Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan J RamchandaniYour feedback matters!
I get acidity and gastric influx almost everyday. I survive on pentacid tablets.But need a permanent solution to the problem.Many times ven the pentacid doesnt work and i suffer a lot. Second problem is that my heels pain a lot at the end of the day. I have a sitting job and dodnt walk much. Still i suffer from acute ache in my heels at night
Hi I am 37 years old male, suffering from diabetics from 3 years, I have frequent gastric, indigestion problem, and every often I feel pain in left side of body, hands, legs and back shoulder, I can not sleep in night for more than 4 HRS, my diabetic is under control PPBS - 120 and FPPS- 158, please suggest suitable treatment. I suffer from kind of nerve pains also.
Hello The food I am eating is not getting digested and that is creating a gas problem. Had b 12 deficiency but taken injection. Also taking thyronorm 75. Due to above issue I am eating very less food and more liquid Bcoz of this my weight is drastically reduced Please help.
I am 22 years old male, I am diagnosed with "lax cardia" doctor prescribed me cintapro and pantoprazole twice a day, how long I have to take these tablets and is lax cardia completely curable?
Dear sir/ madam actually I have some stomach problem whenever I eat anything like food or whatever after some minutes I have to go for washroom I don't know why can you please help me.
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that gets to the root cause of the disorder instead of just treating the symptoms. Ayurvedic remedies improve your overall wellbeing, in addition to treating the symptoms. The various Ayurvedic remedies for gallstones are:
- Diet: Following a healthy diet is one of the key measures to prevent gallstones. Eat a well-balanced diet which has plenty of fruits and vegetables; avoid eating foods that contain saturated fats. Fat rich foods such as nuts and seeds should be consumed in moderation.
- Exercise: Exercising regularly helps in keeping your weight in check. Cardio exercises such as swimming and running are good for your heart and overall health. Remember that obesity is a risk factor for gallbladder stones.
- Keep Diabetes in check: If you are diabetic, make sure your blood sugar levels are in check. High blood sugar may cause high fat levels in the blood which may result in gallstones.
- Limit Stress: Stress may be a direct or an indirect cause for the formation of gallstones. Hence practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to deal with stress in an effective manner.
- Ayurvedic Herbs: Numerous herbs known as cholagogues and choleretics have been found useful in preventing gallstones in traditional ayurvedic medicine. Cholagogues are herbs that stimulate the gallbladder to contract, while choleretics stimulate the liver to secrete more bile. Both these actions could help reduce the risk of developing gallstones. Turmeric, citrus fruits, dried ginger, black pepper, long pepper, hing, etc., fall under these categories.
- Table Salt Remedy: Before breakfast, on an empty stomach, take a tsp of Saindhava lavanam or ordinary table salt in a glass of hot water. After drinking this, lie down for about 45 minutes on your right side. Do this once or twice a week.
- Castor Oil: Apply castor oil pack over the gallbladder area.
- Therapeutic Procedures: Apatarpana (fasting), langhana (light diet) and virechana (mild purgation) are some of the therapeutic procedures that are usually advised as a part of the treatment.
- Ayurvedic Remedies: Specific Ayurvedic remedies such as Shankavati, Sootasekar ras, Pravaalpanchaamrit, Hingwaashtak choorna, Avipattikar choorna, etc., are generally prescribed to treat this condition. The duration of the treatment and dosage of these medicines depends on the severity of the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.