Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meera Gopal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera GopalYour feedback matters!
Kindly suggest me something to increase fertility. Gyneacs has been consulted, they said only cervix is little bit contracted. I want to conceive.
My Brother is having cough with breathing problem and high Fever. On XRay it was shown that the left side of lung is totally covered with fluid. Sir, can you tell me what is the problem? His age is 17.
My friend didn't have her periods when she should have had. When she checked with home pregnancy test. It was positive. She is 21 and studying. She does not want any pregnancy so we need an abortion to be done. Please guide us what to do.
I am 26 weeks pregnant. Finding a small amount of liquid in my belly button since yesterday. If you wipe it off it Will appear again. No smell. No pain. Any reason to worry?
I am suffering from periods problem. I had a sex with my bf on 9 july after my period came 21 july to 28 july then august and sep. They didn't come and I had check pregnancy test in 2 times its negative. please tel me I am pregnant or not.
Dip your gentle Nails into warm Olive oil every once in a while for 15-20 minutes to make them hard.
I am facing problem in my vagina that something very sticky (white color) coming out. I don't know what exactly is this but because of this I feel pain in stomach and waist. Please help me out.
Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) is a cancer of the white blood cells. It is characterized by an increased and unregulated growth of myeloid cells in the bone marrow and the accumulation of these cells in the blood.
Epidemiology, Incidence, Prevalence
In Western countries, CML accounts for 15–25% of all adult leukemias and 14% of leukemias overall (including the pediatric population, where CML is less common).
Why Does It Happen?
Neither you get it from your parents or infections, nor your smoking habits and diet seem to raise any chance of getting it. The only risk is if you've been in contact with high levels of radiation. Higher incidence of CML was seen in Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear bombing survivors. The rate of CML in these individuals seems to peak about 10 years after the exposure.
How would you know about it?
- CML has three phases: Chronic, Accelerated, and Blastic
- Chronic- It is the earliest stage. You might not even have symptoms.
- Accelerated- The number of blood cells that don't work right increases Symptoms are as follows
- Night sweats due to hypermetabolism
- Decreased appetite
- Left upper quadrant abdominal pain from spleen infarction
- Pain in your bones
- Changes in your vision
- Ringing in your ear
- Fatigue, weight loss
- Loss of energy
- Decreased exercise tolerance
Blastic- The cells multiply and take over the healthy blood cells and platelets.
- Rapidly enlarging spleen in blast crisis
- Skin changes including bumps, tumors
- Swollen gland
- Bleeding, petechiae, and ecchymosis
- Bone pain
Complete blood count- To see how many white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets you have.
- FISH test (fluorescence in situ hybridization)- It is a detailed lab test of your genes to see for Philadelphia (Ph) chromosome in bone marrow cells.
- Polymerase chain reaction test- It is a lab test that looks for the BCR-ABL gene, which is involved in the process that tells your body to make too many of the wrong kind of white blood cells.
- The goal of your treatment is to destroy the leukemia blood cells in your body and restore healthy ones to a normal level. It's usually not possible to get rid of all the bad cells.
- If you get treatment during the early, chronic phase of CML, it can help prevent the disease from moving to a more serious level.
- Doctors usually give drugs known as tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) first. They slow down the rate at which your body makes leukemia cells.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!