Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N.Prasanna Kumar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. N.Prasanna KumarYour feedback matters!
Due to the break up my friend is depressed she do not take her diet properly and becoming Insomniac.
My case may take your time but I request you to pay attention now we are a family of five as I just got married. My parents relationship were not healthier since starting. But they do love both of us. I left my home in 2006 for college and then job and it impacts my mother mind hard. Since 6-7 years I am noticing she lost her confidence. She keep standing in the kitchen for 3-4 hours and doing nothing. Starts looking the roof and start laughing and she never eat food with anyone. It' s not that my father is a bad guy. We all tried to understand her mindset but not possible. Now my sister also moved out of karnal for job and now just my parents are left at home. Now when I see my mom, I want to help her. I don' t know what exactly is going in her mind and she never shared her feelings. She just keep calling me and ask for my health and food. I do worry for her and she is not in good state of mind. I saw her sometime talking to wall or something. My father also tries to help her but we don' t know how to handle or do? i' m ready to do anything just to bring her back to normal. Please help!
Good morning I have some problem of forgetting soon due to which I get depressed every time unable to concentrate on education and carrier should I need psychartist ?
With age, most body organs begin to deteriorate in their function. This happens to the brain also, thereby reducing the overall speed of functioning of most organs. While slowing of bodily movement is visible, the internal organs functioning also slows down, which is not that obvious. Memory loss or dementia is one of the main manifestations of this degeneration of the brain.
Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, and the associated symptoms includes reduced reasoning abilities and cognitive defects. Though it is seen only in the elderly, not all elderly people will have Alzheimer’s. The overall quality of life of the affected person is reduced with difficulty remembering things that were recently learned. It is a progressive disease and as it gets more severe, a full-time caretaker may be required.
Causes: The brain cells are affected by protein masses known as plaques and tangles. These hamper the way communication between the brain cells happens as well as affect nutrition from reaching all parts of the brain. This leads to shrinking of the brain, eventually leading to memory loss and other problems. There is also a strong genetic linkage, as most people with Alzheimer’s have the lipoprotein A gene.
Symptoms: Though memory loss is the most common symptom, there are other symptoms:
- Being confused about places, people, and times
- Inability to find the right words during conversations
- Regular objects are misplaced
- Becoming irritable, (in someone who was not so previously)
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
- Inability to organise thoughts
- Not able to make the right decisions
- Repetitive talks and actions
- Forgetfulness (not something the person always does)
- Difficulty with numbers (again, not something calculations
- Difficulty managing everyday tasks and minor problems
- Suspicion of others (like immediate family members and friends)
Risk factors: While age is definitely a risk factor, the fact that not all aged people develop Alzheimer’s is to be borne in mind. Other risk factors include the history of stroke, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, obesity, and poor lifestyle choices.
Diagnosis: While there is no definitive way to diagnose Alzheimer’s, symptoms along with brain scans and neuropsychological function testing are useful ways to confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment: This is aimed at two things reducing the rate of disease progression and treat (or reverse) symptoms if possible.
Cholinesterase inhibitors improve cellular communication in the brain and also manage depression and agitation. Memantine is used to slow the pace of disease progression.
In people with the disease, small changes are useful to help them with the symptoms. These include keeping essential things like keys and wallet in the same place, keep a daily diary to help them remember things, keep pictures of friends and family within visible distance.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello Dr. My problem is whenever I go outside I feel anxiety till on the way back to home. 2. If weather is hot and humid then also feel anxiety 3. Less interest in other activities means laziness. 4. Wherever I get anger feel tightness between the eyebrows. 5. Negative thoughts for any work. Please guide me to come out of this.
My daughter short type memory what can I do her mind study she learn but after some time his mind blank.
I am unable to concentrate on my studies as my exams are near when I use to study my attention goes some where else please help me.
Depression is an addictive state, which is hard to get rid of. Everybody who suffers from it encounters it in an unexpected way, yet we all agree that it can be a major well-being issue. It makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when you can't demonstrate your feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with your productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Never Say 'You're Too Much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much," particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful.
- Try not to Shame People for Being Negative: Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do Understand That Depression Doesn't Mean "Trouble": Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Do Validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs.
Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.