Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Muralidharan JayakodiYour feedback matters!
My son is 5+ year. His weight is 13+kg. (d.o.b=1-11-11. He is very much active also. His daily routine diet is. Morning m 9: 30=fruit break Then 11 am=1butter paratha, sabji 2: 15 pm =1 glass milk 3: 30 pm= 2 butter chapati, sabji 7: 30 pm= snacks (biscuit, chips etc) 10:15 pm=2 chapati, sabji.ya (1 chapati, rice+sabji/dal) ***but usky sath k aur baccho k according bahut jada patla hai. Kya y diet usky liy thik hai. I am very worried about him or agr koi supplement hai to please btaye. Or 5 + bachhay ka Kya wait hona chahiye.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
We have twins age 4 month for whom which milk (from below list) is good for health 1) Desi cow milk 2) jersey (hybrid) cow milk 3) mother's milk 4) lactogen 1 milk Reason to ask this question is mother's milk is not sufficient for twins of 4 month age Please advise.
My son is 15 months old. For the last one week he has developed a habit of getting irritated at anything for most of the times in a day and he keeps screeching. Also, he has started avoiding eatables and is not at all interested in taking food by any means. Is it normal in this period of infancy or he needs some kind of extra efforts from us. Please advise. Thanks,
Hi Doctor, My wife delivered a male baby clinically complete healthy from yesterday baby doing around 10-12 times latrine and bit of vomiting after feeding is this common symptoms during first month.
I am 12 year old, fungal infection in my tounge since five year. What can I do. Which medicine take.
My daughter is about 6 years old. She have hearing problem, as per bera test doctors says that the problem will be cleared as her age grown up. But I feel that her hearing ability is constantly getting down. Please give some suggestion. If you want to see beta test report please help.
My Son, 11 months old doing potty 4 times in a day since 3 days & losing weight. His current weight is 7.5 kg. Please advise how to overcome from this.
I have a 18 months old son. He have brain infections during birth time. Now he has no devlopment. Can you help me.
Hi Doctor. I have 7 months old baby, for the past three days I have chickenpox symptoms (a small bubbles arises) please suggest me what your do. (since my baby is n breastfeeding)
Do babies have body pain due to continuous travelling? If yes what should I do? My baby is 5 and half months old and we are suppose to travel a lot! Please help me.
Is it possible for my 9 month old kid to loose 500mg of weight in 1 month. She weighed arround 8.2 kgs one month back now she is 7.5 kg. She is active in all aspects crawls, giggles, baby talks, but is very fussy about eating. We struggle to make her feed. Hence we are worried. She passes stool almost everyday and urination is fine. Is this loss of weight normal.
My baby is 3 months old. He is stooling after every breastfeed. What is the reason for this and how to overcome this problem?
How to check that 1.5 month baby is taking complete breast feed. It was normal delivery of our baby. My wife is not satisfied after feeding the baby and mentally disturb due to this which is not good for both mother and baby. My wife says that after 2 hr breast feed baby still licking his tongue which means he is still hungry. My doc suggest that we can give Nan 1C milk to baby if mother feels that baby is still hungry. But my wife do not want to give external milk. She is very disturbed. Please help us.
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.
What is the reason behind that a baby below six month should be fed with breast milk only for the first six months before given proper food to him/her.
My son 3 month old. We just returned from Goa to Bangalore. He is restless and taking feed properly. Constantly making sound like in pain and uneasiness.
Dr. my daughter will be 1 years by january 2017. She is fine and responds to everything and remember everything. The only worry for me is that though she crawls on her knees she hates walking. She stands by holding on to furnitures and other supports but still can't walk. Please help me dr.
Many parents mistakenly assume that baby teeth aren't important because they are eventually replaced by permanent teeth. In fact, early dental decay not only threatens the underlying secondary teeth, it can cause severe toothaches.
As soon as the first tooth comes in, parents should begin practicing preventive dental hygiene. Babies should not be permitted to fall asleep while nursing or sucking a bottle; this allows milk to pool in the mouth, and the sugar[lactose] in it can cause extensive tooth decay.
Offering a little water at the end of a feeding rinses any remaining milk from the baby's mouth. The gums and emerging teeth can be wiped gently with a gauze-wrapped finger.
Sugar is the major cause of childhood tooth decay; avoid offering sugary soft drinks and sweet snacks. A chunk of cheese or a piece of fruit are better alternatives that provide important nutrients without harming the teeth.