Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ModiniYour feedback matters!
I had undergone a laser operation for my eyes before 2yrs. I'm normal after that but due to my face eyes are looking little bit inside. How can I solve it.
I am 68 Male, having pain in my backside of head almost regularly. Some times it goes automatically but most of the time, I have to take Dispirine etc. My eyes too are etching and watering regularly especially when reading or sitting on TV/computer. Kindly suggest some remedy, thanks.
I have week eye sight and due to which I have to wear specs all day so please suggest me how to remove specs.
I am suffering from flu from many days kindly tell the solution of this problem as soon as possible also how to overcome from eye flu?
What should I do for week eyesight my spax no. Is -1 please tell what I can do? I want to remove my spax? Tell me.
I have constant headache and eyes pain what is the reason behind is it because of excess use of gadgets?
Need some urgent help and advice 're my wife suspected to have myasthenia gravis and have just got her blood tests done today incl the antibodies one. Yesterday I was in panic when one of her eyeballs squinted up for a few seconds. We are based in South Mumbai. Please help as am Damn tense. Thanx.
Doctor can I take any medicines or eye drop to reduce my sight number or can you please suggest me any method to reduce my number.
I have a little lump kind of thing just below my left eye from last two days, it might be due to rain insect bite I am not sure but it doesn't hurt! what should I do?
Hello doctor, My age is 21yrs and I have eyebags as well as eye puffiness and dark circles too please help me which treatment should I go for in any cosmetologist treatment?
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash