Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan Rao ChYour feedback matters!
I have a problem that while I sleep in night I mostly found that one of my leg or hands are lifeless and I must keep on shaking them for a while so that the blood flows over to them and they respond I am terrified that it might lead to some serious issue ahead please help me out to solve this problem or disease.
Hello doctor im suffering from migraine. I consult my doc ND he prescribed me to take medicines daily ND Im getting good results. But I don't want to consume medicines daily. please advice me something?
I often suffer from migraine. Specially when I go to sleep. And sometimes when I be sleeping, both my nostrils get blocked. What these symptoms are about? And what treatment should I go for?
Please suggest diet for autoimmune disorder. I have minimal sclerosis along anterior aspect of S I joints. When I consulted a doctor he told I may have seronegative arthritis which is caused by autoimmune disorder. Please suggest me a diet. Thanks.
My child is suffering from epilepsy since last 2 years and now he is 8 years old. But still In spit talking medicine sezuires are not controlled. So please so advice me.
Headache is very common and though not a disease in itself, it is usually a manifestation of some underlying problem. There are different types of headache and migraine headache is one of the most common types of headache.
Migraine headache is episodic in nature and the headache is throbbing, pulsating, and bursting in nature. Associated symptoms include nausea and vomiting and increased sensitivity to light and noise. During an episode, the person prefers to lock themselves up in a dark and quiet room to live through the pain. There could be triggering symptoms or aura which includes temporary blindness, light flashes, tingling sensation in the limbs followed by a headache.
Causes: The exact cause of the migraine is not known, however, potential triggers include stress, prolonged exposure to the sun, faulty sleep patterns, menstruation, prolonged hunger, loud noise, and disturbed eating patterns.
Homoeopathy believes that it can provide not just temporary relief from the headache, but long-term cure from the recurring migraine episodes. The following are some common ingredients used to cure a migraine, but self-medication is not advised.
- Belladonna: It is used where the headache involves a violent and throbbing pain in the temporal area. There are usually no warning signs. Touch, noise, light, and even mild movement worsen the pain. Pain is triggered by exposure to cold air, worsened on lying down, and relieved with mild pressure.
- Glonoine: Useful in congestive, throbbing headache, where there is a rush of blood to the head. The face and head feel hot, and there is a shocking pulse which correlates with the pulse. Exposure to the sun or any other heat increases the pain.
- Natrum Mur: When the headache is related to mental stress or grief, Natrum Mur is used. Common in young girls who are also anaemic, there is often the warning sign of temporary blindness. The headache is similar to the pounding of numerous hammers inside the head. Pain increases through the day and subsides with the sunset. The patient is usually pale during the episode.
- Iris Versicolor: In these patients, there is a blurring of vision before the onset of a headache. The headache is usually right sided and produces a tight feeling around the scalp. There is intense acidity and nausea and vomiting, and the vomitus usually consists of bile.
- Sanguinaria: Unilateral, right sided headache is best treated with Sanguinaria. The pain starts in the back of the head and comes down to settle around the right eye. The veins in the head feel enlarged and distended. Lying down is usually relieving.
Iam Diabetic since last 5 years. At times I get cold shivers in the evening / night. This happens once in 7-8 Months. Why does it happen. What is the remedy.
My sister was. Accident in bike. She had head injury two cracked in brain little brain was cracked. Doctor said that she had critical to operate. What will do. Pls give me suggestion.
Hello, Just be two months I had delivered twins. From then onwards I'm not able to sleep bcoz of severe pain in head due to Dat I'm feeling uncomfortable and have not slept from past two months. I have a history of migraine, just visited a neurologist and he said migraine has come back next even he did CT scan of my head but it's normal and prescribed zolfresh and provanol40 and I'm getting sleep sometimes but not feeling relaxed and my mind has been blank so please suggest me what should I do, should consult psychiatric or continue with these medicines.
Hello, I am bothered from the problems .I have migraine daily and stomach problems like acidity GASTRO ENTERITIS. So what can I do for this.
It is important to raise public awareness and educate people about brain tumour, a disease which, though is rare is but can be really deadly. More than 500 new cases are diagnosed with brain tumour every day worldwide. The number of patients with secondary tumours are even higher than 500. However, it is common across all ages. A primary brain tumour is a tumour that begins in the brain. It can be either malignant, which means it contains cancer cells or benign i.e. does not contain cancer cells. A secondary or metastatic brain tumour is usually cancerous. It starts elsewhere in the body and sends cancerous cells which grow in the brain.
Here are a few facts that each one of us should know about this dangerous disease
- Brain tumours can occur at any age.
- We don’t know what causes brain tumors. Family history and high dose radiation like X-rays increases your risk.
- Doctors group brain tumors by grade which means the way the brain cells look under a microscope. A higher grade number means the cells appear more abnormal and the more aggressively the tumour usually behaves.
