Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs Kamela SrideviYour feedback matters!
My wife facing menstrual problem since past 3 years we were treating her with several doctor but negative result please advise how to stop her heavy flow.
Hello Dr. I want to know that before period how many days is safe for sex and after period also so that for no pregnancy. And at this age how long should be do for sex to have good health.
You are just a few weeks away from the greatest joy of your life. As you keep counting moments, do not be afraid. The journey to the greatest joy can be a joyride too. Your doctor will take care ot your worries, clear all tour doubts. Just follow some simple dietary and exercise regimens, maintain basic hygiene and it will make things a lot easier for you.
1. Exercise regularly, after consulting your doctor e. G. Walking, yoga and meditation.
2. Maintain personal hygiene by bathing, brushing teeth, trimming nails regularly.
3. Wear clean, loose, comfortable clothes.
4. Keep surroundings clean.
5. Get enough sleep, minimum 8 hours.
6. Consult your doctor before taking any medicine and take them regularly.
The doctor will ask you to:
#take medications like folic acid during months 1-3, iron & calcium supplement from the 4th month onwards.
# get 2 tetanus toxoid (tt) injections after the 5th month, 4 weeks apart
# get your blood and urine tests done.
7. Visit your doctor for routine check up every month.
In case of emergencies such as severe abdominal pain or cramps, leaking of fluids from the vaginas even if there is no pain, swelling of feet or hands, bleeding from the vagina & decrease of foetal movement, contact your doctor.
1. Smoking & smoke filled surrounding, lifting heavy weights, wearing high heels.
2. Long journeys, crowded transport and bumpy rides. Consult your doctor before travelling.
3. Sex if you have unexplained bleeding, history of miscarriage or premature labour, pregnancy with twins or triplets or disorders of the placenta.
Consult your doctor regarding sex during pregnancy.
4. Getting up suddenly from the bed if you feel dizzy or giddy. First turn to the side, sit and then stand up slowly.
1. Avoid consumption of coffee, tea, preservatives (e. G ajinomoto, alcohol, spicy and fried foods.
2. Avoid excess taking salt intake in case of history of hypertension.
3. Take a diet that is rich in proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins. Foods that are rich in nutrients and could be taken during pregnancy are -
-proteins - milk, pulses, legumes, nuts, cheese, whole grains, soybean, egg, meat.
Green leafy vegetables, dry fruits, whole grains, dates, lean red meat, fish, poultry.
Berries, green leafy vegetables, beans, orange juice, broccoli, nuts, fortified cereals
Green leafy vegetables, milk & milk products like cheese, ice cream, curd, fish.
Oil, ghee, sweets in small quantities.
Vitamins, minerals- fruits (2-4 servings daily, vegetables (3 -5 servings daily)
Nausea, vomiting & acidity are common during pregnancy and can be managed by taking toast, biscuits, frequent small meals, medications and plenty of fluids.
Average weight gain during pregnancy
1st trimester: 1 kg
2nd trimester: 5 kg
3rd trimester: 5 kg
Total: 11 kg minimum
The weight gain depends on your weight prior to pregnancy.
I didn't got my periods till now and it was last came by September 10th I did a pregnancy test at home bt it's showing negative what does this mean?
My wife is 6 week pregnant And I can't control to do sex. But I do intercourse in side by side sleeping and doing slowly with softness. Is that any problem with her pregnancy or baby I am worried!
My fiancee period has delayed, her period details goes on like this 02-12-2016 30-12-2016 02-02-2017 There is watery white discharge, she gets pain in waists and legs which happens same on periods. Few days back she had diarrhea around two times. Why is here period getting late and is there any problem?
There are three main types of eating disorders. These are bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating. Anorexia nervosa is an exaggerated fear of gaining weight all the way to the point when the patient becomes abnormally thin. Bulimia nervosa is eating too much and then vomiting it out on a regular basis. Binge eating is when an individual eats an excessive amount of food in one go. All three types of eating disorders have adverse effects on pregnancy.
Here is how eating disorders affect pregnancies:
1. Unplanned pregnancies: Women with eating disorders are much more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy. This is true both for women who had eating disorders in the past as well as women who have eating disorders at the moment. In a study by University College London and King's College London consisting of 11000 women showed, only 28% of women reported that they had an unplanned pregnancy without suffering from any eating disorder as compared to the 41% who did have an eating disorder at some point in their life. The reason for this is that women tend to think that they do not need contraceptives due to an irregular menstrual cycle, which is one of the consequences of eating disorders during pregnancy.
