Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meera
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MeeraYour feedback matters!
Many surveys have proved that homeopathic medicines are extremely effective in treating all these cases of viral fever related to Dengue and Chikungunya, thereby help in restoring the health of the patient. Let us see one by one how homeopathy can help in the prevention and cure of both:
Dengue is a mosquito-borne infectious disease, which causes flu-like symptoms. The disease is caused by 4 different viruses and is spread by the Aedes species of mosquitos. Dengue affects your blood cells, which in turn results in a sudden drop in the platelet count. Ideally, the platelet count ranges from 1.5-4 lacs, but in people affected by dengue virus, the platelet count goes down to as low as 20,000-40,000. This condition can be fatal. The onset on dengue is through fever. Dengue is one of the diseases that is transmitted through parasites like mosquitoes. Often it tends to occur in most of the tropical countries.
Symptoms of dengue can vary from mild to severe-
- Joint and muscle ache
- Pain in the eyes
- An intense headache
- High fever and fatigue
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin rashes
- Swollen lymph glands
- Bleeding from nose or gums
- Easy bruising
Dengue symptoms usually develop 4-7 days after the mosquito bite. So many times the person affected by the virus does not realize that he/she has already been infected. If the fever does not subside in 3-4 days, one should immediately consult a doctor and have himself diagnosed.
Prevention and Cure through Homeopathy:
The Homeopathic approach of prevention and cure include:
- It is an effective way through which immune-modulation of patients is done without having the risk of any side-effect.
- The choice of homeopathic drugs depends upon an individual’s response to infection and the severity of the virus.
- The symptoms of the patients affected are studied carefully to decide upon the curative as well as preventive homeopathic medicines.
Similar to dengue, the chikungunya virus is spread by an infected female mosquito- the Aedes genus mosquito. Mosquitoes become infected when they feed on any person affected with this virus. Unlike dengue, this viral disease is rarely fatal. However, the symptoms of chikungunya can be long-lasting, severe and debilitating.
The major symptoms of chikungunya include-
- High fever
- Joint pain that persists for long
- A severe headache
- Skin rashes due to damaged blood vessels
- A sore throat
- Enlarged lymph nodes
In 2006, Chikungunya affected approximately 40,000 people, out of which nearly 1316 cases turned out to be fatal.
Prevention and Cure through Homeopathy:
In Homeopathy, there is a concept known as “Genus Epidemicus”, which helps as preventive remedy in an epidemic like this. This concept involves:
- Clinical picture of a group of patients in a specific locality gets studied and hence the most appropriate remedy is selected as the Genus Epidemicus for Chikungunya.
- Genus Epidemicus helps in increasing person’s immunity to such a level that even after mosquito bites; it is unable to produce any active disease in the person’s body.
- Homeopathic medicines get prescribed as per the clinical presentation of the patient, which become very effective in giving relief from the complaints during Chikungunya.
- Homeopathy is effective in all kinds of viral diseases.
- The pills given are simply chewed on tongue and tastes sweet.
- These medicines do not cause any kind of gastric irritation.
Since there are no effective medications, vaccines or treatment options for Dengue and Chikungunya, the only way to steer clear of these diseases is to prevent their occurrence. Homoeopathy medicines and remedies are very effective in preventing and curing the mosquito-borne diseases, Dengue and Chikungunya. These medicines are prepared from natural substances, hence are extremely safe. Eupatorium perfoliatum is a perennial plant, the extracts of which are used in preparing homoeopathy drugs for dengue. This helps ease the pain in the joints and in the eyeballs. This wonder plant also helps you recover from a severe headache. Arsenic album, a solution made from diluted aqueous arsenic trioxide, can ease symptoms like nausea and vomiting. Belladonna can cure high fever; reduce skin rashes and swelling in the joints.
Apart from these, health awareness is mandatory for the prevention of these diseases. Clean surroundings, practising good hygiene play a major role in averting prevalence of mosquito-borne diseases. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Herniated disc, bulged disc, protruded intervertebral disc (PIVD) are the different names of one condition. This is a condition where- disc in between the two vertebral bodies starts peeping out on one side- anterior or posterior. These discs are just like the bags filled with liquid material, which work like shock-absorbent. There are several hard bony vertebrae in the vertebral column and there is plenty of movements with these vertebrae. When we look on one side to other side, we look upwards, downwards or we twist and even we bend forward or backward in each and every condition, there will be a movement in these bones, these discs decide the free movements of the spine. Along with this- when we walk or run there will be shocks and jerks to all these bones and these bags decide that there wont be any kind of jerks in between the bones. So, these discs are of multiple uses.
