Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Megha Raj ChittaYour feedback matters!
I am very much addicted towards sex, whenever I see my gf or any close female friend I get wildness inside me. What should I do for it? I am getting much sex addicted day by day.
I have red eye for over 4 days What should I do Pain in legs. Pain in head and all body. And very weakness in all body. What should I do?
I wanna know about lasik, is this totally secure, and from this my glasses are permanently removed or not?
I have pain in my eyes with even a slight touch (just below the lower eye lashes). I have no history of any eye disease. I am 21 years old.
Actually as per shopkeeper of the opticians, they says that glasses and lens are good for eyes and lasik is a risk for life and if we do lasik after few years again we have to use the glass. So is that true because no one wants to play with their own eyes. If lasik is good so suggest me some good hospital as I am living in Nasik road. Thanks for your guidance
Hi I am 25 year old female, working in Mnc 9 to 6 timings, I feel I have high bp, because I am constantly being angry on every other person. Please suggest me. Do I need to see a doctor?
Sir I have a hair fall problem from past 3 years due to dandruff and all. What should I do to get read of this.
From 15.02. 16 I have problem of double vision due to some problem in R/ eye as per MRI this is due to tolosa hunt. Now as per taken medicine of neuro physician all pain in R/eye has disappear but double vision is still feeling. MyR/eye black pipuil not moving fully to nose side. Now please tell me should I consultant to eye specialist doctor.
My eyes are always red When I woke up till 2 hours continue I have specs but it doesn't work out So please give a solution.
I am student I want to put on my weight how to I do. I am very weak I have itching problem also in cold and summer in whole body. Under the eye I have dark circle. In my chin some small moles or pore or fungal type infection are continuously are grow. I am very weak. So am not focused on studies.
It is very essential in the present times to understand the training, ability and skills of the doctors whom you select for your needs.
An EYE DOCTOR is called OPHTHALMOLOGIST. He/She can possess following qualifications
- M.S (Ophth) : This is called Master Of Surgery in Ophthalmology. It takes THREE years of training in a Medical Council recognized Medical College after passing M.B;B.S and includes undertaking and submission of a thesis or research Paper during the training. It can be done by obtaining seat based on Merit, Based on reservation or Based on Donation
- D.O (Ophth) : This is called Diploma in Ophthalmology. It is similar to M.S. except that training period is TWO years and does NOT include doing research paper
- DNB (Ophth): This is called Diplomat of National Board in ophthalmology. The training is done after M.B;B.S in some private institutes or hospitals recognized by National board of examinations and not in MCI recognized Medical college
LONG TERM FELLOWSHIPS: As the knowledge base is increasing, there is further training undertaken for super specializing in some specific field of eye surgery through a process called FELLOWSHIP. This includes training for about two years after M.S., D.O or D.N.B in some Institues of repute like Shankar Nethralaya Chennai, Aravind Eye Care Systems ( Madurai/ Coimbatore), L.V.Prasad Eye Institute ( Hyderabad) to name a few. The training involves doing actual work in specialized techniques under supervision and guidance of experts in respective fields like Retina, Cornea, Glaucoma, Oculoplasty, Phaco and Refractive Surgery, Paediatric Ophthalmology, Neurophthalmology etc.
SHORT TERM FELLOWSHIPS: They are similar to long term fellowships but training period is very short , like 2-3 months . The training helps a general ophthalmologist to acquire some skills in a speciality but not sufficient to be able to be a super specialist. However, some doctors with such training may claim to be superspecialists!
ACEDEMIC FELLOWSHIPS: Such fellowships test the knowledge of Doctor through two or three steps of examinations/ Viva. There is no practical training given Examples are,
FRCS: Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons
FICO: Fellow of International Council of Ophthalmologists
FAICO: Fellow of All India Collegium of Ophthalmologists
Some senior Ophthalmologists who were trained in multiple eye diseases and worked for a long time in handling them may be as good as superspecialists in some areas.
Besides Ophthalmologists, some trained personnel can undertake some eye care tasks like
OPTOMETRISTS: They can assess and prescribe Spectacle power(numbers), prescribe and dispense contact lenses, run some eye tests on machines.
OPTICIANS: They can make/ sell glasses or contact lenses as prescribed by Ophthalmologists/ optometrists. They can not prescribe. Yet, many shops do so without Optometrists.
OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIANS: They can operate machines like Perimetry, OCT, A scan ultrasonography, Topography etc.
Hope that now the readers are better informed about their eye care providers.
To help avoid workplace - dry eye and eye strain, follow these eye ergonomics tips.
1. Stay at arm’s length: try placing the monitor 25 inches away from your face. No measuring tape? put your screen an arm’s length away.
2.Take care of glare: while many new phones and laptops have glass screens with excellent picture quality, they also produce a strong glare that can aggravate the eyes. If you use a glass screen device, try a matte filter for your screen.
3. Give your eyes a break: strain occurs after long, continuous periods of reading paper or viewing digital screens up close. follow the 20-20-20 rule: take a break every 20 minutes by looking at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Looking into the distance allows your eyes to relax.
4. Defy dry eye: many newer office buildings have humidity - controlled environments that suck moisture out of the air. In winter, heaters on high can further dry your eyes. Try a desktop humidifier to add localized moisture.
Keep artificial tears at hand to help lubricate your eyes.
5. Lighten up: when your screen is much brighter than your surroundings, your eyes have to work harder to see. Adjusting your environmental lighting can reduce eye strain. Also, try increasing the contrast on your monitor.