Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. ChoudharyYour feedback matters!
I have noticed blood during stool start in morning. I have noticed from last two days. Out of 6 times motion, 3 times noticed blood during startup of stool. Kindly suggest what to do?
I have a desk job since an year, there was blood in stool few months back and little pain .now there is no blood or pain, but side of the anal hole seems to be little bulgy. What should I do? Please suggest me a lifestyle method to get rid of piles.
How to get rid of my oily and dull skin? Also the dark spots and the tanning issues. As I wash my face and after 5 or 10 min the oil gets coming on my face and my skin gets dull. How can I get rid of this problem?
I am fed up of my pimples. How can I get rid of my pimples? My skin is very oily also please help me give some solution.
Hello. My Body is in fair colour but my face is not the same. What precautions I have to take to make my face loos fair and glow. I am men of 49 years of age.
My hand is black from the half boy and from boy inner part of body is white. So whenever I wear sleeve less t shirt is's looking not gud. What I do for this.
Doctor I got itching over my root of penis and some black pigmentation on skin over should and upper arm give me a remedy pls.
Hi, I was too fair college days. But now my face looks dull and also fade my face colour with pimples also. How get back to my original colour. Could you please help me
Hai sir I am suffering with black spots on my face those are caused by pimples when I press them the pus comes from them nd some times little amount of blood also comes from it and then becomes as a black spots please plsss suggest some probable suggestions to reduce those spots nd now I came to know that don't bite or touch them with my fingers sir pls help me in reducing those spots nd lightning my face plsssss sirrr r madam.
I have pimples and dark spots on my face. My skin is oily skin. I used ointments as directed by physician. But there is no change. What should I do?
Most women love the idea of having healthy and silky skin that feels smooth to touch. However, due to a certain reasons, some women can have excessive, unwanted hair on their chest, hands and face. The pattern is similar to what is seen in men. This can be a major psychological problem. Read on to know more about some of the common reasons for this and how it can be managed:
Common causes behind it
Hair pattern is largely determined by genetic makeup and hirsutism is often caused by genes, hormones, or medication which is another main cause is the excessive amount of testosterone in women. Conditions like obesity, polycystic ovaries disease, ovarian tumours, adrenal tumours, Cushing’s syndrome and drugs like Danazol can cause excessive androgen hormones. Women with this condition may also have a deep voice, huge breasts, enlarged clitoris, severe acne and may also suffer from hair loss. These symptoms are collectively referred to as virilisation.
Ways to control hirsutism
The treatment is aimed at removing the unwanted hair and treating the underlying cause. A combination of medications and procedures can help in removing the excessive hair.
- Weight loss: Reducing weight makes the body produce less of the male hormone, and so hirsutism is controlled.
- Female hormone replacement: Birth control pills are a good choice for women who do not want to get pregnant. They control the androgen hormone production and reduce hair growth and other characteristics.
- Anti-androgens: Spironolactone is an anti-androgen which counters the effect of testosterone; however, these have side effects and self-medication is not advisable.
- Topical creams: The face is the major area of concern and so creams like eflornithine are useful to control hair growth on the face.
Depending on the patient’s severity of the problem and expectations, the following procedural options are available. While some of these can be done at home, others might require a visit to a doctor.
- Shaving: To be done repeated as and when the growth occurs.
- Tweezing: Isolated strands of hair can be removed with a tweezer.
- Waxing: This is useful in removing hair from large areas (chest, hands, etc.)
- Bleaching creams or lotions: The hair stays in place but is lightened in colour to give it a camouflaged appearance.
- Depilatory creams, lotions, or gels: These break down the hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
- Electrolysis: A small amount of electric current is applied to the hair follicle to destroy it, thereby controlling hair growth.
- Laser hair treatment: A small beam of highly concentrated light is applied to the affected area to damage the hair follicles and control hair growth.
Hirsutism is definitely not desirable, but there are definitely ways to manage the problems and get back to having a smooth, silky skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.