Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Fever symptoms in rainy season please tell us we have a three year old son and he is not actively playing out side effects with the fever.
I have a 4 month old baby, when should I start giving him fruit juices or start with cerelac as he is not gaining much weight.
Always make it a practice to encourage your children to inform you if they face any pain or discomfort in the neck or back before it becomes a serious problem.
Sir my daughter is premature baby (6 months 15 days pregnancy) birth weight 980 gm. Now she is 7th month and her weight is 4.2 kg. She is feeding only mother milk. Sir now what we do for diet or treatment, her weight is very poor.
I am 3 months after delivery and am giving breastfeeding. Nowadays am feeling so tiredness during the time of feeding so please suggest some vitamins tablets for me continue with breast feed.
Sir my daughter 1 year 3 month old. Went for vaccine. But mistakely I forget my immunisation record of card at my home. The doctor given the vaccine to my doctor of chickenpox. But when I returned home. As per card my vaccine was mmr1. Is chicken pox and mmr are same. Or I have to go for mmr1 vaccine again. Please confirm me. I m in doubt.
My son 18 months old not taking adequate food kindly advice me starting some health drinks like pediasure.
My 5 years old son with DS doesn't have any heart problem but still he fall sick frequently and plus he is very thin and weak.
My child is 3 yrs and 3 months old age can understand everything but she speak not as much as other kids do. Kindly help thanks.
My daughter has 45 days old. from 5 days she has constipation. And 4 days before she had her second vaccination. I give hot water with sugar syrup. .then also there is no motion passed out and she feed well and pass urine also.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.