Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pathologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Daisy Vinaya Sagar
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Daisy Vinaya SagarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am having problem of full body. Like back pain, stomachache; eyes'ears all please just suggest me to get well.
Anyone can get shoulder pain, and the cause might be simple to serious. You may get shoulder pain because of minor injury, carrying too much weight on the shoulders, poor posture, and any underlying health condition. Sometimes the pain comes and goes on its own without any need of taking medicines, but at times, it becomes difficult to treat them.
Conditions which may lead to shoulder pain may include rotator cuff disorders, instability of shoulders, frozen shoulder, broken arm, broken collarbone, and acromioclavicular joint problems.
The following are a few common causes-
1. Rotator cuff disorder:
A rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles which surround the shoulder joint. Tendons are hard and rubbery cords that link muscles to bones. The rotator cuff holds the joint in the right position so that it can move in a desired and controlled way. There are different types of rotator cuff disorder, and each of them leads to various symptoms. But common aspects of the problem include:
- Pain which starts worsening during activities involving the arm above shoulder level. This may include brushing the hair.
- Pain occurring on the front side of the shoulder which tends to worsen during the night
- Ache that occurs on the front and side of the shoulder
Different types of rotator cuff disorders and their characteristics are as follows:
- Tendonitis and bursitis- Tendonitis refers to the swelling of tendon while bursitis is inflammation of the bursa. Bursa is the fluid-filled sacs that are typically placed on the joints and in between bones and tendons.
- Tears- A torn tendon or muscle cause possible weakness and severe pain in the arm and shoulder. Some people also feel a popping sensation when they move the shoulder.
2. Shoulder instability
The shoulder is a type of ball and socket joint and shoulder instability takes place when the ball part of the shoulder fails to fit in correctly in the socket. It can range from catching or slipping feeling to total shoulder dislocation where the ball entirely comes out of the socket.
3. Frozen shoulder
Also referred to as adhesive capsulitis, frozen shoulder is a painful and persistent stiffness present in the shoulder joint. This makes it very difficult for carrying out the full range of normal shoulder movements. Frozen shoulder takes place when there is swallowing, thickening, and tightening of the flexible tissue which surrounds the shoulder joint. This doesn’t allow enough space for the upper arm bone or humerus in the shoulder joint and makes shoulder movement painful and stiff. A person affected with frozen shoulder may find it difficult to carry out the daily chores such as driving, exercising, and sleeping in a comfortable position. Some people may find it absolutely impossible to move their shoulders at all. The symptoms of frozen shoulder can vary to a great extent, but it starts advancing at a gradual pace.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 64 years old male. Two years before I had an attack and recovered after implanting a stent. My blood sugar level is ~ 100 mg/dl in fasting and ~ 145 in post prandial. Blood pressure: 120/80 mm/Hg. cholesterol HDL: 42 mg/dl and LDL: 122 mg/dl. My height is 163cms and weight: 71kg. Daily I do tread mill walking for 50 minutes continuously and burns 400 calories. After exercise I feel very tired. What should be the speed of tread mill during exercise? At present I walk at a speed of 7 km/hour for three minutes and 8.4 km/hour jogging for two minutes. (This cycle for 50 minutes). Kindly guide whether I should reduce the exercise pattern to reduce my body pain or any thing else.
I am shashi rekha aged 40. My problem is frequently I'm getting body pains. I use balm and tablets but I'm not getting complete relief. Please tel me. What is the solution.
Pain in Buttock and leg when I am sitting and running and relief when I am sleeping. Sometime no pain. And burring in buttock.
Please suggest me for wife. Every time her body is paining. And she never sleeps at night. and also has fever daily. Can you please suggest me what I do?
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- an increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- a cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- if the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- for body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course.