Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have fungus in my private region I got itching, I took medicine then it get alright. But whenever I eat spicy thing again it start itching, ,why it is so? Suggest me any good medicine?
I am 34 year old male frequently I get itching near private part and lower buttks what treatment should I take. When I use fluconazole 5mg once a week for 4wks it will heal but after 1 or 2 months again it will come. And one another skin problem I have is white patches on my back from neck in telugu we call it as shibbem. Please let me know what to use.
I am 41 year old male, sometimes it has been observed that blood comes with stool its not regular only when I ate spicy or hot things like alcohol, boiled egg, etc in excess quantity and also few drops of blood that makes the toilet water pink. And also their is a ulcers in my tongue from five years. Please suggest.
I have white pimples on my body. I used scar removal cream for one year but did not see any changes on my body. What should I do?
I am suffering from an dermo infection on leg and symptoms are black spots on my leg and knee and my right and left legs and hands.
I am 22 years old male having very dark circles around my eyes and skin is getting deeper. My mother also has this same problem. These circles makes my confidence down. Please suggest me measures. Thanx in advance doctor.
I am a 25 year old girl. I have 2 major problems about my face. One is black heads on my nose and other is I have a lot of hair on my face. Please tell me some solution for this.
Sir i'm using scarend ointment for skin acne scars. It is better or not for removable scars. How many days it will works?
I am suffering from prostrates since 4 years nd I take medical supervision bt all medicines I tke gve me some relief nt full. Bt nw wn I go bathroom fr doing urine it take more thn30 mnts to come out nd I thnk some urine is inside on my bladder. Have some gud medicine which relax me from this problem.
I am 31 year old. I have pimples scars and blackheads on my face. My skin is oily. I have followed many doctors for my skin there is no improvement. Recently I am using berberis aqui. Q homeopathic med twice a day. But could you please tell me any cream or sunscreen lotion which I can use regularly. My skin is sensitive to all cosmetics I can not use any product. Please recommend me the best cream or lotion. And Answer one more thing that can I use home remedies with the medicine or cream like lemon or honey mixture? I will thankful to you.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes what should I do?
One of my friend want to do whole body whitening surgery, anyone suggest which clinic will good and what is the cost in india. And how much risk is there. His skin color is between Brown and black.
The kidneys are responsible for the elimination of waste from the body. The blood is filtered in the kidneys and all toxic wastes are filtered out and excreted through urine. When this filtration does not happen effectively, a lot of waste can be found in the blood, which affects normal body function.
Kidneys may lose their functioning either due to age, injury, or disease conditions. Whatever the reason, when kidney function is hampered, the body suffers. If there was an injury or congenital problem, it could be unilateral and the non-affected kidney could still do the function. However, if it is infection or old age, normally both kidneys are affected and then replacement should be looked for externally. This is where a kidney transplant comes into the picture.
What is it?
It is a surgery where a healthy, functioning kidney is placed into the body. The donor could be
- Living: These donors have to be related or unrelated. Related is often termed someone, who is a family member and is willing to donate one kidney (one kidney is sufficient for normal, healthy individuals) to the diseased person.
- Cadaver: If a person is willing to donate kidneys post death, these are used for transplant, within a specified time.
Identifying the right donor and recipient:
- Blood type and tissue type should be matched; a good tissue type match improves the chances of success
- Overall health of the donor to ensure there is no heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
- The recipient also should be healthy
What to expect during surgery?
- Once a donor is identified, in living donors, the surgery to remove the kidney and to transplant it are done simultaneously
- The surgery usually takes about 3 to 4 hours
- Antibiotics are given prior to the surgery to prevent infection
- The blood vessels and ureter are connected back to the kidney after the transplant
- Hospital stay can range from 5 days to 2 weeks, depending on the overall health of the patient and the anticipated risk of rejection.
- Most transplanted kidneys work effectively almost immediately. A kidney stored from a cadaver may take a little longer compared to a fresh kidney from a living donor
- People who have had transplants are put on immunosuppressants on a chronic basis to reduce chances of rejection. The new kidney will always be recognised by the body as a foreign body, and so this is essential.
Kidney transplant success rates are quite high, and more and more people are opting for transplants as opposed to dialysis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.