Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mary ShashikalaYour feedback matters!
Debilitating inflammation in the joints and its surrounding tissue usually characterize arthritis. This ailment can greatly weaken the body. At the point when joints are seriously influenced by joint pain, there are a number of treatment methods that may be available for the patient. Pain relievers, physiotherapy and other forms of treatment can help in offering relief. Yet, when these methods fail, one can go in for replacement surgery of the affected joint. This may not just lessen or eliminate the pain experienced but it can also it can reestablish better strength in the joint. Hip, knee, and shoulder joint substitutions are a portion of the more normal surgeries suggested when managing joint pain.
Joint Replacement Surgery for Various Joints: Arthritis can affect a variety of joints in various ways. In the shoulder, this can be found in the humerus (the upper arm bone) and a bit of the scapula (the shoulder bone). In the knee, it includes the finishes of the femur and tibia (the thigh bone and shin bone, separately) and the patella (the knee top). In the hip, the influenced zones are the femur and the attachment in the pelvic bones in which it rests (the hip bone socket). In simple words, an aggregate joint trade or replacement for joint pain includes replacing the harmed joint surfaces with simulated segments artificially.
Ideal Candidate: In the event that your joint pain is progressed yet you are generally healthy, joint substitution might be a choice. Notwithstanding, you should take the advice of an accomplished orthopedic pro who can give you moderate treatment choices and other negligibly intrusive ways to deal with the condition before resorting surgery.
As a rule, you may not be a decent candidate of the replacement if:
- You have inadequately controlled diabetes
- You are a chain smoker
- You are extremely chubby
- You have encountered contaminations in the influenced ligament joint before
- The best contender for a ligament joint replacement surgery includes patients who:
- Have joint pain that is extreme
- Are encountering a debilitating effect in their personal life due to the painful symptoms
- Have discovered moderate medicines, for example, mitigating drugs and non-intrusive treatment to be ineffectual
- Are willing to effectively and regularly participate in a recovery program after surgery
The accomplishment of a joint substitution surgery relies on upon the stability of the remaining parts of the joint. In the event that the joint has endured a few diseases, or in the event that it has experienced a few surgeries, it may not be sufficiently solid to withstand a joint replacement procedure. What's more, if you there are immune system disorders or long ailments like diabetes at play, then there may be little chance of aligning with the new joint.
Hi i am newly married while having intercourse my wife feels a lot of pain because of this pain we are unable to have sex comfortably is this normal we are married from last 16 days.
Both my daughter in laws didn't conceive so far. First married 7 years back and second three years back. First is in oversaes and the second is with us in chennai. Her tsh level is 0.08 and she had been put on eltroxin 125 mg. Tabs. By her gynaec. Chances of our getting a grand child!
Pregnancy test negative. Right ovarian cyst36*16*17 mm. Once took meprate for withdrawal bleed n nxt month progesterone injections for withdrawal bleed, this month also missed my menses.
11 Symptoms of Kidney Diseases
Kidney problems, although take a longer time to develop, they end up being silent killers. There are no obvious signs for months and the symptoms crop up when it's rather late.
Many younger people these days are getting diagnosed with kidney problems. This is primarily due to drinking alcohol, smoking, bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. About 60% people who have diabetes or hypertension develop kidney problems eventually.
Therefore, it is advised to be aware of what harms your kidneys and take adequate care to keep them healthy.
Watch out for any of these symptoms early on.
1. Urine Color - This is probably the first symptom and unfortunately affects many people around us. With the way our lifestyles are, this is becoming an increasing concern. Urine becomes dark and there is a need to urinate yet, one is unable to do so.
2. Urine Infection - Second would be when you feel pain or difficulty while urinating. The infections in the urinary tract induce their symptoms of pain or burning during urination. If this infection spreads to the kidneys, one can feel pain in the back.
3. Blood In Urine - If there is blood in your urine, it is a sign of renal illness. While this could be happening because of various reasons, it is advisable to see your doctor soon.
4. Water Retention - The function of the kidney is to take out the extra liquid and the waste from our body. When this process is not smooth, water will stay back and cause your face, limbs and/or ankle joints to swell.
5. Weakness - Severe exhaustion would mean minimized oxygen being delivered to the cells, causing weakness in general. This is also one of the symptoms that your kidney needs medical attention.
6. Temperature Variance - If your kidney is unwell, one of the symptoms is that you will feel the chill even when the temperature is actually warm.
7. Skin Breakout - Since an unfit kidney means waste in the body is piling up, it causes the skin to break out and cause severe irritation and rashes.
8. Rise of Blood Urea Level - When the kidney is unwell, it increases the level of urea in the blood. This causes breakdown of the urea into ammonia in the spit, causes it to smell foul, like urine/metal.
