Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. N. LalithaYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years old. Recently started high BP Problem. I have consulted the doctors. They have advised medicines. For a precaution, to keep BP Normal in future or from diet point of view, what would you suggest?
My mother in law suffered from heart blockage problem n blockage in brain too n suffered from paralysis attack so m worried about her diet so pls Dr. suggest me which food she hv to focused n which is to be avoid. And she like non veg diet a lot. Will it be still good for her health pls suggest me. Thanks.
I am 27 years lady. I hav 2 children. I lose my temper and do start blame others for everything happened in my life. I do fight with my husband for tiny issues and whoever I fight I repeat previous fights also and try to blame him for every fight. Do I need a psychiatric.
I was suffering from jaundice 10 days back. Now my reports are normal. Can I go back to my normal diet specially non veg?
My chest left side is paining sine last 3 weeks and I am not able to sleep properly please help me with it.
My blood pressure reading is 140/100 n feeling mild pain in chest. Suggest some easy solution. Plzzzx.
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.
I am having BP and Diabetic and I take the following medicines Metmofin 1 in the morning along with losakind H but of late I have ED problems plus I get cuts on the foreskin could you please tell if this happens because my sugar level goes up which at times is around ave 170 to 180 pl suggest as to what I should do? I am also taking some herbal drugs like himalayas karela lasun gokushara and some unicare drugs for ED.
My BP is currently in the region of 160-150/92-81. Is it safe to continue like this without taking medicine, and just trying to sleep more.
I am 49 yr old male dm2 + htn since 10 yrs. Pressure normal 130/ 80 with medication repace 25mg + stamlo (amlodipine) 2.5mg and blood glucose control pp 120 with zoryl 1mg at the time of break fast but fasting readings vary between 6.5 - 7.5. I take metformin extended release 1000mg after supper. But the fasting readings never fall below 6.5. I am sports enthusiast and play badminton thrice a week at expert level. With exercise in the evening the reading tend to rise as my intake goes up. Please advise me any long acting glucose control medicine for 24 hrs control well within 5.8. My hb1ac has always been well below 7.0 mostly remains 6.5. If hb1ac readings are well with in the range can ignore the fasting readings or is it equally important to maintain the fasting reading below 5.8 to prevent cardiac issues later. I also take cholesterol lowering drug fibator - half tab to maintain my ldl well below 80. Should you need any further details please write to me. Last but not the least use of sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug in the morning some cause hypo close to lunch time. I am worried of the side effects of this drug in long term. Kindly advise me alternate if any to this. My staple food is rice with daal, curry and curds. Pure veg
I am 21 years old. I am suffered unnecessary mind upset and increase heart beat and I feel inconvenient in all and I did not get regular period in every month. But my uncle was a doctor. He say I am suffered by blood infection in stating level. Please give powerful home remedies .Because I am a poor family. So kindly tell me what can I do. Please give solution doctor.
Hi. I am 26 year old male. And since 5-6 days I am having a vibration like effect in my upper left chest area. It occurs on random timings and lasts for sometime or even couple of hours. First I thought this is due to acidity but isn't. I also have minor cough. Current heart rate - 76-80 BPM I want to know due to what this is occurring and the solution to this. I am quite worried about it.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Cay you suggest what should be done?
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.