Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. MohinYour feedback matters!
During last couple of months, my eyes are blinking during the day without any itching or pain, it happens many a times during the day. To my observation it generally happen when I have a short sleep. Pls advise.
I powers are -10 and -11. My age is 20 yrs. And I see huge number of floaters. Doc said I have thin retinal membrane. What precautions is to be taken. Any cure if any? Thanks in advance.
Im 28years male and I have headache for2months and also my eyes are also little bit pain what can I do for this.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I m facing a little problem I have red eyes for 2days and I used ciplox drop twice a day. But nothing happened. Is something serious?
Sir I am 22 years old and I am using specs for shortsightedness. Recently I noticed that my eyesight reduced drastically within just 1 year. I used to masturbate 2 times a day in average. Is there any relation between masturbation and eyesight? I have seen some article related to the issue. Please help!
I am aaditya, during long time study my eyes are become red in color with sweet pain, please help me.
I am wearing specs for past 7 yrs, how I can increase my eye sight. Its year by year eye power decreased. What can I do for that?
Sir when I spend a few minutes on laptop, I feel my eyes get irritated. I could not keep looking at the screen. What should I do?
Is there any treatment for blindness. My vision is decreasing so much I am almost to reach blind. Doctors said there is no treatment for this type of blindness. My cornea is so thin and there are so many clots type spots viewd in testing. Are there any chances to save my left vision. Pleáe help me.
I am suffering from myopia (1.5 & 1.75). Do I have an option for LASIK surgery? Which type should I opt? I am 23, male.
Are there any way to remove power glasses from eyes? In home remedies and what are easily available Vitamin A sources which we can include in our diet. I really want to get rid of these glasses out of my eyes?
Ultrasound of left eye of my mother aged 69 suggest asteroid hyalosis bodies in vitreous chamber. Lens echos also show cataract changes. Should we go for removal of cataract at this stage.
I am 25 years old and I want use lens for my eyes because my eye sight is not good days whyy but its any side affect for lens in my future life tell the ans.
I am having headache problem since last 3-4 months and also there is pain in the eyes, whereas I had shown to 2-3 doctors but there is head ache without eating but some time when I wake up there is little . please tell me what to do and also Whether CT scan or MRI should be taken.
Hi. I problem in eye sight, while driving in night. My eyes are blurred. And while setting in my mobile at night time tears are coming.
Allergic conjunctivitis is the result of a foreign particle (allergen) coming in contact with the eye. Once this happens, the immune system overreacts resulting into an inflammation of the eye. The eyes sore with pain. The over secretion of the histamine dilates the blood vessels causing the nerve to irritate and blood vessels of the eyes to expand. Some common reasons of allergic conjunctivitis include eye drops, pollen, dust mites, makeup and animal fur. The good news is that allergic conjunctivitis is easily treatable. Here are top five ways to deal with this condition:
- Taking care of the eye: It is advised not to wear contact lenses until the symptoms go away fully. If any medication is used, a person must wait for at least 24 hours before putting on the contact lenses. Sometimes our hands carry major pollens that result in allergic conjunctivitis. It is equally important not to rub the eye without washing both the hands. Many studies have also reported that frequent bathing of the eye with cold water helps to clear the symptoms quickly. Some even say that frequent splash of warm water does the trick.
- Avoid the allergen: Allergen being the villain behind the occurrence of this condition, it is very important to stay away from it. In peak pollen times, it makes sense to close the door. In case a person must go out, it makes sense to wear a sunglass. A pillow made of feathers should be changed every week to stay away from the infection. The number of dust mites at home should be decreased as much as one can.
- Antihistamines: To quickly get rid of allergic conjunctivitis, doctors often prescribe antihistamines. It can be in the form of eye drop or oral presentation. They can successfully counter the effect of histamine which the body produces because of the hyper activity of the immune system. An antihistamine can block the aggressive effect of the immune system in a short time. Some of the commonly prescribed histamines include loratadine, cetirizine, emedastine, and ketotifen. People taking this form of the medicine for the very first time should refrain from carrying heavy load or driving.
- Mast cell Stabilizers: These takes a little longer to act as compared to antihistamines. Their effects, however, are more lasting compared to its peers. Some of the popular mast cell stabilizers include nedocromil and lodoxamide. This medicine belongs to a non-steroid family and can successfully block the chemicals that cause inflammation.
- Corticosteroids: These medicines are only prescribed by doctors when the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are serious. They belong to the steroid family of medicine produced synthetically. They can reduce the immune response of the body quickly and reduce the swelling as well. They can have possible side-effects. It is therefore wise, to consult a doctor before using it. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!