Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Mercy R JamesYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/mam. How to get relief from constipation. Earlier morning I drinks lot of water approx 1to 1.5ltrs to clear latrine. But getting not success. So please advise me what should to do? Thank you.
Sir I have allergic reaction from last 3 to 4 years I take lot of medicines but I have no result in allergic reaction so please give me the proper solution.
First time when my penis skin went behind the rim it stick there its not going more back from rim what should I do?
I am getting fat day by day. I consume alcohol and have a business where most of time I sit idle. My foot also swollen up a lot! What happened to me sir?
I am 23 years male and I have headache in one side of head like migraine. I take every type of medicines. What should I do?
My face has small small pimples and black spots. Hypersensitive to sun light. It got red when I use sunscreen. Drinking a lot of water. Daily exercise. No non veg. Please advise.
I am suffering from fever I have already taken paracip with almox. But still I am not well. I had witted with rain water and from that day itself it is happening. I should meet with doctor or continuing that medicine another two days. Or I should change the medicine. And if I should change than which medicine I should take. please suggest me sir.
I am having itching and pain in my vagina. I tried clotrimazole, curd but nothing works. I am still having itching since many days. Tell me some better remedy please,
What is the std that can cause painful mouth sores that goes and comes every weeks and that lymph node and itching sometimes.
Sir/Mam I am 32 years old. From last month I have severe pain below left leg thumb and thumb and below part become swallow. I consulted with doctor he advice me for blood test my uric acid is above maximum range. So please suggest me appreciate way to cure it and diet help me to keep away from this disease.
I am suffering from a bad habit of masturbating. Is it good or bad for my health. What are the effects of it on my body. Should I continue it or not?
My wife is suffering from chronic kidney disease since 2 years and creatinine is 7.2 any possibility can it be reduced by homeopathic medicine?
Question Must Be Like: My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
Hie Since few days I am feeling the problem of breathlessness. Can you tel me why this is happening and what should I do home remedy.
Vitamins are very important and essential for the body. Vitamins are a form of nutrients, which must be consumed strictly for proper body functioning and building strong immunity. Vitamin pills are an ideal and easy source of essential vitamins. However, having food items, which are rich in vitamins is a much healthier option. Eating foods rich in vitamins helps your body obtain abundant nutrients as per the requirement of the body. In this manner, you will be able to gain all the required vitamins by eating various types of foods.
Here is a list of the primary vitamins, which are essential for the body, along with the food items where they can be found.
- Vitamins B6 and B12: These vitamins help in proper blood circulation and nerve functioning and can be found in bananas, whole grains, beans, nuts, eggs, pork, fish, chicken, wheat germ and other poultry products.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin is an antioxidant and fights free radicals which damage DNA. It also helps in strengthening the body immunity. The best source of vitamin C includes citrus fruits and citrus juices, red and green pepper, brussels sprouts, spinach, broccoli, kale, strawberries and collard greens.
- Calcium: Calcium is very essential for maintaining bone health, bone density and prevents osteoporosis. All dairy products are very rich in calcium. Calcium is also present in legumes and dark green, leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D helps in the absorption of calcium and lack of vitamin D may lead to osteoporosis, type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis and several cancers as well. Vitamin D is present in fatty fishes such as tuna and salmon. Major sources of vitamin D are fortified food products such as cereals and milk.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E functions as an antioxidant and helps in eye health. Enough intake of vitamin E can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Foods rich in vitamin E include avocados, vegetable oils like safflower, sunflower, cottonseed, canola and olive oil. It is also found in wheat germ, almonds, sunflower seeds and other nuts.
- Folic acid: The insufficient intake of this vitamin may lead to several birth defects during pregnancy like spina bifida. Deficiency of folic acid may also lead to heart diseases, stroke and cancers. The best food sources of folic acid are leafy vegetables, strawberries, wheat germ, broccoli, asparagus, beans, whole grains and folic acid fortified cereals or breads.
- Iron: Iron prevents iron-deficiency anemia and supports the immune system. The best sources of iron are red meat, clams, egg yolks, fish and chicken. Iron is also found in fortified grains, legumes and cereals.
Vitamins are very essential for the body as they prevent the body from several diseases, which in turn help in healthy functioning of the organs. It is better to eat your vitamins directly, instead of taking vitamin pills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.