Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. N.Prasanna KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I am 26 years old. I don't like to meet anyone. I feel comfortable to spend time along. I get angry at small topic. I want to do study but when I sit to study I can" t concentrate. I can not be mainly and physically prepare for wedding. I'm feeling that I will be made.
Hello sir/mam, There is a problem with me, I am just 24 years old, and at this age I have a memory problem, I forgot many things, can you tell me what kind od medicine I take for this problem.
I think I am having Alzheimer , recently I read an article from the internet and found almost every symptom in myself , how can I get rid of it by myself.
My age is 23 year and I m student. I have a problem relating to understand any topic. I read and learn all the topics but after some weeks or months forget all. What should I do?
My son is 12 years old mostly he pass urine on bed at night and his memory is too week, that this reason of his week memory.
Dear sir I feel pain in my body some times ago I was feeling pain in my ribs and I consulted a Dr. he prescribed omeprazole and now I don't feel same pain but now I feel pain in my right arm and this pain I feel circulate to my head and neck. Some time I feel pain in chest and also below knee to toe in left leg. I am taking ayurvedic medicine before sleep. I don't feel that pain when I wake up in morning. Sometimes from 10 am. Please give me your valuable suggestions. I am worried I want your inputs so that I can follow to get rid of this pain.
What is the symptom of flu. From few days there is laziness and pain in body. Sometimes in night there is fever also.
I am 26 years old male, and have been suffering from severe depression for the last 6 months. I am feeling low all the time and I am unable to focus on things that I care about. Is there any medication that could help in easing my depression, at least a bit?
I used to smoke every day thrice. I had this habit about four years. Is there any problem with my child. I'm 18 years old.
Hi Becoming emotional for every incident. Particularly when have to leave people. Can not stop crying. Age 63'?
I am staying separate from wife for about 5 years now due to legal issues. Now when the case is about to come to an end chances are becoming to get reunited. Apart from her mental/ emotional state. Is there any way to make out if she was leading active sexual life in past 5 years.
Mujhe sareer mai bahut dard rahta hai aur mujhe koi bhi cheez bahut jaldi bhul jaata hai aur mujhe humesa lagta hai ki mere jeb se kuchh gir gaya hai aur mere andar confidence ki kami hai mai har kaam kai baar karta hu.
I am becoming mad. I think. I am thinking wrong about my parents and thinking all bad God's I don't knw why I try to stop but can't.why this is happening does smoking hashish made me like this. Please answer little briefly.
Technology may be a boon for your love life as due to technology a number of means of communication have evolved, which keep you connected with your loved one in the form of devices, software and applications. However, in spite of its benefits, they are plenty of things that come with technology, which can completeely ruin your love life. Here are some signs that technology may be creating trouble in your paradise:
- You may waste your time checking photos of ex-girlfriends and love interests. You may check out a picture of an ex on her Facebook profile and wonder about a new guy present in the picture. The same may happen with a present lover. These activities create unnecessary complications in your mind which may harm your relationship with your partner.
- You end up spending more time with your smartphone than with your partner. This may affect your relationship, as you are too engrossed with checking social media websites and posting updates instead of paying attention to your partner, who is right by your side.
- Sexting is a common trend in today's world where the exchanging of nude photos between a couple takes place via messengers and chatting platforms. This can be worrisome as you may always be concerned about your pictures getting leaked or exposed.
- You may become technologically clingy. Your partner may have texted you, and you have not been able to reply in spite of reading the text. Modern technology enables a person to see when you have read their message and when there is no response, the speculations creep in. These situation lead to host of other problems.
- It is easy to lie about something online or via texting than saying it face to face. Technology allows you to lie and make untrue statements, which are not true in real life. This creates dishonesty within a relationship.
- With technology, you have too many options at hand and this makes situations difficult. In case you want to go for a dinner with your partner, you might spend hours searching for a good restaurant by going through the ratings online.
- You may spend a lot of time deciphering text messages. Modern day texting is full of abbreviations, short forms and emoticons. Some of these may make you over think stuff, and you may try to decipher meanings from normal texts, which actually have no twisted meaning.
- With so many forms of social media, you may be confused about what to use at which stage or phase. You may think whether you should text first, should you add an interest on Facebook and should you comment on a picture. All this creates confusion and honestly there is no real conversation between you and your partner.
There is no doubt that modern technology has taken the level of communication to a new level. Technology plays significant role in keeping in touch with your friends and loved ones sitting thousands of miles away by bringing them close. But it is high time that you realize that technology is something that has driving you away from your loved one. Make an attempt to have some personal conversations without your phones, laptops and tablets. Watch a movie, go on long drives or late night walks and reignite the love and passion in your relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Emotions are our feelings. Sometimes we are happy & sometimes sad, sometimes angry & upset, sometimes calm & contented. Joy, sorrow, fear, grief, anger, jealousy, love etc are normal human emotions which every individual experiences. These emotions are there in everyone, but how one reacts to the emotions vary from person to person, based on his tolerance level, coping skills, patience etc. Anger is one such emotion, which do us harm if not controlled. One does not have control over his emotions, but has control over his actions.
Anger is a basic emotion which every human being experiences in response to life events or situations. If out of control it may harm in aspect of career, relationships & varied aspects of life, and also brings in feeling of insult, frustrations, disappointment, & other negative feelings within. Try the following measures to control your anger:
1) First realize & acknowledge that you have the anger outburst problem, & stay aware & cautious about it in all situations.
2) Try to understand your own emotions especially those events, situations etc that triggers your anger. Whenever you face any such situations, stay alert & calm, try to avoid it or control it.
3) When you are angry, take a short break, move away from that place if possible, have a cup of tea or coffee etc to calm your mind.
4) Whenever you are feeling angry, try to interrupt the anger cycle in the following way:
a) At that moment do not talk & try to divert yourself & control your anger first. In the state of anger you may say or do things which you may regret later after you calm down.
b) Try to distract your mind by visiting a favorite website, listen a song on your cell phone, do something that comforts you or daydream about an activity of choice etc.
c) Use countdown to distract your mind- start counting backwards from 100 to 1.
d) Use physical relaxation techniques like deep breathing exercise.
e) Use mental relaxation techniques like positive thinking & imagery, where you imagine anything that gives you happiness.
f) Just talk to someone with whom you feel comfortable and relaxed.
g) Take your anger as a humor & laugh it away.
Try till your anger calms down.
5) If any person or situation is triggering your anger repeatedly talk to the concerned person when you are in a calm & relaxed state of mind, or work on solving the problem.
6) Work on increasing the calmness of your mind, so that you do not break down easily in any situation. For that do physical activities like regular exercise, yoga, meditation, relaxation techniques like deep breathing exercise daily. Sleep adequately & maintain a healthy lifestyle.
7) Avoid substance of abuse like alcohol, cannabis etc, as these substances reduces frustration tolerance & makes the mind restless easily.
8) Try to be good listener & develop good communication skills, as proper communication solves many problems.
9) Learn to assert yourself, express your feelings calmly & directly, without becoming hostile & defensive.
10) Do not try to suppress your anger, but try to solve it. As suppressing anger leads to anxiety, depression, & other detrimental effects on the body within.
If after trying above also you are not able to control your anger, then seek professional help. Consult a Psychiatrist who will evaluate you & advice you medicines or counseling sessions accordingly.