Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. MohanYour feedback matters!
Hello sir my dad age is 57. He is unsleepy from past 30 days and he is very much interested in sex drive he tortures my mom every day and more suspicious on her even though she is good. She is not interested in sex drive as her age is 47. His bp raising for some days and going down .doctor reported that he is in delusion and depressed treat him as patient .so doctor advised to use above tablets ,no sugar, cbp is normal. We need to check mri brain scan .please advise us.
My husband is suffering from hepatitis c.and lots of depression lost of appetie. Hepatitis c suffering from last 7 years. But now condition of depression high. What can I do?
I have a 13 years old daughter n a 9 years old son. Both fight a lot. N do not listen to me, I mean I have to bark at them like dogs if I want them to do something. For eg. Lessons or homework or not watching tv not playing games on my phone etc. At times I feel I am not a good mother. I am not able to handle my 2 kids. I am in great distress and feel very depressed at times. pls help!
I had loved a person and she went to foreign and I can't forget her and mentally disturbed.Please tell.
90% of lung cancer are due to smoking TOBACCO.
What a tregidy even then about 50% population is using TOBACCO product.
Hi, she is addicted to smoke at age of 22. She is struggling to come out and needs help. Please help me with suggestions to bring her back on please.
I am 55 year old. I feel anxiety during the day and suffering chest pain in the left side. It continues until the evening and ends in the night. What care I have to take to come out of this problem?
My friend is a weak minded he loves girls very fast and when they reject he get hurt and again he says never love another but again he loves and he gets rejected and he will be in depression he can't study he was a topper and he is unable to concentrate so how can I get I get out him and how can I make stop him fallen love.
I had a great academic career. But, after I completed my studies and entered into the professional world, I have been getting consecutive failures for the last four years now. Somehow, still I have summoned my strength. I have a dream and I am working hard to achieve it. But at times I loose my focus and the past experiences overcast my effort. How can I clear my mind and concentrate all through for my dream. I know I have the potential to achieve it. Just tell me, how can I be focused all through. I want to know the method by which I can clear my mind of the past experiences that I had and achieve my dream.
I have headache every morning when I slept and I am student so I not concentrate my exams sincerely what can I do.
I feel sad all time ,i dnt do any thing for myself, I want but I can not I just focus on one person and I always doubt on him .i just isolate myself doing nothing crying all time ,dwelling past and can not get out for 5 mint ,feeling so much insecurity .please help me,
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Depression is an addictive state, which is hard to get rid of. Everybody who suffers from it encounters it in an unexpected way, yet we all agree that it can be a major well-being issue. It makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when you can't demonstrate your feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with your productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Never Say 'You're Too Much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much," particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful.
- Try not to Shame People for Being Negative: Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do Understand That Depression Doesn't Mean "Trouble": Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Do Validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs.
Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular.
Related Tip: "How To Recognize Depression In Adults"