on our laptops, we are bound to get a back pain. Some pains are temporary and can go away with some sound sleep. The more severe back pains are usually chronic and can hamper your productivity.
The various approaches that are used to cure back pains with physiotherapy are:
- Ice/heat packs
- Ultrasound therapies
- TENS units
These are called passive approaches as these are being done to the patients.
The other approaches that are mostly exercise based are mostly done to rehabilitate the spinal cord. This approach is usually a cocktail of the following:
- Strengthening Exercises For Back Pain: Certain prescribed exercises such as lumbar stabilization or other exercises should be done for about fifteen to twenty minutes on a regular basis to strengthen your back muscles. These strengthen your core muscles and help in lower back pain as well. These can help in relieving pain if done right. This is why you should get directions from professionals or qualified physical therapists.
- Stretching Exercises For Back Pain: It is advised to stretch your hamstring muscles every now and then if you suffer from back pain. It is a very simple form of stretching but you may forget to do it every day. This is why you should schedule your exercises and adhere to the schedule. Incorporate it into your daily routine. There may be other stretches that you can look into or consult your physical therapist to advice you on.
- Heat and Cold Therapies: It is one of the most common types of therapy that is used and is mostly used towards the initial period of pain. While some may find heat therapy more useful, others may resort to cold therapies. Sometimes, people use alternate therapy. This therapy is recommended to be performed once in every two hours. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.