Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan RaoYour feedback matters!
My daughter, 20 years old - stays in hostel away from us parents. Most probably misguided by friends - she has recently started using heating type'hair straightener to'straighten' her otherwise luxurious and slightly curly hair. I for one - know that this kind of heated treatment is not only harmful to the hair; but also completely unnecessary! She's unable to understand when I explain. Could you please help me by clarifying if this is really harmful or not. - and by listing the ill-effects of this - technically and scientifically. Thank youA worried parentRajeev B AgarwalChennai.
I am 52 yrs old male. I am having lichen planus lesions on hands ; legs and on stomach. Please suggest line of treatment?
I have a hair falling issue. Whenever I browse my hand on the hairs some of them come of and I have severe dandruff problem too.
I am 20 ears old nd I have blackheads on my nose and I want to remove them completely I have tried some medicines also but they are showing nothing effect on blackheads how to get rid off blackheads. THANKS.
Hi am Mahathi 20 years old I am gaining weight so much my weight is 76 my height is 5.3 and facing hair fall problem how can I over come it?
I am suffering with pimples and acne on my face specially in my forehead and they are paining so what should I do.
I am 20 years of male I have been losing my hair due to dandruff so please suggest tips for controlling of hair fall and dandruff.
For e. G.I am losing hairs quickly and tried some medicine but no effects yet I am not sure what else can I do can you please help me.
Hi, I am getting boils on my face for last couple of months , on my cheeks . I have changed my soap also. It becomes very difficult to shave.
I am 41 yrs male and getting lot of pimples on my face in the recent years. Also, face and arms skin is slowly growing darker like tanning even though I do not spend much time outdoors in sun.
Eczema is a skin condition marked by eruptions that are often pus filled boils. It is also known as Atopic Dermatitis. It is known to aggravate during damp monsoon months and can lead to dryness and scaly patches. It is very commonly found in patients who are young children and babies. The flare up can also relapse again. Reddish brown patches and oozing boils characterise this skin ailment.
Let us look at the ways in which it can be treated effectively:
- Anti Allergy Medication: One of the first and foremost methods of treatment includes the prescription of medication. Medicines like anti allergy drugs and anti-histamine drugs are known to be useful, especially in the early stages of the ailment which starts as an allergic reaction. Cetrizine is one of the most favoured anti histamine drugs in this case. Other medication like Diphenhydramine, Fexofedaine and Loratidine can also be prescribed to soothe the pus filled boils and painful symptoms as well as itching sensation.
- Creams and Lotions: The dermatologist can also prescribe cortisone creams as well as ointments that can be procured over the counter. Also, hydrocortisone and similar low potency steroids can be used for this condition.
- Immunosuppressants: These are also prescribed to ensure that the flare up and spread of the condition does not happen. This can also prevent the risk of cancer, kidney disease and high blood pressure by numbing the immune system when it comes to reactions toward certain prescription drugs.
- Phototherapy: This kind of therapy is used for severe cases. In this method, ultraviolet lights are trained on the site of the flare up so that the immune system's responses that lead to Eczema may be contained and prevented. This treatment requires a few sessions for the Eczema to clear up completely and also, in order to ensure that bacterial infections do not strike in its aftermath due to the accumulation of debris or bacteria.
- Alternative Ways: There are other ways of treating this condition. One of the methods includes making lifestyle changes like using deep breathing and meditative techniques that can bring the stress level down so that the flare up does not happen and the immune system continues to function properly. Also, patients would be advised to use a cold compress every night as this is when the itching increases by leaps and bounds. Further, green tea, primrose oil, aromatherapy and other such methods can also be used to soothe the skin and treat the condition.
There are various ways to deal with Eczema and hygiene is one of the top methods along with a good lifestyle.