Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
I am working as a software professional. I have to be up to date with new technologies coming into market. But I am not able to concentrate on studies please suggest me how to get back my concentration on studies.
What is the right medicine of OCD , My wife face OCD since last 10 year, now she take Clomipramene -25 +75 mg per day before the she taken fluvoxamine from last 5 years as 100 mg per day
Hello doctor, actually I am habitual for mastrubutation and I want to get out from this situation. Please help me to out from this.
Having white discharge, is it possible to have it because of ovarian cyst because I have one ovarian cyst in right ovary of 4 cm and pcod in other ovary, I also have generalized epilepsy.
It is normal to feel nervous before an interview or be anxious about certain things, but letting that fear take over your life is not normal. If your worries and stress interfere with day-to-day life, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder. Fear not, this is treatable with homeopathy.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies to help calm an anxious person:
- Kali Phosphoricum: Kali Phosphoricum is potassium phosphate that helps calm people when overwhelmed by anxiety attacks. This is suitable for people who are easily stressed, over sensitive, insecure, irritable and despondent. It also helps deal with the after effects of grief and fright. Physical ailments such as fatigue, dullness and lack of energy that are a result of anxiety can also be treated with this biochemic salt.
- Aconite Napellus: Aconite Napellus is made from a purple flowering plant by the same name. It has a number of uses, primary among which is to control anxiety. This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for sudden, intense anxiety attacks and for post traumatic anxiety. It also helps deal with after effects of anxiety such as memory weakness, restlessness, oversensitivity and spells of rage.
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is also known as nitrate of silver. This is helpful in cases where anxiety makes a person insecure and unsure of what to do. When you're anxious, you are likely to crave for something sweet and feel very hot. Both these are cyclic symptoms of anxiety, and can worsen the situation, if not dealt with. However, Argentum Nitricum helps calm the digestive effects of sugar and cool the body to keep anxiety levels in check.
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum Album is a constitutional remedy that can treat both chronic and acute problems. This works well on people who are worried about safety and security. If issues like health, money and break-ins are the cause of your anxiety, this homeopathic remedy is ideal for you. It also helps deal with restlessness.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This is a homeopathic remedy made from the middle layer of sea shells that has a number of applications. When it comes to anxiety, Calcarea Carbonica is well suited for people who are scared of change and over controlling. This anxiety is accompanied by excessive sweating due to any exertion and stubbornness. Such people are also often afraid of animals and of the dark and get easily confused. One of the biggest advantages of homeopathy over allopathic treatment is the absence of side effects when taken in low doses.
However, even homeopathic medication can have side effects when taken in high doses. Therefore, it is a good idea to consult a doctor before self medicating.
I aged 39 years. My problems are. A) I don't recap the data or fact which have been done just before. B) I don't recap the name of people whom i know well. C) I forgetting the rout direction in moving way. D) I feel some hesitation in my middle head. E) Recently I feel headache in the back head and neck and it turned into left side after two day, i feel uneasy in my left eye and ear. Please discuss the fact and advice me what will i do. Thanking you.
We all realize that a person's well-being is a mix of physical and emotional health. It is never possible that a person suffering from major anxiety, depression, attention disorder, sleep disorders, stress, or mental trauma can have a perfectly normal physical health. The Bach Flower remedies are one of the well-proven methods of healing one's emotional imbalances, helping mankind achieve happiness and joy.
Dr. Edward Bach discovered the benefits that flowering trees and plants can have on healing one's emotional problems. These became extremely popular in the 1930s and help a person to positively deal with negative emotions and behavior patterns. The overall result is an improved well-being, both emotionally and physically, leading to overall happiness.
How it works: Dr. Bach discovered 38 flowers, each of them contributing in some way to the emotional well-being of a person. Each flower improves emotional negativity in some way. These 38 include some of the common ones like pine, mustard, oak, and walnut to rare ones like larch, rock rose, etc. Each flower is associated with an emotion. For instance, pine is associated with guilt, mustard with deep gloom for no reason, elm with overwhelmed feeling due to loaded responsibilities, etc.
