Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. N.Prasanna KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm working in company in morning shift. Work is just to sit and make reports, but by sitting for 9 hours my body is paining very badly so what should I do?
Hi. I am 21, I have completed my graduation. Now I wanted to continue my career as a model. Bt my parent want me to study for civil services. I know that I am not at all gud in studies. I know that I can't handle this. But my mother don't like modelling as a career for me. Everyonesays that I am for modelling. I am photogenic, and I love dis. Now I understand, what I actually want to be. please hlp me. What should I do.
I have stammering problem and I am not slept well daily. So my eye also not shown clearly. I have depression also. I want to like all persons but my life is full struggling. I am hating my life totally . I want to become very famous lawyer. Now I am studying law. Please help me some tips give me
I am 24 years old and suffering from a Stress management, but,also I have been through unsuccessful life .so please give an Idea in order to follows successfully life. And also provide the requirement to follow.
Madam/Sir, I always smokes and drink that's why occurring cough and chest pain. But still I can't leave it. Give me some ideas to avoid smoke.
Im 18 years old and about a year ago i had a bad accident.After that i was in bedrest for about 5 months.Now i have completely recoverd.But after that im having problems with myself.Sometimes im happy and sometimes i feel angry without a reson,kind of lose my mind and this happen 100 times a day.Im sick of myself.Plz tell me what to do.
I am 22 year girl firstly I was experiencing tremor than I feeling somewhat kind of little dizziness is it parkinson.
For e.g.I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to may self all that time may help me.
Nowadays I am loosing memory I can't believe how is this possible please help me doctors anyhow I can't tolerate this because of I am in loss now.
Hello.I want to ask you that my little brother in his sleep got shocked sometimes like he is seeing a really bad dream.I thought he got feared from something or i dont know.He is getting black circles below his eyes.Please suggest me something.
The World Health Organization defines Alcoholism as, "chronic continual drinking, frequent episodes of intoxication, and preoccupation with alcohol, despite the adverse affects of it. It lays the perspective Alcoholics Anonymous (1939)-that alcoholism, characterized by the individual’s loss of control over drinking and thus over his or her life, was a "sickness"-was carried into the scholarly literature in the 1950s in the form of the disease concept of alcoholism."
Alcoholism is on the rise as per the current global scenario. In fact, one of the main concerns after cigarette smoking is that of consuming excessive alcohol. Those who consume alcohol in an excessive quantity often create health hazards for themselves, and their behaviour makes it difficult for those who live in their immediate surroundings. For most people, a rehabilitation centre is the only option to treat alcoholism. But this is not so.
Homoeopathy too can effectively treat the problem of alcoholism. There are certain medicines which work wonders in getting you rid of this bad habit.
- Nux Vomica: When your alcoholism is in its earliest stages, then it becomes easier to leave this addiction. For those people who have just started to fall prey to alcohol, Nux Vomica is a wonder medicine. It is administered for faster relief against your drinking problem. It starts showing its effects within a month’s time.
- Sulphur: Sulphur is a medicine which helps in curing many health issues. It is mostly prescribed to those who have started experiencing liver issues due to excessive drinking. One of the vital organs of the body, the liver, is affected when you drink excessively. Thus, to prevent degeneration of the liver, sulphur is usually prescribed.
- Cannabis Indica: Marijuana is often treated as a medicinal plant. There are many extracts derived from this plant which is later on used to make many useful medicines. One such homoeopathic medicine is Cannabis Indica. It helps in not only detoxing the body against the ill effects of alcoholism but also helps in preventing associated symptoms to show up.
- Natrum Mur: This medicine is derived from the extracts of what you know to be simple common salt. Once consumed it helps in blood cell production, cellular regulation, and albumin production. These help in coping up with extreme alcoholism. At times, alcoholism is triggered in people due to depression. Natrum Mur also helps in coping up with depression.
- Avena Sativa: This is derived from the oat leaves. Just as oats themselves are considered to be one of the healthiest foods to consume, this medicine made from the oat leaves is no less. It helps to relax the senses and detoxifies the body against alcohol.
- Acid Sulph.: A marvelous medicine if the patient has the family history of alcholism.
- Quercus: Works wonderfully in mother tincture form.
Thus, these are some of the most important medicines that are administered on those who suffer from the problem of alcoholism. If you or any of your near ones have fallen prey to this habit, then it is recommended that you immediately take help of your homoeopathic practitioner to help you out of alcoholism.
Note: There are certain organizations that are actively helping people with alcholism and their families. A few are:
- Alcholic anonymus
- Al-anon family group
Depression is a mental-emotional disorder that reflects signs of severe sadness, pessimism and a general indifference towards life. There are major changes in physical activities as well. It is a little difficult to identify in the initial stages and it can move on to a more serious condition wherein a person turns suicidal. People suffering from depression may intentionally inflict physical pain on themselves as an outlet to relieve their psychological suffering.
Symptoms of Depression
Loss of interest towards their hobbies.
A laidback, indifferent attitude towards life.
Irritability for causes unknown.
Sudden weeping outbursts.
Inability to concentrate on something for a long period of time.
Inability to apply the mind to work.
Lack of rational or logical thinking.
Causes of Depression
A sad, difficult event in life. For example, a major failure, loss of a loved one, separation from a loved one, a disturbed family life or any other form of tragedy.
Reaction to certain medication that has affected the neuro-transmitters or bio-chemicals present in the brain.
Hormonal imbalance, especially during the peri-menopausal (marked by the ovaries secreting lesser oestrogen) years of a woman.
Any physical disability or chronic illness such as cancer can contribute to depression.
Treatment for Depression
Counselling sessions with a psycho-therapist.
Consultation with a neurologist.
Spiritual healing through chants, guidance, positive thoughts.
Spending time with friends, loved ones.
Healing Depression With Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a natural and non-toxic remedy for several diseases. The major advantage of homeopathy over other medication is that it does not cause any adverse side effect. It is safe and can be used at all ages without worrying about any detrimental consequence. Homeopathy is known to be very effective in treating depression. Homeopathy medicines are prescribed after a thorough study of the symptoms. Homeopathy first treats the symptoms and then provides relief; for example, the constant mental exhaustion or some unexplained physical pain. It then works on the cause of the disease. In this case, the medicines will affect and treat the hormonal disorders or neurological disorders. Following this, homeopathy medicines will try to prevent the onset of depression in future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hi, mere son ko problem hai ki vo sote sote dar jata hai aur uth ptang bolne lag jata chikne chilane lagta hai please reply I am waiting.
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High sugar level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or unexplained body pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and emotional abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable expectations and feasible goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.