- Brain tumors are graded as grade I, grade II, or grade III, or grade IV.
The symptoms of brain tumour depend on the size, type, and location of the brain tumour. Some common symptoms which should not be ignored are-
- Problems with vision
- Mental and personality changes
- Balance problems and trouble walking
- Problems in speaking
Brain tumours are diagnosed by the doctor based on the medical history and physical examination along with a slew of specialized tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Radiation therapy
- Anti-seizure medicines
- Ventricular peritoneal shunt
- Combination of treatments
How can you safeguard yourself?
The primary tool to prevent brain tumours is by controlling your lifestyle. This means eating healthy, exercising, avoiding known carcinogens in your environment, and reducing stress.
- Sleep: Sleep is a friend for brain health. An adequate amount of rest with eyes shut keeps your brain health.
- Frankincense oil: Along with yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises to reduce stress, inhaling frankincense oil can help alleviate inflammation in the brain.
- Anti cancer diet: Consuming a diet rich in cancer-fighting nutrients like antioxidants is critical in preventing brain tumors.
- Ketogenic diet: A ketogenic diet is a high protein diet. It reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain which is associated with brain tumours. It also shuts down the nutrient supply to tumors.
- Calorie restriction: Dietary restriction, especially fasting has anti-carcinogenic properties just as the ketogenic diet.
- Limit exposure to mobile phones: Cell phones use increases risk for brain tumours. So restriction prevents these tumours.
After vagus schwannoma surgery I almost lost my voice. And I got thyroplasty 1 to fix it but did not get any improvements even after one and half month of thyroplasty. Are there any chances for improvement in waiting or go for anything else.
I had headache, vomiting 3 months back. I consulted doc and he told me these are symptoms of migraine. Now I am fine but I have a query shall I accept night duty?
I am suffering from night fall, actually I do night shift when I come to my ofce and sleep at morning around 5o'clock and wake up at around noon at 2 and I find my self that my underwear is wet. The main problem is this not happening in twice or thrice a day n month it is happening in daily basis every day last 2 weeks from now for the reason I feel low energetic my hand shiver fell sleep. Kindly advice.
My wife age is 45, she is EPILEPSY patient since last 29 years, we have Consult so many Doctors but there is no improvements. Now also she is continue attack by EPILEPSY. Now she Medical cource as below:- 1. Tegretol (200 mg) 2-1-2. 2 Gardenal (30 mg) 1-1. 3. Lacoset 1-1. 4. Lavesam 1-.1. You are request to please suggest the Good Doctor & help us to reduce her More Tablets & get the improvement in her health.
With age, most body organs begin to deteriorate in their function. This happens to the brain also, thereby reducing the overall speed of functioning of most organs. While slowing of bodily movement is visible, the internal organs functioning also slows down, which is not that obvious. Memory loss or dementia is one of the main manifestations of this degeneration of the brain.
Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, and the associated symptoms includes reduced reasoning abilities and cognitive defects. Though it is seen only in the elderly, not all elderly people will have Alzheimer’s. The overall quality of life of the affected person is reduced with difficulty remembering things that were recently learned. It is a progressive disease and as it gets more severe, a full-time caretaker may be required.
Causes: The brain cells are affected by protein masses known as plaques and tangles. These hamper the way communication between the brain cells happens as well as affect nutrition from reaching all parts of the brain. This leads to shrinking of the brain, eventually leading to memory loss and other problems. There is also a strong genetic linkage, as most people with Alzheimer’s have the lipoprotein A gene.
Symptoms: Though memory loss is the most common symptom, there are other symptoms:
- Being confused about places, people, and times
- Inability to find the right words during conversations
- Regular objects are misplaced
- Becoming irritable, (in someone who was not so previously)
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
- Inability to organise thoughts
- Not able to make the right decisions
- Repetitive talks and actions
- Forgetfulness (not something the person always does)
- Difficulty with numbers (again, not something calculations
- Difficulty managing everyday tasks and minor problems
- Suspicion of others (like immediate family members and friends)
Risk factors: While age is definitely a risk factor, the fact that not all aged people develop Alzheimer’s is to be borne in mind. Other risk factors include the history of stroke, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, obesity, and poor lifestyle choices.
Diagnosis: While there is no definitive way to diagnose Alzheimer’s, symptoms along with brain scans and neuropsychological function testing are useful ways to confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment: This is aimed at two things reducing the rate of disease progression and treat (or reverse) symptoms if possible.
Cholinesterase inhibitors improve cellular communication in the brain and also manage depression and agitation. Memantine is used to slow the pace of disease progression.
In people with the disease, small changes are useful to help them with the symptoms. These include keeping essential things like keys and wallet in the same place, keep a daily diary to help them remember things, keep pictures of friends and family within visible distance. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!