9. Nausea - Waste accumulating in the blood adds up to causing nausea and vomiting.
10. Breathlessness - One can also feel the lack of breath if the condition of the kidney worsens.
11. Discomfort or Pain - Some people have been known to have bodily pains, an instant discomfort that spreads from the lower back to the groin. This usually means that there is a stone in the kidney.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms
The liver is a vital organ which means a person cannot survive without it. The liver works with other organs in the digestive tract to digest, absorb, and process food. The main function of the liver is to filter the blood that it receives from the digestive tract before passing it to the rest of the body. The liver detoxifies and metabolizes the medicines that you take. It also secretes bile and important blood clotting proteins.
Being such an important organ, it becomes imperative for you to stay away from habits that can damage it.
Here are some common habits that are damaging your liver:
1. Too much sugar
Having excess amounts of sugar is not harmful to just the teeth but the liver as well. Liver converts fructose ( a type of sugar) into fat. If you consume foods with refined sugar, it can build up as fat in the liver leading to liver diseases. Experts suggest that consuming too much sugar can be as harmful to the liver as having excessive alcohol. Avoid foods that contain refined sugars and corn syrup that has high fructose content. Limit foods with added sugars, such as soda, pastries, and candy.
The painkillers that you pop frequently for a sore back, that annoying headache or a toothache can damage your liver in the long run. It is okay to take over the counter pain medications like paracetamol once in a while but make sure that you do not resort to taking them on a regular basis. Always consult your doctor for chronic painful conditions and advice on pain medications.
3. Excessive alcohol
Consuming alcohol in large quantity can cause irreversible damage to the liver. When alcohol is consumed in excessive amounts it interferes with the ability of the liver to get rid of toxins from the body. Studies suggest that having three glasses of alcohol every day is a direct risk for liver cancer.
4. Too many supplements
Taking supplements instead of obtaining those nutrients from your food is a habit that can damage your liver. Unless recommend by your doctor, avoid taking supplements indiscriminately. Eat a well-balanced diet rich in green leafy vegetables, fruits, dairy products, and protein. Always consult a doctor before you start taking a supplement even if it is an herbal supplement. Remember that all medicines are processed by the liver.
5. Sleep deprivation
You may not know but not getting a regular sleep can damage your liver. Studies show that when people are sleep-deprived their livers cannot process the fat efficiently leading to fat accumulation which eventually leads to liver damage. Getting a good sleep also acts as a repair process for the whole body including liver. Make sure you get a good 7- 8 hours of sleep regularly.
6. Soft drinks
Studies have shown that people who drink too much soft drinks have higher chances of developing the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). Since these drinks are packed with sugar, so it is best to avoid them for improving your overall health.
So, go ahead and change these habits that are harming your liver and embrace a healthy and active lifestyle for a healthier you. Stay healthy, stay happy!
Hi, this question is for my friend. She got her periods on 9th August so her next date was 9th September. She had unprotected intercourse on 11th and 12th of august which is supposed to be a safe day. She did not get her periods on 9th of september so she underwent hCG blood test on 21st September. And the result was negative (beta level less than 2). But till now she has not got her periods. What next steps should be taken to get ensured 100% she is not pregnant? Please guide.
I given birth to baby girl 13 days back c section ,I didn't get milk after delivery, my paediatric given me dexlac, nw I am trying to brest feed her she latching fr more then an hour as my milk is low, does my baby get hurt by suckng fr long time for one n half hour ,does it effects on her cheek muscles?
What are the safe days to do sex? actually my duration cycle is 28-30 days and my last down date is 10th june 2015. So can you give me the detail of safe days. Or when should I do sex next time. And can we do sex without condom in safe days. And what are safe days?
Maine ek month k baby ka abortion kraya hai aur tbse aur 5 din ho gye but drd aur bleedibg km nhi ho rha pet aur kmr ka .mai kya kru? Plzz tell me.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
Hi. Can any one suggest me to avoid pregnancy what are the different and safe option one can use apart from condom.
In what cases a pregnant woman can have 7 normal like periods during pregnancy? Is it common or rare to have normal like periods during whole pregnancy?
On 18th jan, My husband had sex now I am confused I am pregnant or not I do not have any symptoms but I feel vomiting and itching on my breasts. I dnt have any pregnancy test. Is this mean I am pregnant.
Mam muje 1 month 5 din huye the mne abortion k liye insta kit use ki thi usk baad mere ko bleeding ho ri h m kaise pta kru ki mera abortion ho gaya h muje 2 din he hui h us k baad thodi thodi ho ri h bs.
I feel itching and pain in my vagina during sexual intercourse. I have been married since 3 years but we don't do intercourse regularly. How to make it painless. Kindly guide us.
The day you start period is called 1st day
Your cycle is 28 days,means your next period is expected on 28th day
Deduct 14 from 28 it is the ovulation day, it means ovulation will take place on 14th day.
Sperms is shed in vagina will remain active for about 4 days could be more
Safe days- 1st to 7th day, and 21st to 28th day
Fertile days- 13th day to 16th day are highly fertile