2. Happiness about their pregnancy: The same survey of 11000 women conducted by University College London and King's College London reported that 71% of women were happy about their pregnancies. However, the number would have been a lot higher if there were fewer women with eating disorders. It has been said that 10% of women were unhappy to discover they were pregnant, if they had an eating disorder in the past as compared to 4% who never had an eating disorder.
3. Consider pregnancy a 'personal sacrifice': It has also been said that women who have had or have eating disorders during or before their pregnancy tend to consider pregnancy as a 'personal sacrifice' much more often than women who have no history or eating disorders.
Even though mostly, eating disorders affect pregnant women mentally rather than physically, it is crucial that women try to fix this problem before their pregnancy so they actually can enjoy having a baby.
Why to follow homeopathic approach?
Hello! A warm welcome from ‘The homeopathic clinic’, I am Dr. Amit, consulting homeopath practicing since last 12 years. We have three clinics at Bhandup, Thane and Khar. Currently I am practicing in all the three places with my colleagues and co doctors. We have been practicing homeopathy since last years. Now many of you must not be aware about homeopathy. Homeopathy is a branch of science which has come out of allopathy. A lot of allopath doctors found a lot of difficulty in treating some cases completely. They found once an asthmatic patient is always an asthmatic patient, once an allergic patient is always an allergic patient, so this made them think that there should be something different so they came out with this beautiful science called homeopathy.
Homeopathy is a branch where we consider your total symptoms, right from your physical complains to your mental nature to the diseases you suffered in the past and we treat you holistically. Holistically treating helps you in improving your immunity, remove your diseases completely, and thereby curing you permanently. Nowadays we have seen people at early age develop dreadful diseases like diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, thyroid and hormonal dysfunctions. All these are effects of stress which deteriorates our immunity. Modern medicine has got very good effects in these. Modern medicines means allopathic medicines are very good in treating these cases. But the problem with the modern medicines is that it is able to control these diseases but there is no permanent cure of these diseases. But we have good scope of homeopathy along with the modern medicines in these types of cases like cholesterol, diabetes, or thyroid, even menstrual disorders.
So a lot of these cases we have treated with homeopathy. Homeopathy is right for people of all the ages, right from a child of 2 months of age to an old person of 80 years of age, and both the sexes- male, female, it is effective for all the people. It is completely without any side effects. There is no side effect. There are some myths that homeopathy has got steroid, so there are no steroids in it also. So you can completely go for homeopathy. I am sure homeopathy will help you grow with your immunity and thereby make you focus in your life too so that you are healthy and you can focus on your other activities of life, your growth in life and enjoy the life with your family.
For further information if you need to contact us or you want to visit any of our clinic you can contact us through Lybrate.
Hi doctor. I am having irregular periods since after my delivery. can you please tell how can I make them come in time?
I am 23 years old. I am having hormonal imbalance. Doctor has prescribed me normoz tablet twice daily for 6 months. I started having it from 18th march 2016 and I have got my period early after having it and its not been a month and I got my period again. Is it fine or not? Is the medicine good.
I have been suffering from irregular periods since I took "IPill" 5-6 months ago. I am gaining a lot of weight and today I got a report that my Tsh (thyroid stimulating hormone) has gone to 16 (>10). I am panicking please help me. Would I need to take thyroid medicines for life? Am I now a patient of thyroid? Is taking ipill the cause of it? Visiting a thyroid specialist with my parents tomorrow, should I mention ipill (which I can't).
सर 22 को सेक्स किया था और पीरियड्स का समय है 26 आज 5 तारिक होगई है अभी तक पीरियड नहीं आया है पीरियड लाने के लिए कोई टेबलेट्स का नाम बताये जो आसानी से किसी भी दुकान में मिल सके|(धन्यवाद)
These days everything is available, including a new body. You can get a new nose, jaw, perky breasts and yes, a brand new hymen as well, all through plastic surgery. The procedure of hymen restoration or reconstruction is called hymenoplasty, hymenorrhaphy, virginity surgery or just hymen reconstruction surgery. The hymen, as you know is a ring-like membrane in a woman’s vagina. It usually ruptures due to vigorous exercise or sexual penetration. This is also usually the reason many women, egged on by families, decide to go for the reconstruction of their hymen because certain cultures value female virginity and losing one’s virginity before marriage is a taboo.