Bach flower remedies or BFRs as they are called, are solutions containing brandy and water. Dr. Bach believed that dew found on the flower petals had preserved the healing properties of the plant and can be used to heal. While the water contains extreme dilutions of this dew material, the brandy acts as a preservative.
There is a Bach questionnaire that needs to be answered. This will help identify the right flower remedies needed for a particular person. In a vast majority of cases, it would be a combination of 6 to 7 remedies that are combined to make a personalized combination. Over a period of time, the negative emotions will be replaced with positive ones. The safety and popularity of this remedy is so wide that children, elderly people, pregnant women, and even pets and plants have benefited from this.
How do you make your customized therapy?
Take an empty 30 ml bottle that has a dropper in the lid, which you can get at the local pharmacy store. To this, add two drops of each selected remedy. Alternately, you could also use 4 drops of the formula that is available pre-mixed, which works in most cases. To this bottle with drops of the flower remedies, add plain, mineral water. Take 4 drops of this at least 4 times every day.
This is an extremely popular and well-proven method of healing, with the Bach foundation continuing to propagate the teachings and remedy of Dr. Bach.
Dear consultant, my query is regarding the diagnosis and remedy for my friend who has been assisting his family business for many years and has earned consistently through this business to run the family. But in the past few years due to very negligible income through this business he has lost his interest but not willing to dispose this business to invest in new business because of the fear of loss and failure. He is not able to accept the reality and continues to ignore the ways to find new means of earning. However this is not easy also. All other family members are worried but he does not stress himself and is simply waiting for some bright solution to this. This behavior is normal or needs some treatment so as to enable him to run the family quite smoothly. He is married, aged 49 and has responsibility of two grown up children and very old parents. What should be the strategy he should follow from now onwards. Please advise accordingly.
Stress is a major factor that leads to various complications in most of the health conditions. Hence, it is essential to deal with stress because doctors emphasize that if you can manage your stress, then you are already halfway through the treatment. But with HIV building up in your body it can be challenging to stay stress-free.
Effect of stress on HIV patients
Evidence has been found after extensive research that death may increase at times by 22% when an HIV patient starts taking lots of stress. So you can guess from the number what a huge impact stress has on HIV. Some other studies had brought to light a different angle of the effect caused by stress on HIV. It is said that the CD4 count and viral load increases by many folds in patients who have HIV and are under stressful conditions which have made them fall into the clutches of depression.
Steps that can be taken to curb stress-
- As the first step, you must identify the reasons or factors that are leading you to take the stress. These factors may be straightforward ones and something from your day-to-day activities. For instance, some might feel depressed about consuming too many medicines for HIV on a daily basis while some others might feel stress out because of the financial strain imposed by the disease. Sometimes the stress results from emotional reasons like departing from a loved one or being separated from the mainstream life.
- Once you have identified the reason behind your stress, you must put in some effort to get back to your daily routine and make your day organized. Mostly, it happens that people tend to extend their hours of regular activities and mess up with their biological clock. This should be avoided. Always keep fixed hours for your sleep, work and other activities. Add appropriate physical activities and proper diet to your routine which will help with your general health and help with managing stress.
- You must also learn to handle your emotions. Seek help in this case by attending counseling sessions with trained professional, especially when it comes to managing your sex life. Talk to your doctor and get all your questions answered because sometimes lack of knowledge leads to the development of doubts which lead to anxiety and then depression. And most importantly, spend time with your loved ones to obtain complete stress relief. This is one of the best methods to have a positive outlook on life while suffering from HIV.
So, while under treatment for HIV make an effort to avoid stress entirely to improve the situation. Follow the advice of your doctor, take the necessary medications and adopt lifestyle changes to lead a happy life.