Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Speech Therapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
You asked: I am 18 year old, female. I have been suffering from stammering since childhood and normally with my family and other people I speak normally and hardly stutter but in public places when I am in situation such as in interviews, presentation etc I am hardly able to speak and sometimes the situation gets worse as I make faces while speaking and my stomach also squeezes. Go out of breath. So recently I was thinking to join a public speaking course or should I see speech therapist but I am confused as will it help me to improve?
I am 23 years old. I had stammering problem since the age of 7. I had attended speech therapy clas. But it is not during. please suggest me he the stammering will cure.
Sir, I am suffering from stammering since childhood age. Presently I am 27 years old and even suffering from severe stammering, due to which I am unable to find out suitable job for me. And In daily life stammering bothering me. I am in too much tension and need your help. Waiting for your reply hopefully.
Hi doctor. I am 16 year old boy and have voice problem. I have nice voice but sometimes lady voice comes sudden. Only for a single word and then back to my voice again. I mean that just for a second lady voice comes. Please help.
Sir, I Have face problem. Pimples,weak face;& voice problem (Low voice during speaking; thick voice )
I am unable to communicate with others freely. I hesitate to talk with any one also I doubt to speak. My childhood environment made me coward and I always think in negative manner and feel doubt that something is going to happen to me though it is not going to happen I always think my self to get rid of this type of thoughts but no progress at all. Please suggest me how to mingle with others freely and develop positive thinking and kick out my hesitation and coward ness.
I talk very loudly. People say I talk as if giving lectures. I have 40 decibels conductive hearing loss n both ears but I am able to manage it. I have issue only when people talking very softly. Pls guide.
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.