Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohd Shahid AliYour feedback matters!
Even something as small as an eyeball, has multiple parts within it. The retina at the back of the eyeball is responsible for the clarity of vision. The central area of the retina is known as the macula. Macular degeneration is the deterioration of this part of the retina. Macular degeneration is age related and is considered as an incurable condition. People suffering from macular degeneration experience blurred vision, black spots and may eventually lose central vision while retaining peripheral vision.
There are two types of macular degeneration; wet and dry. The dry form of this disease is more common than its wet form. Of these, the latter causes more serious vision loss. Dry macular degeneration leads to white or yellow deposits on the retina leading to further degeneration. In the wet form of this disease, blood vessels beneath the retina start growing towards the macula and may pull it away from the base when they break or leak fluid.
There are three stages of age related macular degeneration (AMD):
- Early AMD: This is diagnosed by the presence of deposits on the retina. In most cases, ether is no vision loss at this stage but regular check-ups are essential.
- Intermediate AMD: A comprehensive eye exam will show the presence of larger deposits or pigment changes in the retina. At this stage, slight vision loss may be experienced.
- Late AMD: People suffering from late AMD have noticeable vision loss. Though this disease is linked to aging, the exact triggers for macular degeneration are unknown. It is understood to be a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. The presence of certain genes and their variants has been associated with a number of cases of this disease. Studies also show that caucasians are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. Depriving cells in the retina of oxygen can also increase a person's risk of contracting this disease. Other risk factors for this disease are obesity, smoking, high blood pressure and a light eye colour. The side effects of certain drugs can also induce this condition.
Macular degeneration is considered to be incurable, but certain forms of treatment can improve vision and slow down the rate of deterioration. Treatment prescribed by a doctor depends on stage of the disease and whether it is wet or dry. Studies suggest that a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can prevent AMD and lower the risk of its progression.
Everybody wants a radiant and younger looking skin that is flawless and glowing. Having a healthy lifestyle that involves eating right, sleeping well and exercising enough can help you achieve that. But sometimes, that is not quite enough. It is a common misconception that the only way to get perfect skin is through cosmetic surgery. What many people do not know is that there is a range of non-surgical treatments and procedures that can give you the skin you desire. These treatments are quick and easy and do not come with the hassles of post-operation care.
Following are a few examples of such treatments that can give you better skin:
- Chemical peels: This is a treatment method for skin that makes it look younger and smoother. It involves the application of a chemical solution that makes the skin blister and peel off. The layer of skin that lies underneath comes up to the surface and is suppler and less wrinkled than the skin that has peeled off.
- Botox injections: Botox (an abbreviation for botulinum toxin) is a bacterial protein that is injected into the skin to make it appear less aged. The muscles in the area of the skin that receive the injection get temporarily paralyzed which causes wrinkles in the region to diminish.
- Microdermabrasion: This procedure involves taking silicon crystals and propelling them onto the skin surface to remove cells from the uppermost layer of skin. The inflammation or “abrasion” that forms on the skin surface helps suppress the appearance of superficial wrinkles and unevenness on the skin, making it look younger and better.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Lasers can be used to improve the appearance of skin. In this treatment method, high intensity light is used to tighten loose skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Laser skin resurfacing can also be used to improve skin that is scarred. Depending on the intensity of the laser used, the effects of the procedure can last between 2 to 5 years.
- Filler injections: This is a common procedure used to improve the appearance of skin. It involves injecting hyaluronic acid into the skin to remove wrinkles and fine lines and increase skin volume. These injects help plump up the skin and make it look more smooth and supple than before.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
My head is spinning everyday and I can't suffer with it. I take diclogem pain killer to overcome it does I am doing right.
I had sex with my bf few days ago. N due to some problem I am feeling some symptoms of urinary tract infection. As I feel like peeing again and again n there is burning sensation in my vagina. Also after peeing too I feel like peeing more. And it is tickling too dat too for many hours. N it z very irritating. Kindly revert with some solution.
What should avoid eating with ghee? Like we avoiding ghee nd fish its lead to appear white spot on body.
I was 16 year old when the world came crashing down on me in the form of my hair, I had terrible dandruff, itchy scalp for two years. Then ketoconazole came to salvage the situation. I have been using ketoconazole on and off but now it seems it has stopped working. The itchy scalp and small red pimples are back the dandruff is little though. But I am afraid that I might go back to my old condition. What shall I do.
My mom's age is 33. One year ago, she had a beautiful n clear skin on face. But now there are blemishes. How can she cure for this?
I have gone for a thyroid test n the results r. Tsh is 5.53. It's normal or not. I get a heartbeat problem also bcoz of it. I have started a walk of 30 mins. Will it be normal. Or what else should I do.
Why do I get headaches every week and when I get a saridon tablet after that I feel no more headache.
I am suffering from full hair losses, what to do to regain hair. Is there any medicine for regaining hair?
Have you any treatment for pyoderma gangrenosum. Since two years. On lower part of left leg, on ankle. Diagnosed as pyoderma gangrenosum.
My hands and arms r too thin I need to get this build! Any medications or steroids or injection or something to build arms and hands other than gym work out.
Small pimples are rising just in back of my shoulders in both the sides. A lot of pimples is there. What to do?
I am 31 years old married female. I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2007 and PCOD in 2004. Although medication for both started in 2007. Underwent laproscopy in 2008. Had an ectopic pregnancy too in 2008. Tired weight loss with renowned nutritionists and gyms but nothing aided result. Anything in homeopathy that can help combat PCOS n thyroidism so that weight loss is consistent and conception is possible. I do have a child born in 2012. But a second can happen with weight loss as advised by gynecology.
It's been 2 years a dark color is appeared around my mouth. I need to make this problem cured. Please advice.
How my eye power is increasing for some times after seeing sun with closed eyes? Is there any chance of getting my normal eye sight back?
Sir I daily drink wine l want to leave it is their any medicine with out any side effect to the body please suggest me thankyou.
Cold and flu are common problems which spans across all seasons and affects all age groups, kids and elders alike. However a flu or a viral infection leaves you very weak and vulnerable. A good routine of exercise is the easiest way to keep such infections at bay.
Regular exercise plays an important role in building your immunity against a flu infection. If you exercise for a minimum of 2.5 hours every week, your chances of contracting a flu infection are drastically reduced by almost 10 percent. However it is important that you exercise moderately and on a regular basis to protect your body against the flu.
An effective exercise schedule would involve 150 minutes of moderate exercise such as brisk walking, gardening etc every week. This can also be substituted by 75 minutes/week of vigorous exercise which includes running, playing a sport, aerobics etc. And 2 days for muscle strengthening exercises. Incorporate any one of these regimes in your daily schedule and follow them without fail, as they are the most fool-proof method to prepare your body for the fight against the flu virus.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.