Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MurthyYour feedback matters!
Hi my name is narender singh chomu. I am 25 years IT guy. I have back pain problem last some months. Will physiotherapy help in this?
Hi I am 53 years old having neck, skull and shoulder bone pain. I have taken 12 session electro-magnetic therapy from a physiotherapist and doing regular exercise as advised by him. It has already been passed 3 months. I was not moving my head front to side. After this, I was feeling a little better but not completely wiped out. Now, my bone in left side shoulder to neck is paining. 2 knots in back side skull immediately above neck is paining. Sometimes the roof of skull is mild paining. I don't know to whom I will take advise - orthopedics - nuero medicines, or ent. Sometimes, I feel the vein in all side of neck is affected. Please advise me. Thanks & regards,
I am 55 years old male. I am getting pain in the middle and next finger at the tip and by the side of the nails. It is subsiding automatically after some time. Some time the pain is very acute and at other times the pain is bearable.
I am having very severe knee pain problems on my right knee from the past many months, due to which I cannot walk much & also unable to stand for a longer period/duration due to such knee pain. The X-ray reports of my both the knee (as on dated 26.10.2016) says the under-mentioned three things: 1. Digitogram reveals mild OA changes noted involving both knee joints. 2. The patella-femoral compartments show early affection. 3. Joint spaces of the knees are normal. I had tried lots & lots of medicines from the past two years in order to reduce my severe knee (joint) pain problems, but all the medicines had totally/completely failed & none of them had really worked or had helped me or either reduced my severe knee pain problems. I had also gone to many best orthopaedics doctors (nearly six to seven) of Kolkata during these past two years but the medicines prescribed by all of them (i.e these orthopaedics doctors) had not really helped me, even in the least manner or to the least level. I have heard from lots of people that, the medicine named" Macvestin"is very good & extremely helpful in reducing severe & continuous knee (especially joint) knee pain problems. Should I start taking this" Macvestin"tablet/medicine. If yes, then which" Macvestin"tablet should I start with i.e either 500 mg or 1000 mg. Please advice. How many tablets should I consume within 24 hours i.e one tablet or two tablet - i.e within a day. Is this tablet is to be taken/consumed - after eating breakfast, lunch or dinner. Please advice/suggest my all these above-mentioned queries in detail - in my email id i.e"krishnakumar. Chaturvedi@gmail.com"My mobile no. Is" 9674458740"& your goodself can make a call to my mobile no. On any day & at any time. KRISHNA KUMAR CHATURVEDI.
I am suffering from a situation having mild pain in my neck originating from lower shoulder on left side, it's sort of stiff neck. Is it because of stress and tension that I take? This has originated 3 days back. Along with this I am suffering from stomach upset and also some kind of small burning and tingling sensation of tongue.
My mother had a fracture two years ago in her left foot. Recently she is getting pain on her right foot. Doctors are saying that the Greece is less. She is aged 62. What exercise she can do and is there any need of operation?
I Have regular pain below knees for the last 7 years and pain below elbows for the last 1 year. Please advise doctor.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.
I have got hurt in my wrist and i'm unable to move it. I think it had been swollen too. Please help.
Sir I am a desk worker, I have severe back pain for last 6 months. Please suggest me a solution to solve this.
My grandfather is having osteoarthritis. In addition to medication; what Non-pharmacological treatment options he should follow? And which type of foods he should stop taking?
I am 55 years old suffering from rhemotiod arthritis suffering from pains in my fingers please suggest me some solution.
A pain in the neck or back can restrict movements and hamper your lifestyle. These are both common pains that may or may not be a symptom of a more serious illness. Neck pain can be caused by a number of factors including stress, whiplash, inflammatory infections, mechanical disorders and metabolic disorders. The main causes for a backache are vertebral column diseases, spinal cord infections, abnormal posture, heavy lifting etc.
Homeopathy is one of the most holistic forms of treatment that can be used to treat pain in the neck or back. Homeopathic treatment has no side effects and is based on individual mental and physical symptoms showcased. Homeopathy do not address the pain itself but treats the underlying cause thus ensuring that it does not recur.
Some common homeopathic remedies for neck pain and backaches are:
- Calcarea flour: This is used to treat pains that arise from the hardening of cervical glands. Such pain tends to deteriorate in cold weather and worsens when the patient is lying down. Heat can be soothing to such backaches and neck pains.
- Bryonia: This is used typically to treat backaches that are worsened by any movement and for a stiff back. This sort of back ache is often relieved by resting or lying on a hard surface.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy for pains that follow an injury. When it comes to backaches and neck pains it can be used to treat soreness and straining of ligaments. It is also beneficial against the feeling of being bruised.
- Fluoric acid: This can be used to treat rigidity and a feeling of stiffness around the nape of the neck. Such pain is often associated with numbness of the neck and forearm.
- Hypericum: This is a useful homeopathic remedy for compressed injuries and nerve pain. It can be used to treat back aches caused by disc compression, canal stenosis, myelopathy and radiculopathy. Hypericum can also be used to treat jerking muscles.
- Kali carb: If your back feels weak and you experience sharp pains, Kali carb may be help alleviate your pain. Such pain is usually associated with a burning sensation and causes excessive sweating. Kali carb is also suited to treating backaches during pregnancy. You can also take the package for Reducing Joint/Muscle Pains.
Along with medication, try maintaining a good posture to help reduce neck pains and backaches. Avoid lifting heavy weights and travelling long distances. Applying hot and cold packs over the area can also help reduce the intensity of the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.