Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohan J Ramchandani
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan J RamchandaniYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic on the insulin I have bowel disorder and gas problem now my Alkaline Phosphatase is at 181 LDL is at 146 SGPT at 10.8 what would be problem and how to get rid of this situation.
Hello I am suffering from jaundice occasional mild fever and tiredness. I had my LFT report now which is as follow Bilirubin (total) 5.2 mg/dl Conjugated (D. Bilirubin) 4.5 mg/DL Unconjugated 0.7 SGOT/AST 985 IU/L SGPT/ALT 1189 IU/L ALKALINE PHOSPHATE 520 IU/L A/G RATIO 1.16 GGTP 98 U/L P.S I am non alcoholic and non smoker HOW SHOULD I PROCEED FURTHER?
I have mild gastric problem. Not taking any junk food. Today Stomach pain came. Morning when I went for motion last little blood and gum like came. Feeling motion again. Can I take dry fruits? What I can eat? What I shouldn't eat?
Hi, I was having bloating and acid reflux regularly. Usually I take a Pan 40 tab in morning before meals and it controls my gastric issue up to a certain extent. Recently my acidity gone worst and I felt mid pain in back of head and sometimes in chest. One day evening I was consulting a doctor and he checked my pressure and found it was 170/90. He prescribed me Corbis 5 mg at night and Lonazep .25 during bed time. Lonazep acts fine and I am able to sleep. But I don't know whether I should continue Corbis. I had reduced dosage to Corbis 2.5 but still having an uncomfortable feeling with Corbis. Should I continue taking it or is there any other mild pressure tablet for beginners like me. It feel the high pressure shown was temporarily at that time as now it is 140/80. Kindly advise,
I am 37 year old man I am suffering with gastric problem. I use to smoke 4 cigarette in a day. Tell me how can I get rid of the Gas problem without loosing smoking.
Since last 3 days I was feeling pain passing stool. I clicked picture of anus and it shows cracks with blood. Is it piles? What should I do?
I am having problem after having dinner whatever I eat weather its veg or non veg after sleeping my food comes up suddenly and it stuck in my nose and its burn in my nose and head I am suffering this problem around 2 months so please tell me any medicine.
I feel burning sensation while eating some spicy or hot food. Is it a problem if yes than how I can come over with this?
I am 36, from yesterday my problem is loose motion and feeling tired. May be gas / acidic taken eno.
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!