Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mohammed Abdul SamadYour feedback matters!
You can exercise for healthier gums as well. Gently bite down so as to make sure that your teeth make a clinking sound when they meet. Repeat this 30 to 40 times continuously. This exercise will stimulate the flow of blood and will keep your gums healthy.
My teeth are continuously becoming yellowish in color as water of my living area contains more than enough fluoride wht to do.
I have faced some pain in my upper teeth of right side of my mouth from yesterday and also some pain in left ear. Please give me some advice.
Tfn implanted two years back. Implant broken (proximal end) one year back by itself. Advised revision surgery. Age 57 years.
Gone are the days when braces were only for children and teenagers. Today, adults don’t need to shy away from wearing braces just because it will look unattractive. It is time to not put them off. Here are the reasons to tell you why you should flaunt the braces:
Your smile is more important: A beautiful smile can change your life. It creates a positive impact in your life. People around you get influenced by your positive and attractive smile. But, if you cover your mouth just to hide your teeth while smiling, it will hamper your life. Therefore, straighten you teeth and get back your confidence. A dental implant is of no use unless you straighten all the teeth using a brace.
Wearing a brace can keep you away from other dental issues: Misaligned teeth can cause various dental disorders or issues. If the teeth are not aligned properly, food particles can get accumulated on the surface of the teeth, forming dental plaque. This in turn can give birth to a number of dental diseases or disorders.
Braces prevent you from other diseases: Improper alignment of teeth will not allow you to chew your food properly. This in turn may cause several gastrointestinal problems.
New Age Braces-
Today, braces have evolved. They no longer look very ugly or unattractive. You will not suffer from the embarrassment of having metal braces. Nowadays, ceramic braces are available in the markets. These are translucent in nature. Besides, a new age teeth cover called Invisalign is available. These are made up of clear plastic. An individual wears them over the teeth. So, you will not have to look unattractive with the metal wire.
Advantages of Ceramic Braces-
They are less painful and cause no irritation to the gums. They are friendlier to the gums than the old metal ones.
Ceramic braces are translucent in nature. They have white or tooth-coloured brackets which look better than metal wires.
They are durable and stronger. They can break only if they are abused or misused.
Nowadays, you get clear braces in the markets. These are known as Saphire Braces. They are expensive than the metal ones. But, they are stronger and the greatest advantage of wearing a sapphire brace is that you don’t develop stains on them easily.
Cost of Braces-
The cost of adult braces depends upon the nature of brace you are choosing. Metal wires are cheaper. Ceramic and clear braces are costlier. Metal braces are available from INR 30,000 to 40,000 in the markets. Other braces look better but are costlier.
When to take braces?
In order to know whether or not you require a brace, you must consult a dentist first. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Teeth are yellow, non shiny, lost whiteness, rough patches also there. These are from my child age once doctor polished too. Then said it is not curable! Is it? Any solution? He also said it was due to chlorin in drinking water.
Hi doctor I am 26 year old mother and this question is about my 9 month old child is has a losemotion and I try many of medicine but no effect and one more thing her teeth's are come out any suggestion?
Often there is bleeding a little from the teeth of my wife and a foul smell comes out from her mouth. How will she free from that problem?
I am regularly having ulcers in my right inside the cheek. When I am taking the medicines it get cured. But again it happened. What to do?
I had mouth ulcers frm my age of 13, I m not cured by it upto now. I am using many medicines. But it was recurring. I want solution.
Some times my gums bleed in the morning. Which is not there after brushing. What should I do? What may be the cause?
My front lower jaw two tooths are missing, I want to implant 2 tooths. Please suggest me a dentist. Also tell me what will be the whole price for implant.
Hi Doc. My upper teeth are in same order and they are little bit outside. My age is 18+. Can you tell me that my teeth come in same order in how much time.
Hii i am 24 years male.I have my teeth becomes yellow.Idont smoke drink alcohol tea n coffee bt my teeth becomes yellow in colour.On my teeth i found a small spots.Please advice me for this problem ?
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.
My gums are bleeding and kind of loosing from my tooth. And my mouth water too much. Someone recommend me oil pulling. Is oil pulling safe?