Benefits: The benefits of hymenoplasty , if any, are that it allows women to take control of their futures in conservative societies. If she has been sexually active pre-marriage, she can still decide to go for a traditional marriage without the fear of ostracization. Hymenoplasty surgery restores the ability of the hymen to bleed at intercourse on the wedding night. Victims of sexual assault can also use the procedure to get over the traumatic event and its memories. Some women like to get a hymen rejuvenation to feel young again.
Procedure: Hymenorrhaphy can be done months or years after a woman loses her virginity. It must be performed only by a plastic surgeon. In this procedure, the torn edges of the hymen are sutured back together. If done correctly, the touched-up hymen appears as good as new and bleeds on sexual penetration. Sutures dissolve by themselves after a few days. Hospital stay is only 5-6 hours post hymenorrhaphy. The procedure is done under anesthesia and it usually takes less than an hour to finish. Patients are discharged from hospital the same day and are advised not to do any vigorous activity like playing games, climbing stairs, and of course sex.
Risk involved: There are no documented risks of hymenoplasty and there are no complications either, if the surgeon is good. If an adverse reaction occurs, it’s temporary. Usually any discomfort in the private parts and swelling in the outer parts of the vagina usually subsides within days.
Recovery: The recovery time is minimal and the patient can return to work next day, if she wants. Complete healing, though, takes approximately 4 weeks. Good hygiene is important to avoid infection. Patients are advised to contact their doctor immediately after a hymenorrhaphy if there is fever, abdominal pain, bleeding from vagina or the reconstructed hymen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I just married, sex with my wife & she became pregnant. I want to know if I can sex with her & ejaculate in vagina or anus till delivery.
Sir I am a sugar patient yesterday I noticed a small blood clot comming out of my penis. Normally while passing urine there is a irritation as is there is a wound inside. Kindly suggest my sugar level is 230 after morning breakfast. Before it is 140 to 150.
I am 29 years old female taking femilon contraceptive pill since more than 8 months. I have a 16 month old baby. Does this medicine responsible for my weight gain?
I am doing relationship with my wife for 4 days and my sperm is falling inside her vagina but just after she washes her vaginal part, is There any possibility to be pregnant, her menstrual cycle is 10 December, and I am doing now on 29 November please tell me, she does not want to be pregnant now.
Herpes is caused due to the presence of the herpes simplex virus in your body. Herpes can appear on multiple areas of your body, but more commonly manifests in the genitals as well as the mouth. The two types of herpes are HSV-1 (oral herpes) and HSV-2 (responsible primarily for the outbreak of genital herpes).
Causes of Herpes Simplex:
- Herpes is contagious in nature and can be passed to you by having sexual intercourse with anyone who has been infected. HSV 2 is the primary form of the virus, which is transmitted in this manner.
- Herpes could be transmitted to an infant from their mother if she was infected while pregnant.
- It can also get passed through direct contact like using the same plates or spoons or even the sharing of lip balm. Even kissing can spread the virus if the infected person has cold sores.
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex:
- The presence of blistering sores within the mouth or in the genital area is a telltale sign that you may have contracted genital herpes.
- If you are having painful urination then you should check with your doctor for the herpes virus.
- Continuous itching in certain areas such as the genitals.
- Not wanting to eat, having a fever could also be symptoms of herpes simplex virus in your body.
- Herpes can spread to your eyes and is known as herpes keratitis. It can cause pain in your eyes.
Diagnosis of Herpes Simplex:
- The common way to diagnose herpes is with an actual physical exam. Doctors will generally look out for sores on your body and may also check for some similar symptoms which might indicate herpes simplex.
- HSV testing (alternately called herpes culture) is done to check the presence of a virus on the genitals. A fluid sample from the genitals is sent to laboratory for tests and will require a visit to the health center.
- There are blood tests to look for antibodies for both forms of HSV to diagnose the infections. However, this test is done only when there is and absence of sores or visible symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.