Our spine is inverted “S” shaped. There are two main curvatures in the spine which are free to move- Cervical and Lumbar curvatures. These curvatures of the spine are maintained due to the spaces in between the two vertebrae. Whenever there is a loss or change (specially reduction) of this space between two vertebrae- pressure will be exerted on the intervertebral discs. This uneven pressure on the disc causes- protrusion/bulge/herniation of the disc- this is the condition known as SLIPPED DISC, in layman language. Why does disc slip
Generally, slipped disc condition is diagnosed by its signs and symptoms. When slipped disc starts exerting pressure on the nerves surround the disc- the nerve will be excited which gives sensation of- Pain, Burning or Numbness in the related area of the nerve. This sensation can travel long far away to the areas, which are being supplied by the nerve and can be limited to a particular location in neck or back even. Sign & Symptoms of Slipped Disc.
Ayurveda about Slipped Disc
Where modern medical (Surgical) sciences believes that this is a problem of just bones and joints of the vertebral disc besides this Ayurveda takes a “Wholistic” (Complete and wholesome) approach towards this and tells that this is a problem at three levels-
- Mamsa Dhatu, Asthi Dhatu, Majja Dhatu!
- These are different tissue levels according to Ayurveda- Mamsa is muscles, Asthi represents bones and the Majja denotes everything which is in between and in the bones.
- Mamsa (the muscles) starts stiffening due to the dryness – improper diet and imbalanced lifestyle and deteriorate the curvature of the spine- which leads to the deterioration of the intervertebral discs.
- Asthi (the bony tissue) is affected due to the muscles.
- Majja (the disc and the neural tissue- spine) is compressed due to the pressure and all effects.
So, we need to treat the condition, wisely and in a wholesome manner, rather just to removal of the protruded tissues (Laminotomy) and this is the basic reason- there are risks associated to the surgery of the spine and in almost more than 45% cases patients had to go for a second surgery to stay pain free. Why Surgery for spine doesn’t succeed. Secondly, this is a mechanical problem so medicines alone can give you temporary relief rather than the cure- So better you save your money and invest it on complete cure for the problem, rather than just taking the pain killers and medicines which were indicated in epilepsy to just reduce the signs and symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am having doubt of pregnancy. But I am not confirm. My periods were not coming in last month so I took (deviry 10) 3 tablets n then periods came and remained for 7 days now in this month of July again my periods has not came. So is it possible that I am pregnant? Please give me the appropriate answers by a gynecologist. .
Both my daughter in laws didn't conceive so far. First married 7 years back and second three years back. First is in oversaes and the second is with us in chennai. Her tsh level is 0.08 and she had been put on eltroxin 125 mg. Tabs. By her gynaec. Chances of our getting a grand child!
I am 36 years female has 55kg weight, how often can I take calcium and vitamins supplement and in what dosage? kindly suggest.
I am a 25 year old female, I missed my period this month, I did UPT and it came negative. My periods have been irregular in the past, it's been 10 days since my missed period what should I do?
Hi, I am 24 year old girl and got married 9 months ago. I have more bleeding these days. Before marriage my period cycle was 35- 40 days and also bleeding was happening for 4-5 days. But after marriage also same late cycle continues and now last 3 months bleeding continues for 10- 15 days. Last month, my period started 12 Jan and it is still bleeding more and more. I have been diagnosed by one gynecologist also. She scanned me and told bleeding will stop after 2-3 days, it stopped after two days but again after 2 more days it started bleeding and it is more and more. I am very scared. Please suggest what to do. Thanks.
01. Homeopathic remedies work in harmony with the immune system of the body, unlike some usual medicines which just suppress the immune system.
02. Homeopathic remedies are very effective. When the correct remedy is taken according to the proper body symptoms, results can be rapid and stable.
03. One should know that homeopathic remedies are not addictive – once relief is felt, one should bring to an end taking the remedies. If no relief is felt, then the selection of remedies was wrong.
04. Homeopathy is natural and safe treatment process in the world. Homeopathic remedies are generally based on natural components.
05. Homeopathy is also holistic. It treats all the signs as one, which in realistic terms means that it deal s with the root reason, not the symptoms.
06. Homeopathic remedies are totally safe. Even babies and pregnant women can use Homeopathic remedies without the risk of side effects. These remedies can also be taken along with the other medication such as allopathic; Ayurvedic & Unani without producing any unwanted side effects. But homeopathic remedies should be taken in the empty stomach. It is better to get prompt result.
08. We get almost 10+ remedies in homeopathic medical science for improving height and body growth