We all got together to indulge into our favourite foods this holiday season, where platter overflowed with sweet, spicy and acidic foods. However, when it comes to teeth, sugar isn’t the only culprit that cause tooth decay. High levels of acid in everyday foods and drinks are equally harmful. Lemons to wine, high-acid foods and drinks erode your teeth, causing decay, sensitivity and discoloration. But that doesn’t mean you have to strike all acidic foods and drinks from your diet. The way you consume these items can lessen their damage on your teeth.
It is a type of tooth wear where, the protective surface of your teeth or the enamel wears away exposing the underlying material, called dentin. This leaves your tooth vulnerable to tartar, plaque and bacteria, which cause decay.
Causes of tooth erosion:
Calcium is a key ingredient in building strong teeth. Unfortunately, exposing your teeth to acid can leach calcium from your enamel, causing this protective surface to break down. Foods which have Ph. below 5.0 to 5.7 are acidic. This acid can come from many sources, including the following:
· Carbonated drinks. All soft drinks, including “diet” options, contain high levels of acid that can easily dissolve your enamel.
· Wine. Whether you choose red, white or rosé, drinking wine will soften your enamel.
· Pickles. Which are traditionally seen in an Indian platter
· Fruit juice. The most acidic options include lemon, cranberry, orange and apple.
· Citric fruits. Snacking or sucking on lemons, oranges and limes can wear down your teeth.
· Candy. No sugary sweets are good for your teeth, but you should pay extra attention to avoid sour gummies and candies.
· Sugar. Even though sugar itself does not contain high levels of acidity, it promotes the growth of acid-creating bacteria in your mouth, creating an acidic environment.
· Stomach acid. Vomiting and reflux also can cause serious tooth damage when stomach acid comes into contact with your teeth. If you suffer from an eating disorder, acid reflux or a related condition, seek professional help.
Signs of tooth erosion
Acid wear may lead to serious dental problems. It is important to notice the signs of tooth erosion in its early stages (sensitivity and discoloration) before more severe damage occur, such as cracks, pain and decay.
· Sensitivity. As your teeth’s protective enamel wears away, you may feel a twinge of pain when you consume hot, cold or sweet food and drink. As more enamel is worn away, teeth become increasingly sensitive.
· Discoloration. Teeth can become increasingly yellow as the thinning enamel layer exposes the underlying dentin.
· Rounded teeth. Your teeth may have a rounded or “sand-blasted” look.
· Sharp edges. You might notice thinning of teeth with sharp edges which might cut your tongue and cheeks.
· Transparency. Your front teeth may appear slightly translucent near the edges.
· Cracks. Small cracks and roughness may appear at the edges of teeth.
· Cupping. Small dents may appear on the chewing surface of the teeth, and fillings may appear to be rising up out of the tooth.
What you can do to prevent tooth erosion
Follow these tips to reduce the effects of acid on your teeth.
· Eating higher pH. Food alongside. This helps in lowering the acidity. Includes food like nuts, cheese, oatmeal, mangoes, melons, banana, apples, eggs, vegetables, brown rice and whole grains.
· Eat with meals. Instead of snacking throughout the day, save acidic foods for mealtimes. This will reduce their contact with your teeth and help neutralize the acid by eating it with other foods.
· Wash down with water. Sip water alongside or after the acidic food or drink to wash it out of your mouth.
· Use a straw. While having acidic beverages, reduce their contact with your teeth by using a straw and finishing the drink quickly, instead of sipping over a long period of time.
· Say no to bubbles. Swap out carbonated drinks with water, milk or tea.
· Wait before brushing. Acid softens your enamel, so brushing immediately after eating or drinking high-acid foods or drinks can actually cause damage. Wait at least half an hour and then start brushing. In the meantime, you can always rinse your mouth with tap water.
· Quit smoking. Studies have showed that smokers are more prone to acidity leading to acid reflux and teeth erosion
· Professional help. See your dentist twice a year for dental cleaning and oral screening.
· Sugar free gums. Chewing on sugar free gums increase the saliva flow which, neutralise the acid and help the teeth to stay strong.